2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when does the "thank you for interviewing" message go away? (does any one who interview the week of 1/23 still have it?)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
where are you seeing that message? is it right when you log in or when you press "Check Status?" Mine also says "thank you for visiting campus" even tho it was online interviews, is anyone else like that?
yep! thats the message I'm talking about

Reactions: 1 users
In terms of research, summer of M1 may be the only time you essentially have time for research and then maybe 3 months. Other summers are spent in rotation. In terms of residencies, there will be a national match day. You will likely match consistent with your ranked preferences. If you want to match in the same area of your medical school, that is fine. Many students desire to match in other geographic areas.
I know all that. Was asking if there are differences in the number of opportunities and resources offered in the Omaha campus compared to the Arizona one in terms of research, finding mentors and all.

I know all that. Was asking if there are differences in the number of opportunities and resources offered in the Omaha campus compared to the Arizona one in terms of research, finding mentors and all.
I was told by my M4 student during the zoom Q and A that the Arizona campus has a long way to go but is slowly making progress. Like a bit ago it was super hard to find research so the students reported that and now they've increased the opportunities. I've also heard since the Phoenix campus is so new there are less clubs. For example there isnt a solid LGBTQ student group that has school funding yet whereas Omaha has more established student groups. So you could view phoenix as an opportunity to start something new! Phoenix students actually recently got more funding in terms of loans to cover the more expensive living costs in phoenix too so theyre def making it better but it is still new. If I am incorrect about anything please let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
at my interview day during a Q&A with a Phoenix campus student (not sure her year, i think M1) she said that she had a super easy time finding research she basically emailed some sort of research coordinator and listed her interests early on and they responded with a bunch of opportunities for her to apply to and she was able to easily connect with someone and is working weekly on a low-time commitment project which she said will pick up a lot in the summer. she said there are a bunch of accessible opportunities because of creighton's established connections with like 3 diff hospitals in phoenix

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by my M4 student during the zoom Q and A that the Arizona campus has a long way to go but is slowly making progress. Like a bit ago it was super hard to find research so the students reported that and now they've increased the opportunities. I've also heard since the Phoenix campus is so new there are less clubs. For example there isnt a solid LGBTQ student group that has school funding yet whereas Omaha has more established student groups. So you could view phoenix as an opportunity to start something new! Phoenix students actually recently got more funding in terms of loans to cover the more expensive living costs in phoenix too so theyre def making it better but it is still new. If I am incorrect about anything please let me know!
Thanks for letting me know! I think that's what I heard about as well, also heard about how they're trying to ramp up research opportunities at the Arizona campus. But basically still debating whether I want to switch or not, like Arizona more than Omaha but am scared since its new.

at my interview day during a Q&A with a Phoenix campus student (not sure her year, i think M1) she said that she had a super easy time finding research she basically emailed some sort of research coordinator and listed her interests early on and they responded with a bunch of opportunities for her to apply to and she was able to easily connect with someone and is working weekly on a low-time commitment project which she said will pick up a lot in the summer. she said there are a bunch of accessible opportunities because of creighton's established connections with like 3 diff hospitals in phoenix
Thanks for letting me know!

Ig this program does not do any pre-ii R's huh

I have an interview on Monday and I haven’t gotten the zoom link for the interview, do you guys know where I can find it??

I have an interview on Monday and I haven’t gotten the zoom link for the interview, do you guys know where I can find it??
they emailed mine to me right after I confirmed my dates. maybe check your spam folder?

Is it recommended to send a thank you note to the students that did the Q&A? Not sure if that’s seen as too much or not?

Is it recommended to send a thank you note to the students that did the Q&A? Not sure if that’s seen as too much or not?
I think it is likely the interviewer has already scored and submitted the results of your conversation by the time a thank you arrives. Is somehow sending a thank you letter tied to merit, not sure but I do not think they would hold it against you. Now, sending a thank you letter to the Director of Admissions for setting up the interview may help make your application memorable. That effort may potentially increase your chances of getting selected off a waitlist in the future as having high interest in actually attending as opposed to just racking up A's.

for those who got an email to accepted students day, how long after the acceptance did you get the email?

Interviewed on 1/25, OOS, A in portal on 02/13. Good wishes to everyone who's waiting to hear back.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Hello, can any current students let me know about the differences between the Arizona and Omaha campuses. Also if the Omaha campus has better research and other opportunities for residencies since it's the more established one. I know Barrows is close to the Arizona campus, but not really interested in Neuro stuff, and was wondering about the resources in other fields or in general. Right now I'm accepted to the Omaha campus and want to switch to the Arizona one, but if the Omaha campus is better in terms of resources and opportunities then I probably won't.
AZ campus student here. The reality is that people who want to perform research, especially those with a specific area in mind before getting here, are involved. As a backup, Barrow has renowned research that is easy to get involved in if you have trouble finding something else. The only differences that comes to mind between campuses are basic science opportunities although I know a few people doing basic science here. There may also be opportunities in Omaha I do not know about.

I would also disagree with the comment that summer is "the only" time to perform research. It may allow for a particularly intense period of involvement, but again, people who want research are doing it during the academic year.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite just now!!! I just checked the portal randomly and saw it there. No clue when it showed up, I never received an email! I'm so pumped!
LM 68, family in Omaha.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
alt list is still a big accomplishment! how did you feel about your interviews?
I felt that they went fine. I talked to them during the advising session so I got some information on the weaknesses of my app. Hoping to improve my app till then and get off the alternate list in May!

Reactions: 1 users
If you interviewed, did you receive any information other than the zoom links? The information available seems slim compared to other schools.

If you interviewed, did you receive any information other than the zoom links? The information available seems slim compared to other schools.

They have a pre interview portion with pre recorded videos about the school, financial aid, diversity and incl, etc probably a total of 1h30 min of videos?

They have a pre interview portion with pre recorded videos about the school, financial aid, diversity and incl, etc probably a total of 1h30 min of videos?
Thanks! Was this info emailed to you, or can you find it somewhere?

AZ campus student here. The reality is that people who want to perform research, especially those with a specific area in mind before getting here, are involved. As a backup, Barrow has renowned research that is easy to get involved in if you have trouble finding something else. The only differences that comes to mind between campuses are basic science opportunities although I know a few people doing basic science here. There may also be opportunities in Omaha I do not know about.

I would also disagree with the comment that summer is "the only" time to perform research. It may allow for a particularly intense period of involvement, but again, people who want research are doing it during the academic year.
Well stated. Medical school requires a high element of time management. Passing the rigor of classes, showing up at clinic, studying for STEP, exercise, and squeezing in a date now and then, and making a meaningful contribution to a lab is attainable.

Anyone else that get accepted already feel like there's been a lack of communication. I've gotten into a few others schools and have probably received half a dozen emails from each about this or that. But since my acceptance email from Creighton a few months ago, I've gotten almost no additional communication from them. Am I not on their email list or something? Are other people with A's getting emails from the school?

Anyone else that get accepted already feel like there's been a lack of communication. I've gotten into a few others schools and have probably received half a dozen emails from each about this or that. But since my acceptance email from Creighton a few months ago, I've gotten almost no additional communication from them. Am I not on their email list or something? Are other people with A's getting emails from the school?
I feel you. I got anxious so I called the school to confirm that my deposit went thru and all. The school told me they are purporsely not sending emails because they expect a large waitlist movement soon in the spring. The student affair office is going to send out informational emails along with whitecoat emails in april.

I figured it would be like that - waiting until the dust settles before more communications. And I actually like that take of only contacting me when need to. I'd prefer not to have my email be bombarded with constant med school emails, which just adds to my "WHERE II" anxiety lmao

I will say though that based on their Admitted Students Day, communication doesn't seem to be their strong suit...