2022-2023 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything else about more re-interview invites?

OOS, just got invited to re-interview! I’m freaking out, hoping this is good news!!!!!
Did they say when you'll be re-reviewed? i think it is good news!! judging by the person a week or two ago who was re-interviewed and then accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say when you'll be re-reviewed? i think it is good news!! judging by the person a week or two ago who was re-interviewed and then accepted.

No definitive date yet. They said I have to schedule it within the next week or so!

Reactions: 1 user
No definitive date yet. They said I have to schedule it within the next week or so!
I re-interviewed recently and they said the March 7th adcom meeting was last of the year. So hopefully they add another one :) you're making me optimistic

I’ve been on hold since November after interviewing in October. Haven’t heard anything since then. When is the next meeting for people on hold?

How many IS students are on hold with all 3 schools? Very stressed ab it. Like this message if you are in the same boat

Reactions: 3 users
Received an A on 3/7 after interviewing on 3/3. Wasn't able to post until now. OOS from NYC.

Just got the waitlist email! Holding out hope

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my pre-II R yesterday. Still bums me out since I have ties to the state

Received an A on 3/7 after interviewing on 3/3. Wasn't able to post until now. OOS from NYC.
Heyy just curious do you care to elaborate on your ties to the state/what you think made you a competitive OOS applicant for applicants years who view this thread?

Also waitlisted 🙏🏼 Anyone know how many people are waitlisted and how many end up accepted from waitlist??

Heyy just curious do you care to elaborate on your ties to the state/what you think made you a competitive OOS applicant for applicants years who view this thread?
Sure! My parents and brother live in Charleston and own a family real estate business. My brother also co-runs a local non-profit. I stressed my desire to move to SC to be near my family, who have strong community ties. I also emphasized how frequently I have visited/still visit Charleston to show that I'm familiar with the community I'd be moving to.
In terms of stats, my MCAT was 512, 3.6 GPA from an ivy league, postbac non traditional, and extensive clinical experience. Feel free to ask any other questions!!

Reactions: 1 users
based on old threads it doesn't seem like it's been consistent for how many are on WL and there doesnt seem to be much info about it :(

Don’t quote me on this, but I have seen in years past that 30-40 people are accepted off the waitlist of a 100. They will probably start calling people after May 1 because that is the plan to enroll deadline.

Last edited:
Anyone on here with an A know they are going to a different med school and withdrawing their app?? Curious for those of us waiting

Do they wait until the commitment day or do they start on the WL as soon as a spot opens up?

Anyone who is waitlisted receive an email to book an advising session for reapplication? Does that mean we are in an unlikely spot on the waitlist?

Anyone who is waitlisted receive an email to book an advising session for reapplication? Does that mean we are in an unlikely spot on the waitlist?
Yep I got one too. I have no idea what to make of it. I would like to see if this would help but I also don’t want them think that since I’m reapplying then they will just be less likely to accept me and wait for my application next cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep I got one too. I have no idea what to make of it. I would like to see if this would help but I also don’t want them think that since I’m reapplying then they will just be less likely to accept me and wait for my application next cycle.
Yeah I mean there was no option for anticipated Fall 2023. Lol but I think waitlist positions are already set in stone, and I’d rather talk to them sooner rather than later. My first question will be so should I not expect to get off of it, it would be nice if they were more clear with position on waitlist in the first place, and number on it….

Yeah I mean there was no option for anticipated Fall 2023. Lol but I think waitlist positions are already set in stone, and I’d rather talk to them sooner rather than later. My first question will be so should I not expect to get off of it, it would be nice if they were more clear with position on waitlist in the first place, and number on it….
I just booked a session with them as well. I don’t think it will be held against us as current applicants. I also wish schools were more transparent. This process is a crapshoot and we are just at the mercy of these schools lol.

I also got the same email.

im assuming that all of the waitlisted applicants probably got this email

Will calls possibly start today after yesterday's C2E opening?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users