2022-2023 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How long is the interview season at CNUCOM? Are they still sending out II's?

How long is the interview season at CNUCOM? Are they still sending out II's?
I believe they did interviews on Friday 2/17. Most interviewees get pretty short notice it seems, I had 1.5 week notice and I have heard of others getting an interview invite for the next day (perhaps because of cancellations), so it may still be possible to get an ii.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard anything yet?
Anyone Interviewed in Feb heard anything?

Heard back today, got waitlisted. Kind of okay with it seeing as the school is likely to see some good waitlist movement, and I have one more interview to finish this cycle. Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!

Heard back today, got waitlisted. Kind of okay with it seeing as the school is likely to see some good waitlist movement, and I have one more interview to finish this cycle. Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!
What day did you interview? I interviewed 1/6 and still haven’t heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not received confirmation about their secondary being received? Submitted in September

From what I remember, 1 hour. There are two interviewers, about 25 minutes each.
Is the entire interview day 1 hour as well? I'm trying to plan how much work to take off. Also do you remember what time of day it was around? There's no info in the email. Thanks !

Is the entire interview day 1 hour as well? I'm trying to plan how much work to take off. Also do you remember what time of day it was around? There's no info in the email. Thanks !
Sorry, let me correct my statement. There was actually a 15 minute check-in in the morning. I believe all the applicants were there. 9:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. PST. Then my actual interview was in the afternoon. 1st Interview: 1:00 PM – 1:25 PM. 2nd Interview: 1:40 PM – 2:05 PM. I received an email about the schedule about a week before the interview.

Has anyone not received confirmation about their secondary being received? Submitted in September
I don't remember exactly when i submitted or how long it took to receive a confirmation.. but I received an email confirmation that my application was received. Got the email mid-August.

I did not receive a confirmation email so I reached out to the school, and they said they received it and my application is complete.
sounds like some people are getting confirmation emails and some are not?

anyone who interviewed send a ty letter? if so who’d you send it to?
I tried looking for those I interviewed with on faculty list on school website, but either could not find them or no email was available. I just ended up sending a thank you to the college of admissions email.

Does this school accept Update letters? I couldn’t find anything about them on their website or FAQs.

Does the Match rate make you guys feel more comfortable about the accreditation status?
Definitely, as residency programs were aware of the accreditation status during the entire residency application cycle.

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed in February heard anything from the school yet? I interviewed on 2/17 but have not heard anything since then.

Has anyone who interviewed in February heard anything from the school yet? I interviewed on 2/17 but have not heard anything since then.
not yet? Are you from CNU or outside?

If you went to the info session, how did that make you guys feel about the college?

If you went to the info session, how did that make you guys feel about the college?
TBH pretty good, surprisingly. I interviewed at four schools this cycle and attended all the student sessions. Being as unbiased as I can since this is only school I was accepted at, the students genuinely seemed the least stressed and all around the happiest I had met. A lot of them had great things to say about their classmates and mentioned having a lot of fun outside of school which students at other schools didn't mention nearly as much. Also, I have gotten this impression before the session, but the faculty seem very interested/invested in student success whether that be academics or with regards to matching. I also liked that they addressed the accreditation issue right off the bat.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I have not heard back either and interviewed 1/6 LOL

TBH pretty good, surprisingly. I interviewed at four schools this cycle and attended all the student sessions. Being as unbiased as I can since this is only school I was accepted at, the students genuinely seemed the least stressed and all around the happiest I had met. A lot of them had great things to say about their classmates and mentioned having a lot of fun outside of school which students at other schools didn't mention nearly as much. Also, I have gotten this impression before the session, but the faculty seem very interested/invested in student success whether that be academics or with regards to matching. I also liked that they addressed the accreditation issue right off the bat.
I forgot to mention but I also did a tour of the college 3-4 weeks ago. I met a lot of faculty including doctors and also saw a lot of students. They also showed me pretty much the entire college with regards to the college of medicine, even faculty offices. That's what
I meant when I said I have gotten this impression of faculty and students before. If anyone is interested, they make it very easy to do a tour. Just email admissions. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have some.

never received an acceptance email but i got an email from financial aid saying “congratulations on your A, here’s the financial aid information” 😂

Are you going there?
honestly i don’t know, i really want to stay in california for instate tuition but cnsu’s tuition is more than oos schools i’ve been accepted to. i’m wondering when scholarship information will be out or if this email basically said i didn’t get one