2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on January 6th heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi new applicants! I am a current M2 and a Student Ambassador here at CUSM, so if later in the cycle you're invited to an interview it's possible you'll see me during the interview day. The application process is long and stressful as I'm sure you all know, so if I can help with any of your questions or concerns please feel free to tag me or send me a dm! Best of luck to you all during this new application cycle you guys got this!
How long does interview season last? I am an IS applicant and submitted secondary in August but no words! It almost feels like my application was sent to a black hole!

Reactions: 2 users
I reached out to the person coordinating the event and they said whether you come or not it will not have any influence on your admission decision :) it'll definitely be a great opportunity to see the campus but don't feel like you have to skip work for it!

But myself and my fellow student ambassadors will be there so to those who do come we look forward to seeing you!!
Hello, I wanted to ask if you know anything about admission decisions. For instance if all the decisions for a given interview would all be released on the same day such as 12/16 interviewees hearing back today. I didn’t receive a waitlist or rejection today so was wondering if that was a sign I can still potentially hear back soon or if I was skipped over and gotten rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does interview season last? I am an IS applicant and submitted secondary in August but no words! It almost feels like my application was sent to a black hole!
According to the interview schedule we get as student ambassadors it looks like the last interview will be in April. But those who have been waitlisted may be accepted as late as the week before classes start, so I guess technically that's how long interview season lasts for CUSM.

And I definitely understand how lousy it feels to apply and not hear back, but know that the cycle isn't over yet and a lot can happen between now and then. Whether you find success this cycle or not don't stop chasing your dream!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I wanted to ask if you know anything about admission decisions. For instance if all the decisions for a given interview would all be released on the same day such as 12/16 interviewees hearing back today. I didn’t receive a waitlist or rejection today so was wondering if that was a sign I can still potentially hear back soon or if I was skipped over and gotten rejected.
Unfortunately there's no way for me to know how the admissions committee chooses when to accept/waitlist their applicants :/ I know the silence can be deafening but like I said for the last question a lot can happen between now and when the cycle ends.

Just wanted to say to everyone that regardless if you've been left in silence or if you've been waitlisted (or if you've been accepted for that matter) that you are all incredible people and that your worth is not defined by getting into CUSM or any med school. It took me four application cycles to get where I am and I know that as long as you don't give up on your dream of becoming a physician that you WILL get there. If any of you ever have any personal questions about your applications or if you just need some words of encouragement please feel free to dm me at any time.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the ghosting is already going on. I interviewed in Nov and haven't gotten any response at all, I believe it's a silent R, but their way of handling it is extremely disappointing. Best of luck to everyone
Don't give up hope! If you haven't received a rejection yet, you haven't been rejected. Wait for the official email. You may be getting waitlisted.
I, on the other hand, have yet to receive a secondary from them! :-(

Random question, does it mean anything if my interview was super short? 10-15 minutes and I only got asked 2 questions? 👀

Random question, does it mean anything if my interview was super short? 10-15 minutes and I only got asked 2 questions? 👀
My interview was also pretty short (around 15 min) and I got accepted so I wouldn't worry about that!

Reactions: 1 users
For any current students: where do most students live during their first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also wondering this
I’m not a current student, but from what I understood from the interview and Q&As, most students are either from the IE so they just commute from their homes or they just rent a place together in a near location, in Colton or neighboring cities like Fontana and Redlands!

For any current students: where do most students live during their first year?
I’d say most people live in one of the communities right by campus (in Colton), or in Redlands about 15-20 minutes from campus depending on traffic! There’s definitely more popular restaurants/bars in Redlands than in Colton, so if people are going out they will likely do this in Redlands. But students often host house parties in the neighborhood right by campus too! I personally live in Redlands and love the town, I feel safe going on runs alone, and the drive isn’t too bad from campus. There is a cusm housing group that you can join where students will look for roommates and people will post available houses as move in dates get closer! That will also help give you an idea of where people are living

I just emailed the admissions committee and unfortunately they don't accept update letters or LOI :/

Is anyone planning to make a Discord or GroupMe for Accepted and Waitlisted students? I would love to get to know my future classmates!
I am willing to make a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students if anyone is interested?

If any accepted students would like to a part of a FB group send me a message and I can create one!

Hi all, here is the link to a group me, please feel free to join. To all those still waiting, best of luck!!!
You're invited to my new group 'CUSM class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Never heard back from 12/16 interview. Would it be appropriate to email admissions?

Anyone from 01/20 interview hear back? 👀

Forgot to mention that other people have heard back from that interview day but I haven’t received any response yet
At another school I interviewed at some ppl who hadn’t heard back yet was because of their interviewers lagging a bit in submitting their reviews of the interview, so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about

Has anyone received an II after receiving a late secondary invite? I believe the “second wave” of secondaries invites came out early-mid October.

Random question, but can anyone access their applicant gateway portal?

Random question, but can anyone access their applicant gateway portal?
I'm not able to access it currently, it just keeps loading. I was able to last week though.

Anyone get decisions this week? Awfully quiet around these parts 🤠

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
has anyone received a II from this school recently or are they done sending out interview invites?

Bro WTF is going on with 1/6 interviews? Has anyone from that interview date received an A yet??? This school is really unprofessional in ghosting people with silent Rs. I don’t know if I should be waiting to hear back or if it’s a silent R.
they said it could take up to 12 weeks for a decision.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to when waitlist movement typically begins for this school?

Are they only sending out As and WLs at this point and just ghosting instead of sending post-ii Rs?

Are they only sending out As and WLs at this point and just ghosting instead of sending post-ii Rs?
It seems like that's what's been happening. Really hoping they haven't finished sending decisions today for 1/20