2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
reapplicant here and havent received II. I fear that Keck hates reapplicants based on the threads of previous cycles. Apparently in the past years a bunch of reapps got pre-II Rs all around the same time. I have yet to hear about a reapp that got II or an A at Keck lmao
I was paranoid about that, but I found at least 2 based on past threads that were re-interviewed and accepted lol, so it's def possible. We got it dude

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
super nervous… the IIs usually come out in waves right? i was complete early july

Members don't see this ad :)
Really manifesting and sending prayers to those applicants to get an II to USC. Praying for us all.

Any OOS IIs yet? It seems the IS IIs come out at night (8pm-10pm ish), from this thread and IS friends of mine who have gotten IIs.

Is it too late to submit an application to USC today? Is it worth? OOS acceptance rate is <1% wtf

Last edited:
That's an average acceptance rate for a California school as an OOS applicant.
Yeah that's fair. Do you think I have a shot if I submit an app this week? It's kinda late in the cycle. I'm SES disadvantaged and have a background more unique than the average applicant (not cookie-cutter) but I don't want to spend money I don't have on a school that won't actually consider my application

Not sure where you got the OOS acceptance rate is <1% but MSAR shows that nearly 20% of their class is OOS. I know that because I am OOS and fell into the trap of assuming they were OOS friendly because of their Private School status on MSAR...that little tidbit consoles me, although I don't have high stats.

Don't psyche yourself out just yet, you might not be screwed this time @screwedpremed999

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure where you got the OOS acceptance rate is <1% but MSAR shows that nearly 20% of their class is OOS. I know that because I am OOS and fell into the trap of assuming they were OOS friendly because of their Private School status on MSAR...that little tidbit consoles me, although I don't have high stats.

Don't psyche yourself out just yet, you might not be screwed this time @screwedpremed999
Thank you for your encouragement :) I'm so sorry I keep asking this question but no one has given me a straight answer yet. Do you think I should submit a secondary here even if it's August?

Thank you for your encouragement :) I'm so sorry I keep asking this question but no one has given me a straight answer yet. Do you think I should submit a secondary here even if it's August?
If you have the money to spend the extra ~$100, then do it. Why not?

If you have experiencing volunteering/working with the population that Keck serves and have a relatively higher MCAT score, I don't see why not. Keck does have a big IS bias for a private school and has a preference for high MCATs. Speaking Spanish is also a huge plus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think its late. Most early applicants here I believe submitted early-mid to late July I think based on when secondaries first came out so you're only a few weeks behind. I say the more time you spend thinking about it, the sooner you could be working on your app. So do it! Especially if you think they're a good fit for you.

• Love
If you have experiencing volunteering/working with the population that Keck serves and have a relatively higher MCAT score, I don't see why not. Keck does have a big IS bias for a private school and has a preference for high MCATs. Speaking Spanish is also a huge plus.
I've been a volunteer for a population that is almost 100% underserved Hispanic patients for 2 years and am learning Spanish (not fluent in any way). Unfortunately, I do not have a relatively high MCAT score, but it is within range for OOS accepted applicants, so I'm not sure how to proceed...

Last edited:
I don't think its late. Most early applicants here I believe submitted early-mid to late July I think based on when secondaries first came out so you're only a few weeks behind. I say the more time you spend thinking about it, the sooner you could be working on your app. So do it! Especially if you think they're a good fit for you.
Okay :) thank you so much! Yes I believe their HEAL program is an extremely great fit for me because I'm able to contribute to and learn from it a lot. I also have a strong social support system in SoCal, esp LA (almost all of my close friends are in CA and one of them is going to school at USC)

OOS II Received. This is huge for me! LM and WARS in signature.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS II received as well. Is the website not working for anyone else? I'm very confident in my password and it's not working and wont let me reset the password.

For those who are OOS do you remember when you were complete? Just want to better understand their timeline as I am also OOS but submitted a bit later towards the end of July.

For those who are OOS do you remember when you were complete? Just want to better understand their timeline as I am also OOS but submitted a bit later towards the end of July.
i was complete way back on 7/1 so don't stress!! im sure they're getting to u:)

OOS II, Complete July 15, no ties to Cali, and I have a 512 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
If I accidentally submitted more than 3 letters of recommendation, should I write them an email apology for the confusion or just leave it be?

If I accidentally submitted more than 3 letters of recommendation, should I write them an email apology for the confusion or just leave it be?
That's what I did and I got an II the day after.

II IS Received 8/8/22. Secondary Invite: 7/23/22 Secondary Submission: 7/24/22

II @1PM PST, IS, 76LM ORM, 7/14 complete, first interview god bless

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Is the password not working for the secondary website for anyone?

Anyone able to expand on the "How does under-representation affect your community?" question? Do they mean personal experiences as a patient or being underrepresented as a physician

Anyone able to expand on the "How does under-representation affect your community?" question? Do they mean personal experiences as a patient or being underrepresented as a physician
I talked about my personal community and how they are under-represented in medicine and how it affects health care experiences and choices specifically in my community.

So as a patient.

To those interviewing this week, can you please let us know when they tell you who your faculty interviewer is?