2021-2022 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The number jumped up to 210 today but I'm not sure if those are individuals who got off the waitlist or not. Hard to believe that no one on this forum has gotten off so you might be right :unsure:. There was also a point early last week where the FB group was at 200 people so the group has gotten a little bigger. Again, not sure if those are waitlisted people or not
I think I'll call it and prepare for re-app if no one on this page gets in tomorrow. I'm still holding on that tomorrow will be the big wave.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
oh i thought it was usually on thursdays? or are tuesdays 1 pm usually for waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought I would post an update about the Facebook group since I am in it and everyone here is wondering. Since last Wednesday, May 4th, 16 people have joined the group and all seem to be waitlisted students since the last person to join prior to these 16 was 3 weeks ago. They joined last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and 4 joined today. There also seems to be around 19 current students/admin in the group, although maybe more. This means there are probably around 191 accepted students in the group, but I’m sure some are accepted students going to another university that haven’t left the Facebook group yet. Not sure what this means about future waitlist movement, but movement has happened and it seems at least 16 people have been accepted off it so far. Hope this helps people get a better idea of the situation.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Thought I would post an update about the Facebook group since I am in it and everyone here is wondering. Since last Wednesday, May 4th, 16 people have joined the group and all seem to be waitlisted students since the last person to join prior to these 16 was 3 weeks ago. They joined last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and 4 joined today. There also seems to be around 19 current students/admin in the group, although maybe more. This means there are probably around 191 accepted students in the group, but I’m sure some are accepted students going to another university that haven’t left the Facebook group yet. Not sure what this means about future waitlist movement, but movement has happened and it seems at least 16 people have been accepted off it so far. Hope this helps people get a better idea of the situation.
Appreciate the insight mate. Guess we wait

Welp the R email just came in. I was looking forward to this school a lot, but the email says that the class is full. Did anyone make it in with a last second victory?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Welp the R email just came in. I was looking forward to this school a lot, but the email says that the class is full. Did anyone make it in with a last second victory?
Im waitlisted and haven't got the R email, but damn if you did, its probably just going out in batches since my portal isn't updated. Damn, i was trying to go to my undergrad's rival school so i can rep both schools smh

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
In the same boat. Looks like last year people got the R and then the next week a bunch got deferred years. Holding on to that until the R possibly comes in today
What does this mean? If I have an A somewhere, but get a deferred A from Keck, can i somehow go with Keck the next year? That seems crazy

In the same boat. Looks like last year people got the R and then the next week a bunch got deferred years. Holding on to that until the R possibly comes in today
It looks like last year the first deferred acceptance was sent out on Jun 3rd.

Is it just me or is there a lot less waitlist movement across the board this year... Haven't heard back from Keck yet so hoping for the best

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Im waitlisted and haven't got the R email, but damn if you did, its probably just going out in batches since my portal isn't updated. Damn, i was trying to go to my undergrad's rival school so i can rep both schools smh
Lol I love that motivation. I couldn’t see any update on my portal either so just keep looking for emails. I want to hope this isn’t the last round of communications.

For those that received the R, do you have an acceptance somewhere else and did you send a LOI?

For those that received the R, do you have an acceptance somewhere else and did you send a LOI?
Yeah I have a diff acceptance and sent a letter of intent. I also sent a private email afterwards to see if I could get on the deferred acceptance list and she said that they won’t be extending it to the people who weren’t accepted. So if you’re still on the waiting list you probably have a chance still but if you got the R today that’s a final answer. :/

• Sad
Yeah I have a diff acceptance and sent a letter of intent. I also sent a private email afterwards to see if I could get on the deferred acceptance list and she said that they won’t be extending it to the people who weren’t accepted. So if you’re still on the waiting list you probably have a chance still but if you got the R today that’s a final answer. :/
wait do you mean that deferred As are extended to ppl with or without previous acceptances?

wait do you mean that deferred As are extended to ppl with or without previous acceptances?
i think he/she is saying that only people who end up getting accepted off the waitlist might have the opportunity for a deferred acceptance. not people who were waitlisted and then rejected but then asked for a deferred acceptance. correct me if im wrong.

I'm sure you guys are just as in the dark as I am, but I figured I'd try posting just to see since I'm literally going insane w/ anxiety lol: Do you guys know if the R's for people on the waitlist are coming out in waves or when they've come out in the past?

I'm sure you guys are just as in the dark as I am, but I figured I'd try posting just to see since I'm literally going insane w/ anxiety lol: Do you guys know if the R's for people on the waitlist are coming out in waves or when they've come out in the past?
based on last year's thread, there was a wave of post interview, post waitlist R on May 24th. i never saw another wave after that. however, june 3rd is about the time when some people on the waitlist started to get deferred acceptances.

looks like our post interview, post waitlist R wave came two weeks earlier than last week. maybe we're going to have multiple waves, but maybe (and hopefully) the survivors will start to get deferred acceptances next week.

Just got the R email from WL, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Looks like last year the Thursday after the waitlist closed people received calls about deferred acceptances, followed by an R wave the week after. I'm speculating that since the waitlist was closed so much more quickly than last year, hopefully some of use might get good news next Thursday. However, it seems like the admissions committee is working Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so good news will hopefully materialize after lunch break next week??? maybe lol.

i swear my blood pressure spikes with every gmail notification that pops up on my phone today

• Care
i swear my blood pressure spikes with every gmail notification that pops up on my phone today
just wanted to say that it rlly stinks to be in this position and im right there with ya. hope to be classmates one day!!!!! sending such good vibes to everyone who's been absolutely freaking out for the last couple of months.

• Care
Sending good vibes to you all! My friend got off the WL at another school and is giving up her lease at Currie (4B4B phase 1). If anyone is planning to sign, pls take this off her hands (its the same as signing your own new lease but helps her give away her spot!)

I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't mind sharing, what did the email say?

I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't mind sharing, what did the email say?
We are happy to have met you this interview cycle and hope that you also enjoyed your interview day with us. I am writing to let you know, however, that the incoming class has been filled and thus I must vacate your position on the waitlist.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for applying to USC.

I'm sorry to hear that you guys. I was really rooting for the survivors. You all are smart enough to have made it this far so ultimately you'll be alright. Of that I'm certain

• Care
Is the class already full? For those that are still on the waitlist, we still have a chance right? or is it only deferred acceptances now?

Is the class already full? For those that are still on the waitlist, we still have a chance right? or is it only deferred acceptances now?
Previous years, and the rejection email wording, both make it seem only deferred acceptances will be given out, but I bet some A's can still go out too, since people who have PTE'd at Keck may still switch.

I am waitlisted, and haven't got an R yet, and am f'ing praying. I love LA and want to learn here so badly

I am on the WL and did not get any email regarding a decision but I went on my CYMS tool today and for Keck it said "Application no longer under consideration" which was posted on May 12 apparently.
hmm then it probably seems like only deferred acceptances will be given out from here on out (unless someone drops out later on) because they probably wouldn't extend a deferred acceptance to someone who's already accepted elsewhere.

hmm then it probably seems like only deferred acceptances will be given out from here on out (unless someone drops out later on) because they probably wouldn't extend a deferred acceptance to someone who's already accepted elsewhere.
Is anyone still on the waitlist that has other acceptances?

Did anyone still on the waitlist get any update today?

Manifest Friday homies 🙏 Also, does anyone know if deferred acceptances also get to go into the FB group for this year?

manifesting.gif

manifesting that deferred acceptance

seems like the waitlist R's came earlier than last year, but the deferred acceptances are going to be around the same time. i think probably next week after june 1st (i think that's usc's CTE date right?).

EDIT: nvm seems like CTE is june 7th, but according to last year's thread there were deferred acceptances before that date.

EDIT AGAIN: wait im so stupid and can't read. CTE is july 7th. holy moley sorry.

Last edited:
seems like the waitlist R's came earlier than last year, but the deferred acceptances are going to be around the same time. i think probably next week after june 1st (i think that's usc's CTE date right?).

EDIT: nvm seems like CTE is june 7th, but according to last year's thread there were deferred acceptances before that date.

EDIT AGAIN: wait im so stupid and can't read. CTE is july 7th. holy moley sorry.
Do you know what the CTE deadline was last year?

the deferred decisions last year came out on June 3rd I think so before the CTE deadline?
yeah way before. but deferred acceptances were still given out in july too near the deadline. let's keep our hopes up!