2022-2023 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does everyone who doesnt get an A get put on hold or do they actually send out Rs?

Members don't see this ad.

Are acceptances sent out on a specific day each month? Or are they random?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know some people got pulled off hold last year, so maybe some of us will get some good news in the coming months
Do they re-examine the holds each month or wait until April to decide their fate as accepted, waitlisted, or R?

Do they re-examine the holds each month or wait until April to decide their fate as accepted, waitlisted, or R?
During the interview day, it seemed like they were going to reevaluate applications throughout the process!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone OOS gotten an II?

For those who got As earlier than the December round, how long did it take you to receive the acceptance packet they mentioned? I know the spot is secure but I'd feel better having it lol.

For those who got As earlier than the December round, how long did it take you to receive the acceptance packet they mentioned? I know the spot is secure but I'd feel better having it lol.
It took about 2 weeks. I was accepted 10/25 and didn't get the packet until 11/7

Has anyone OOS gotten an II?

Has anyone accepted on 12/20 received their acceptance packet yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they be doing an A/H/R today or will that be on the 31st?

Just got the OOS II late this morning!!! Close ties are working at MUSC (but haven't been here long enough to be a resident of SC)

OOS II this afternoon as well!! WOOOOO!!!

Has anyone IS not heard anything yet? I haven’t received any notification of A/H/R and wasn’t sure if that was typical this far into the cycle as an IS applicant here. Just curious if I should contact admissions or if they usually send mass R’s at a certain point in the cycle?

accepted off hold!!!!! im literally on the verge of tears

Accepted IS and interviewed on Jan 20. I missed the call at 7 PM.

out of curiosity for those accepted, did y'all apply to the MSTP or MD

For those that have interviewed, any tips? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

For those that have interviewed, any tips? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
It was as described online, laid back, standard questions, two 30-minute interviews, very long morning :)
You'll do great!!

So do they actually reject anyone? Or will there be a wave of rejections in march/april?

So do they actually reject anyone? Or will there be a wave of rejections in march/april?
From past years, it looks like, you either make it onto the waitlist or not, and the waitlist is a portion of the holds

Anyone know when/if MUSC will reach out this month? I got high hold for the MSTP on 12/16 and haven't heard anything since. Seems like nobody else has either lol.

Has anyone IS not heard anything yet? I haven’t received any notification of A/H/R and wasn’t sure if that was typical this far into the cycle as an IS applicant here. Just curious if I should contact admissions or if they usually send mass R’s at a certain point in the cycle?
Haven't heard a single thing since I submitted my app. Checked in multiple times, in December they said I was still under consideration. Haven't heard a thing.... so weird. I don't get what's going on.

Any IS applicants waiting to hear back regarding II or R yet?
Yes, IS, haven't heard anything about II/H/R since I applied. Have checked in a few times and still just nothing. They said in December I was still under consideration so idk what's going on.

Does anyone know when they stop sending IIs all together? Like should I just go ahead and commit to my A at USC?

Does anyone know when they stop sending IIs all together? Like should I just go ahead and commit to my A at USC?

Commit to Enroll isn’t available until April 30th. By then, there won’t be any more IIs going out anyways. Any decision before April 30th isn’t binding for schools that use CYMS

Commit to Enroll isn’t available until April 30th. By then, there won’t be any more IIs going out anyways. Any decision before April 30th isn’t binding for schools that use CYMS
Gotcha I didn't realize it wasn't open for USC until then. I guess MUSC does interviews rolling through March so there is still a chance I could hear by like Mid March about an II anyway (not hopeful lol).

I also believe you can Commit to Enroll and hold other waitlist spots elsewhere. I’m not sure that it’s filly binding until June 24th

Does MUSC usually let you know who your two interviewers will be in advance or on interview day?