2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current student, a former staff member told me the school was at one point going to be called California University of Medicine and Science :)

How would you rate the weight room at CUSM?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted 12/9! Does anyone know if there is an admitted students FB group or discord?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! You received the acceptance on 12/09 or you interviewed on 12/09?
Interviewed on 11/2 and Accepted on 12/9! Didn't post it on here until today though lol kind of behind I know

Reactions: 1 user
Any December interviewees hear back yet? Starting to get a little nervous

canceled my interview -- hopefully it goes to one of you guys still waiting! best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
made an acc to report - 2ndary received 8/1/22, 2ndary submitted same day, complete email 8/3/22, II 8/26/22, Interviewed 10/14/22, A on 11/4/22, Docusign received and completed by both parties on 12/23/22.

IS, ORM, and super hyped :) will be attending! best of luck to everyone here on ur cycle!

Reactions: 6 users
Current students or anyone else in the know, has the school communicated anything about LCME accreditation updates? I know most schools progress to provisional accreditation after the first class finishes M2 but maybe this has been delayed due to COVID?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Current students or anyone else in the know, has the school communicated anything about LCME accreditation updates? I know most schools progress to provisional accreditation after the first class finishes M2 but maybe this has been delayed due to COVID?
I'm also wondering this

Did anyone get an in person visit email? It’s rly weird cuz I’m not even accepted was WL back in Nov what does it even mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the invite for an in-person visit… kinda confused as to why they aren’t allowing guests

First year student here. We had our LCME visits already and for those who don't know, they do a combination of planned and surprise visits. From what I've heard, the visits went well and they had good things to say about our program. However, the LCME meets at the end of February to discuss more and we should be notified about their decision on our accreditation by early March.

To be completely honest, I feel the delays in accreditation are a combination of a few things: First the accreditation process is already very long, second Covid most likely made it extremely difficult and elongated the process further, and lastly, while I don't know any specifics I feel that the school was not as serious about accreditation during the first two years as they are now, which probably set us back a few years on the process (This could also be due to the school not having an official building for the early years of the school) however, those problems have since been resolved and I feel that we are on-track for accreditation. But I guess we'll find out the hard truth in March.

Last edited:
Did anyone get an in person visit email? It’s rly weird cuz I’m not even accepted was WL back in Nov what does it even mean?
This is a great thing! It means that they are heavily considering to take you off the waitlist. I say this because I was on the waitlist last year and a week after I visited the campus, I received the A. I would treat it like interview part two because they most likely use it as another factor in the admissions process.

This is a great thing! It means that they are heavily considering to take you off the waitlist. I say this because I was on the waitlist last year and a week after I visited the campus, I received the A. I would treat it like interview part two because they most likely use it as another factor in the admissions process.
I interviewed in December and have not heard anything back or received an in person visit email, is that a bad thing?

I interviewed in December and have not heard anything back or received an in person visit email, is that a bad thing?
Unless you notice that everyone else that interviewed in December has heard back with either an A or a waitlist, you don't need to worry. They're most likely still making decisions for your group.

That’s encouraging, but idk if it is just completely coincidental? They later emailed to clarify that the in person visit invites are sent to both accepted and waitlisted candidates lol also when do they typically start waitlist movement?

That’s encouraging, but idk if it is just completely coincidental? They later emailed to clarify that the in person visit invites are sent to both accepted and waitlisted candidates lol also when do they typically start waitlist movement?
Seems like they are trying something new, either way it is a great thing if you feel that you are a better candidate in-person than you are on paper or behind a screen. They really just want to see if you will be a good fit with the students and faculty, because if accepted, you'll be stuck with us and we'll be stuck with you for 4 years lol

Waitlist movement traditionally starts in May, but I was accepted off the waitlist in March after I visited the campus, so anything is possible!

Can anyone else confirm that the in person visit is a factor in acceptance? I was not going to go because i have work but if thats true then i should absolutely go!? 😭

anyone else interviewing this friday 1/20? I have not received the email with interview info we were supposed to receive 1 week before interview. should i contact them today or wait another day? has anyone else received it?

anyone else interviewing this friday 1/20? I have not received the email with interview info we were supposed to receive 1 week before interview. should i contact them today or wait another day? has anyone else received it?
Did you check spam? I found mine there a week before my interview in November

Can anyone else confirm that the in person visit is a factor in acceptance? I was not going to go because i have work but if thats true then i should absolutely go!? 😭
I reached out to the person coordinating the event and they said whether you come or not it will not have any influence on your admission decision :) it'll definitely be a great opportunity to see the campus but don't feel like you have to skip work for it!

But myself and my fellow student ambassadors will be there so to those who do come we look forward to seeing you!!

• Love
I reached out to the person coordinating the event and they said whether you come or not it will not have any influence on your admission decision :) it'll definitely be a great opportunity to see the campus but don't feel like you have to skip work for it!

But myself and my fellow student ambassadors will be there so to those who do come we look forward to seeing you!!
I'll see ya there!

Anyone hear back from 12/16 interview yet? Starting to get more anxious everyday.......

Anyone hear back from 12/16 interview yet? Starting to get more anxious everyday.......
Nope, haven’t heard anything yet. I’m starting to get scared they’re doing their post II ghosting thing from previous cycles..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the ghosting is already going on. I interviewed in Nov and haven't gotten any response at all, I believe it's a silent R, but their way of handling it is extremely disappointing. Best of luck to everyone

Hey yall, anyone get the invite for the "optional" Q&A with the faculty on thursday? Are you going? You think its formal attire? Kinda wish it was all on the same day haha now I have to get myself pretty twice

Hey yall, anyone get the invite for the "optional" Q&A with the faculty on thursday? Are you going? You think its formal attire? Kinda wish it was all on the same day haha now I have to get myself pretty twice

I have work then and most likely can’t get the hour off! Idk why they would wait until now to mention it :/ plus if I do get to join I’ll be logging on from an ambulance in emt uniform lol

I have work then and most likely can’t get the hour off! Idk why they would wait until now to mention it :/ plus if I do get to join I’ll be logging on from an ambulance in emt uniform lol
Haha nice, subtle power move! Yeah I also have work but my sched is more flexible so I can prob attend. Still annoying that they didn't tell us earlier

I also emailed and asked about dress code

Is anyone planning to make a Discord or GroupMe for Accepted and Waitlisted students? I would love to get to know my future classmates!

Just waitlisted, interviewed Dec 2nd. So those of you who interviewed after should hear soon hopefully.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Bruh CUSM never even sent me a secondary lmaooooo

Pretty chill interview. Very conversational. Good to see all your bright shining faces! Every interview I do, I get happier and happier realizing that these kind, intellectual people will soon be my peers :giggle:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
II yesterday with 4/7 being the earliest date available. IS, ORM, complete 8/3

Congrats! Was it just now or earlier today? I interviewed same day and still waiting..
I also interviewed the same day and am also waiting. Playing the optimist here but it’s not over till it’s over. Let’s hope for some good news soon!

Haven’t heard anything back. Can’t tell if it’s better to not hear anything or get a Waitlist……

• Care