2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 10/26 and I haven't heard anything back either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
do they call by last name or by date? Can we expect any more calls?

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend who interviewed in November got the call today! (they don't use SDN so posting for them)

My friend who interviewed in November got the call today! (they don't use SDN so posting for them)
Congratulation to you friend and thank you for an update! Do you know at what time did he get the call?

for late october interviewers, does this mean that we got rejected or do we still wait for an update?

for late october interviewers, does this mean that we got rejected or do we still wait for an update?
I wanna say they either waitlist or accept people - I haven’t seen a post interview rejection yet

I wanna say they either waitlist or accept people - I haven’t seen a post interview rejection yet
So they are still getting back to us on their decision for either an A or W. Is it possible we don't hear back from them at all?

So they are still getting back to us on their decision for either an A or W. Is it possible we don't hear back from them at all?
Probably still getting back :/ I saw from like two weeks ago people from late September were still hearing back

Did anyone from October hear back at all today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent IIs? I haven't seen any movement on that front for a minute in this thread :( losing a bit of hope for my chances of getting one...

Reactions: 3 users
I know there's no real way of knowing, but if people from our interview day already got their A call, do we think that it means the window for A's from that date have passed? I interviewed early Nov and am seeing a couple people get their A's from around my date, and I'm losing hope but am trying to stay optimistic :(

I was just taking a look at my portal and was wondering if this has happened to anyone on here. I submitted my secondary app on 7/30 but I noticed that my LOR receipt date was 9/18, despite my LORs already having been submitted to AMCAS in early July, I'm pretty sure all my of other schools show earlier receipt... v confused.

I have the same situation... mine says 9/14 I'm curious to see if maybe there are different admission committees doing different things so they opened it differently

I was just taking a look at my portal and was wondering if this has happened to anyone on here. I submitted my secondary app on 7/30 but I noticed that my LOR receipt date was 9/18, despite my LORs already having been submitted to AMCAS in early July, I'm pretty sure all my of other schools show earlier receipt... v confused.
I have the same situation... mine says 9/14 I'm curious to see if maybe there are different admission committees doing different things so they opened it differently

I think USC updates the LOR date received whenever your AMCAS get updated. Mine is dated from when my PREview was released, which happened after I was complete. Even though USC doesn't use PREview, it updated my AMCAS.

My other portals show different dates, so it depends on the school presumably how those dates are shown.

I know there's no real way of knowing, but if people from our interview day already got their A call, do we think that it means the window for A's from that date have passed? I interviewed early Nov and am seeing a couple people get their A's from around my date, and I'm losing hope but am trying to stay optimistic :(
I don't think so. I interviewed in September, and we were explicitly told on interview day that we would hear back on 10/17 (and lots of people who interviewed around my time got As/heard back then). I got my A phone call on 11/17 instead—not sure how their timelines really work, but hopefully that helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know how the year 1 and 2 schedule would be like? Are attendance for classes mandatory?

I think USC updates the LOR date received whenever your AMCAS get updated. Mine is dated from when my PREview was released, which happened after I was complete. Even though USC doesn't use PREview, it updated my AMCAS.

My other portals show different dates, so it depends on the school presumably how those dates are shown.
Thanks!

I don't think so. I interviewed in August, and we were explicitly told on interview day that we would hear back on 10/17 (and lots of people who interviewed around my time got As/heard back then). I got my A phone call on 11/17 instead—not sure how their timelines really work, but hopefully that helps :)
Thank you so much for this!

Silence. Completed 7/24. Don’t know what to think. Do they ghost?

Reactions: 5 users
GL to everyone today! Hope you get the A
Do you think decisions will come today,I believe it's every other Thursday and released few decisions on last Thursday

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think decisions will come today,I believe it's every other Thursday and released few decisions on last Thursday
I thought it was every Thursday but I'm probably wrong haha. regardless GL!

Anyone know how the year 1 and 2 schedule would be like? Are attendance for classes mandatory?
The schedule varies from week to week but lectures are webcast and not mandatory, few students go. Our ICM course is required Tuesday mornings from 8 to 12 for MS1s and Thursday mornings 8 to 12 for MS2s. The EPIC and HJSC curriculum courses are always required but they are not every week. Some modules have required small group sessions, labs, or case based learning. Anatomy lab is also always required. Overall, you'll have maybe around 3 days per week with a required class on average. It's not very many required courses honestly and the classes themselves are usually 2 hours, except anatomy which is longer.

Reactions: 1 users
Has Dean Arias said anything about if the holidays mess up the acceptance calls/interview schedule? Since the Thursday after tomorrow that she'd assumingly make calls is right before New Year's.

Anyone else still not heard back yet at all for anything?
They do pre-II Rs and people way past my complete day are getting responses. Multiple schools are like this for me, I’m just going with no news is good news.

Reactions: 3 users
got the call from Dean Arias this morning!!!! interviewed 10/27 :)

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
For people getting the pre-II R today, would you be comfortable sharing when you were complete? Wondering if I need to start bracing for it:(

They might be going out in waves because my Pre-II R just came in after the ones above were reported... Complete very early July