2022-2023 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed mid-Feb. Received an email from them. I am wait-listed.

II just now?? It’s rly late I’m surprised. Does anyone know if they are just interviewing for WL spots?

Congratulations to those that received IIs! I do know from last year's thread that CNU has a long interview season, as well as good waitlist movement. Good luck!

Received my first II of the cycle today from CNUCOM. Super grateful to be in the position I am now; don’t give up!!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m rly debating wether or not to take the II…on one hand I have no A yet only 2 WL and some pending results, but I’m worried about the reputation of this school just by looking into the past thread. Can anyone offer some insight to the accreditation status of this school?

There’s a lot of helpful info on this current thread including insight into the school’s commitment to getting to full accreditation. I’ve also been following the CNUCOM instagram page and found that to be very reassuring.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m rly debating wether or not to take the II…on one hand I have no A yet only 2 WL and some pending results, but I’m worried about the reputation of this school just by looking into the past thread. Can anyone offer some insight to the accreditation status of this school?
At the student session last week one of the faculty addressed the accreditation issue at the beginning of the session. They didn't give specifics about what the issue is but did elaborate that they are currently working with LCME to address their concerns and are committed to fixing it. He also said that worst case scenario is that following the admittance of class of 2027 they would not be able to enroll a new cohort of students assuming the LCME's concerns are not addressed in the next year or so. Additionally, another faculty mentioned the progress on building the new teaching hospital so it would appear that they are very committed to moving forward.

People in the past suggested that this year's match results would be worse due to the LCME probation being in effect but based on the recent match results things seem more or less the same with high match rate and some students matching competitive specialties like plastics.

Overall, it's best to form your own opinion. If I were in your shoes I would probably do the interview and worry about attending later in the case that you are accepted. Interviews are virtual so no travel or money associated with that. If you are accepted you could do an in-person tour to check the vibe and facilities for yourself like I did and also reach out to current and past students on social media to get their perspective.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi, did everyone else get an email about the virtual information session this morning?

Reactions: 2 users
Where to submit a thank you letter? Just finished my interview!

Does CNUCOM accept LOIs/update letters? If so, to what email should we send it to?

I just got an II today, very surprising as I thought it was too late in the cycle. Let’s see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now?? It’s rly late I’m surprised. Does anyone know if they are just interviewing for WL spots?
If they’re interviewing you it means you have a chance to be accepted. Good luck.

They are very committed to getting credentialed. A school doesn’t get this far and then gives up. They will do whatever is in their power to do what is needed for them to be credentialed.

Received my first A today! Interviewed 1/6, waitlisted 2 weeks ago. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
When does this school stops interviewing? Looking at past data, it seems like ppl were getting invites even in may

When does this school stops interviewing? Looking at past data, it seems like ppl were getting invites even in may
I know of someone who got an invite to interview in May and 2 weeks later was accepted.

Would love to touch base with any current students. Planning on visiting on April 19th.

Got my hopes up when they started addressing us as accepted students during the informational session

• Haha
I am wondering if the information session on 4/18 did change anyone's mind about the going or not going to the program?

I am wondering if the information session on 4/18 did change anyone's mind about the going or not going to the program?
I have to admit that I was very relieved that they addressed the accreditation issue right away and they seem very confident that they are getting it. Match rate and locations were very impressive to par with some of the top Med Schools in California. I was also happy to hear that there are research opportunities in collaboration with UCD. I am going there today for a visit and it is looking very promising so far.

Reactions: 2 users
I have to admit that I was very relieved that they addressed the accreditation issue right away and they seem very confident that they are getting it. Match rate and locations were very impressive to par with some of the top Med Schools in California. I was also happy to hear that there are research opportunities in collaboration with UCD. I am going there today for a visit and it is looking very promising so far.
Great! Thank you for sharing. I am wondering if you have any other acceptances? I have received another acceptance from a different school. However, I am still on the fence about my decision. I must also admit that yesterday's session has made me seriously consider this school as an option.

Great! Thank you for sharing. I am wondering if you have any other acceptances? I have received another acceptance from a different school. However, I am still on the fence about my decision. I must also admit that yesterday's session has made me seriously consider this school as an option.
Yes I have one more and I am currently on 5 other waiting lists. I am in your boat. The match list is what did it for me. To match in Cedars for gen surgery is very very impressive. They only have 8 spots nationwide.

Yeah this is the only A I have so far (a few WLs) but the info session definitely made me more confident in attending. Aside from addressing accreditation concerns, the students seem to be doing well and are passionate about their activities there. And the school seems to be expanding such as with research (eg. new animal facility), SIGs, or the plans for the medical complex.
Side note: Does anyone know where the curriculum video that Dr. Ramsamooj was referencing is?

I was waitlisted here back in February and have yet to hear anything besides the virtual interview (which I signed up for but could not make it). I am worried that not making the virtual interview will hurt my odds/worried in general I still have not heard back, since people are getting off the WL already. No A's yet and only this and one other WL :(

I was waitlisted here back in February and have yet to hear anything besides the virtual interview (which I signed up for but could not make it). I am worried that not making the virtual interview will hurt my odds/worried in general I still have not heard back, since people are getting off the WL already. No A's yet and only this and one other WL :(
Forgive me for being personal, but would you be willing to share some of your background (stats, experience, etc)?

Hi, I have my interview soon- does anyone know if the interviews are all scheduled for the afternoon?

New Dean Hired
Screenshot_20230427-223825.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Still haven't heard anything post II. Anyone on the same boat? I interviewed 3/31