2018-2019 Creighton University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted, interviewed 1/25, likely to withdraw

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ughhh. Alternate list - interviewed on 1/25. I sent my update today. I thought they weren't going to review until this week. This one hurts... really wanted to go here. Anyone know if there is alternate pool movement?

ughhh. Alternate list - interviewed on 1/25. I sent my update today. I thought they weren't going to review until this week. This one hurts... really wanted to go here. Anyone know if there is alternate pool movement?

There is always going to be alternate list movement. To be honest though you could wind up waiting until July. That is just part of the game! There is also a possibility you might never get off the list. The best thing you can do is keep sending updates and hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/25 and placed on alternate list. This one hurts since I really hoped to get in to Creighton. Does Creighton reject applicants post-interview? I just don't know how many get off the waitlist.

Just got an II now. Only date I can afford flights is for March 1st... is that too late?

Historically there has been alt list movement. But the degree to which there is movement varies.

Just got an II now. Only date I can afford flights is for March 1st... is that too late?
I personally don't think the date shouldn't matter tremendously.

II this morning, 2/22 and 3/1 are options. OOS.

Reactions: 2 users

Keep sending updates and telling CUSOM how interested you are in the program -- they like that. There is movement on the waitlist, but it does vary year to year. The most movement tends to me in May when people who have multiple acceptances need to only choose one school. There is hope.

Does anyone know what it means when the status "Thank you for visiting campus for an II..." disappears on the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am unsure about this. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else knows anything about this.

A medical student I spoke with during my interview mentioned that applicants are either accepted or waitlisted post-interview. Not sure if this is always the case, but past Creighton posts/threads seem to confirm this.

Just wanted to say that the interview process is really great here. It was honestly fun and not stressful. Also all the students were super nice and welcoming

As a current student I can say that the majority of interviewees will be waitlisted rather than flat out rejected. There of. course is also the possibility of being accepted flat out, though the odds are lower given how late in th cycle it is. This is a great school and speaking as someone who didn’t get off the waitlist until later in the cycle. It is worth the work to keep contacting the admissions office.

Best of luck everyone!!!

Alternate list as well :( and I thought post-II acceptance here was high based on what they told us at interviews

What are the best options for housing (e.g., apartments) around campus, especially if mainly walking/biking?

Accepted 2/25! So excited Everyone was so nice and the students all seemed like the genuinely loved it!!

heading 1000+ miles to Omaha tomorrow... excited is an understatement!!! So so so happy I got an interview here!!!

Reactions: 1 users
heading 1000+ miles to Omaha tomorrow... excited is an understatement!!! So so so happy I got an interview here!!!
Same! I'm coming from South Florida so I have a longgggg flight haha. See you Friday, it seems :D

when will be last interview dates?
Not sure, their website says "September through March" though. My interview is this Friday, so if they say anything of importance I'll post it here

Same! I'm coming from South Florida so I have a longgggg flight haha. See you Friday, it seems :D

Awesome, have a safe journey and see you on friday! Best of luck :)

anybody know when an accepted students facebook page will be created?

Thank you for interviewing message disappeared today. Dear god please let it be an acceptance !!!!!

Hey guys, I interviewed yesterday and most students who were hosts were telling me that yesterday was the last day of interviews.

Following. Good luck on your interview!
I got the vibe it was the last interview day. When I was leaving the simulation lab, I heard the admissions director say this was the last tour for the cycle.

As a current student I can confirm that this past Friday was our last day for interviews. Best of luck to all of you future Blue Jays and those of you still waiting to hear back!

If it is any consolation, from about March to July will have about 40 or so people get off the waitlist. At least with the way it was last year. Could be less though depending on the year

If it is any consolation, from about March to July will have about 40 or so people get off the waitlist. At least with the way it was last year. Could be less though depending on the year

I don't know if this is true this year. The Director told me that they don't even look at waitlisted applicants until mid-May :(

True. It might be more like 20-25 people then from May-July since that was what occurred last year. Just keep sending updates and do a lot of praying. Other than that you have no control. Just keep believing!

True. It might be more like 20-25 people then from May-July since that was what occurred last year. Just keep sending updates and do a lot of praying. Other than that you have no control. Just keep believing!

Do you know how big their waitlist is? It's only 20-25 people that get off?!

Pretty much everyone who gets an interview will be put on the waitlist who is not accepted immediately so it is probably about 400 people or so.

Hi friends, i have decided to give up my spot at Creighton and go to my state school instead. I hope it goes to one you guys! Best of luck, Creighton is my alma mater and it is an amazing place. Best of luck to you all!!

Does anyone know of an accepted student Facebook page?