2022-2023 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't see why they would have a ranked waitlist and accept someone at 22, but not someone at 15. They probably know how many calls they can make today and have informed the ExCom members they can start making the calls to the individuals on the list they are assigned to. The portal just hasn't updated yet.
I am ranked above 15 on the SEA waitlist and have not been called yet, but maybe I will before the end of the day
Like you said maybe multiple people are calling and they are not synched up

Reactions: 4 users
I am ranked above 15 on the SEA waitlist and have not been called yet, but maybe I will before the end of the day
Like you said maybe multiple people are calling and they are not synched up
Yeah, it’s your Excom member that calls. My app portal and CYMS tool haven’t updated, so I expect those changes in the system either EOB today to tomorrow. My called said to expect an email in the next day or so.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It would depend on which cohort we're in since each cohort has its own waitlist and ranking. (I was in the Seattle cohort)
Yeah, I agree. I was just making the point that if they’re already at 22, it’s likely Seattle. Based on the admissions website, barely any other site even gets into double digits for their waitlists.

For those accepted off of the waitlist, how much time did UW give you to decide on your offer?

The fact that the portal hasn’t updated yet is stressing me out 😅

Reactions: 2 users
I was at late 10s and got the call yesterday. It’s just more special that UW has our Excom member call us, cuz they were the one who has listened to our stories and vouched for us to get in :) so I’m gonna be a doctor!!!! Hope to see all your faces soon! 🫶

I was at late 10s and got the call yesterday. It’s just more special that UW has our Excom member call us, cuz they were the one who has listened to our stories and vouched for us to get in :) so I’m gonna be a doctor!!!! Hope to see all your faces soon! 🫶
How long after the call do you get the email?

How long after the call do you get the email?
It’s been 20 hours for me and no email. I was told to expect something by EOB today. If nothing then I’ll reach out to admissions. The only email I’ve gotten was an official notice for a non-resident tuition waiver.

Same for me, no email yet! Was told that I will get an email today
I emailed admissions about recordings from their second look day and they confirmed that the official acceptance emails should go out today (next few hours). They mentioned that they wanted applicants to get the call before sending those out.

For those accepted off of the waitlist, how much time did UW give you to decide on your offer?
Since I was accepted yesterday and the official acceptance is going out today, I will have about one week to make a decision, but added that
"If you need more time, though, please let us know and we're happy to accommodate that. We do ask that you let the other school know that you have been accepted elsewhere and that you would like more time to make a decision."

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call this morning! I was early 20s. My EXCOM said I'll get an email this afternoon. (I actually had a missed call from this number after business hours yesterday evening but didn't call back because they didn't leave a voicemail lol)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My fellow-waitlisters who have a number higher than 35….how are we doing? I’m going insane 😩

My fellow-waitlisters who have a number higher than 35….how are we doing? I’m going insane 😩
🤚🏼 kinda optimistic but Idk why the portal isn’t being updated and that movement is kinda slow here today

Reactions: 1 user
How long after accepting did you all get emails about your student number and financial aid stuff?

How long after accepting did you all get emails about your student number and financial aid stuff?
When I asked FinAid, they said that it'll take a couple days to update in their system then they can start working on putting together an aid package.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the A from the MT waitlist! I was #6 for those on the MT waitlist who may be wondering.

Reactions: 6 users
Really hope movement doesn’t begin slowing down significantly…

Only if had a penny for every time I logged into the portal Lmaooo
I rely on you guys for portal updates at this point hahaha:rofl:
37 is good news tho! feeling strangely optimistic as position 45 (literally right on the edge compared to previous years)

• Haha
I just withdrew so the MT WL should be at at least 7. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Withdraw my offer :( it was a difficult decision. Hope this A goes to one of you!! Best of luck to everyone!! And congrats guys!

Reactions: 3 users