2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck) Secondary Prompts

The following questions allow the Admissions Committee to become acquainted with you as an individual. Please answer the questions in 3-5 sentences. Each answer must be 65 words or less.

1. What is the most fun you’ve had lately?
2. If you had to give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
3. What are three things you don't care about at all?
4. Describe a situation in which you didn’t get something you felt you deserved.
5. Are you a member of a group that is under-represented in medicine?(Y/N) IF yes, Which Group? How does under-representation affect your community?
6. Have you previously applied to medical school (M.D. , D.O., international)?(Y/N) IF yes, Upon reflection, what do you think went wrong?

Essay Questions:
1. What do you see as the physician's role in Public Health? Please answer the question in 150 words or less.
2. (Optional) Is there anything else you would like us to know?(Y/N) If yes, please answer the question in 200 words or less.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IS 2nd received today 8:52am PST.

@wysdoc Here is the prompt:

The following questions allow the Admissions Committee to become acquainted with you as an individual. Please answer the questions in 3-5 sentences. Each answer must be 65 words or less.​

What is the most fun you’ve had lately?
If you had to give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
What are three things you don't care about at all?
Describe a situation in which you didn’t get something you felt you deserved.
Are you a member of a group that is under-represented in medicine?(Y/N) IF yes, Which Group? How does under-representation affect your community?
Have you previously applied to medical school (M.D. , D.O., international)?(Y/N) IF yes, Upon reflection, what do you think went wrong?

Essay Questions:
What do you see as the physician's role in Public Health? Please answer the question in 150 words or less.
Optional: Is there anything else you would like us to know?(Y/N) If yes, please answer the question in 200 words or less.

Members don't see this ad :)
"What are three things you don't care about at all?"

Thats quite a question

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anybody else’s say their letters of recommendation aren’t uploaded even though they are in amcas and other schools have gotten the LORs?

Just submitted with Olivia Jade as one of the three things, because "I prefer to use the front door rather than the side door." Fingers crossed they have a good sense of humor 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just submitted with Olivia Jade as one of the three things, because "I prefer to use the front door rather than the side door." Fingers crossed they have a good sense of humor

I thought I was being edgy by ****ting on UCLA’s football team.

I wasn’t sure who that was until I googled it. You’re bold. I would not have submitted that.

Just submitted with Olivia Jade as one of the three things, because "I prefer to use the front door rather than the side door." Fingers crossed they have a good sense of humor 😂
LEGEND

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is brilliant! Good luck everyone.

Anyone else not able to pay the application fee for submitting the secondary? It just keeps giving me an error, it won't bring me to the page that allows me to enter my credit card info.

Anyone else not able to pay the application fee for submitting the secondary? It just keeps giving me an error, it won't bring me to the page that allows me to enter my credit card info.
Yup. I tried on Safari and Firefox so I think it's on their end. My other portals that seem to use the same framework take my money fine 😢

3-5 sentences for 65 words or less?!?! Are we writing at the 3rd-grade level? lol.

Do I need to explain why I don't care about the three things? I was hoping to leave that for the interview

Do I need to explain why I don't care about the three things? I was hoping to leave that for the interview
I added a brief explanation for all three and that tied them back to important parts of my identity/beliefs.

IS, secondary received 7/6. Submitted 6/6 and processed 7/5.

IS applicant here, URM

AMCAS verified 06/28
Keck Secondary Received: 07/01
Secondary Submitted: 07/09

man these prompts are killing me, anyone else?

According to MSAR, USC starts sending out interviews tomorrow, July 12. Do they historically follow what they report and who should be on the lookout for one?

According to MSAR, USC starts sending out interviews tomorrow, July 12. Do they historically follow what they report and who should be on the lookout for one?
I don't see why not? A lot of schools on the MSAR list say they'll send interview invites starting in "early July"

After looking at last years thread it looks like MSAR is not accurate :/ people didn't begin receiving IIs until mid August.

Any thoughts on the best way to refer to the school name in a secondary? Keck? KSOM? USC?

Anyone not receive secondary yet? Last year I got it from Keck the day my app was verified and it's been a few days now :/.

If you dont receive one soon, maybe email them since I've heard they don't screen? Also, have you checked your spam and possibly the first email you used last year (if it's different than this year)?

Also has anyone gotten the "under review" email or any updates after submitting their secondaries yet?

Same as the above poster. Secondary sent in on 7/8.
Do you all already have LOR's submitted? My universitie's Committe Letter can't even be submitted until the 18th, so I was wondering if you all had your LORs submitted.

Do you all already have LOR's submitted? My universitie's Committe Letter can't even be submitted until the 18th, so I was wondering if you all had your LORs submitted.

I did all that with the AAMCAS app.
Didn’t do a committee letter. I dont think my school even offers it.

Last edited: