2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now, ORM, LM 71, in state. Dates were 1/20 and 1/27.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the post-ii acceptance rate for CUSM is? Even a ballpark?

II just now! crazy how I submitted the secondary 6 days ago... turn around time is immaculate omg
IS ORM LizzyM 66 ... current earliest available dates were 1/20 and 1/27
I also got an II just now! Congrats! Submitted my secondary 8/16 lol LM is 70, ORM, IS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the post-ii acceptance rate for CUSM is? Even a ballpark?
I would also like to know... but I would imagine it is relatively high because they screen for secondaries and are a relatively new school so if applicants have other acceptances they will probably forgo this one

OOS ii tonight no ties, complete 8/16, ORM, LM score 71.1! Dates to schedule were in January

I would also like to know... but I would imagine it is relatively high because they screen for secondaries and are a relatively new school so if applicants have other acceptances they will probably forgo this one
Yeah also MSAR says there were about 500 IIs out of 3000+ IS apps and 126 matriculants. I assume they accept prob 2-3X matriculant number so id say IS acceptance is prob 50-80%

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah also MSAR says there were about 500 IIs out of 3000+ IS apps and 126 matriculants. I assume they accept prob 2-3X matriculant number so id say IS acceptance is prob 50-80%
100% agree. It’s definitely going to be greater than 2X matriculant number

Same issue as you! I just received an II as well.

Edit: Issue has been fixed! :)
I'm also having the same issue. Do you recall how long it took for the issue to fix? I'm a little concerned since they give us a 3-day deadline and I don't want to miss scheduling.

Does anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate?

IS II yesterday as well. I was initially unable to schedule my interview, though the system let me today. Earliest date was 2/10 lol

Secondary invite now 😂 but i submitted my primary in late August. This really is the waiting game

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have any order they follow to evaluate completed apps or give II? Completed secondary 9/25 so wondering if it's safe to assume no II :(

Just received a secondary. OOS no ties, sub 3.0 uGPA, 2 graduate degrees, 509 MCAT.

Does anyone know if they have any order they follow to evaluate completed apps or give II? Completed secondary 9/25 so wondering if it's safe to assume no II :(
I don't think they follow any specific order except for first come first served. Also it sounds like you only submitted your secondary 2-3 weeks ago, so just because you didn't receive a quick response doesn't mean you won't get an II :) I have classmates who didn't get IIs until much later in the cycle but they were still interviewed.

Also no matter when you interview you're always interviewing for an actual seat in the class, not a waitlist spot :thumbup:

Can anyone who has interviewed here share some experience? My interview is in 2 weeks and my first one so I would love to hear some more about it! Thanks :))

Can anyone who has interviewed here share some experience? My interview is in 2 weeks and my first one so I would love to hear some more about it! Thanks :))
Just interviewed and my interviewer was so nice it was just a conversation and they made me feel really comfortable just how by kind they were. I think it depends on who interviews u tho

Just interviewed and my interviewer was so nice it was just a conversation and they made me feel really comfortable just how by kind they were. I think it depends on who interviews u tho
Do you mind if I DM you? I have some more questions! Thanks :)

Invited to apply just now 10/17!!!! complete 7/21 feeling really good about this one!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed on 10/14 and it was a very relaxed process! They have a lot of great resources and an emphasis on teamwork and community. It is a new school so there is a lot of room for growth with regard to student interest groups and other opportunities. The students were very nice and seem to enjoy the school. My interviewer was very chill and the interview was conversational. We spent about 50-50 asking each other questions. My advice for the interview is kind of cliche but it'll help you. Know the mission, curriculum (it is rather unique), why you want to be a doctor, emphasize teamwork, and speak on some specifics about the interest groups that mirror your prior experiences. With all that being said, I am worried about the research opportunities since they do not have a research institute of their own.

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have, just PM me!

I don't think they follow any specific order except for first come first served. Also it sounds like you only submitted your secondary 2-3 weeks ago, so just because you didn't receive a quick response doesn't mean you won't get an II :) I have classmates who didn't get IIs until much later in the cycle but they were still interviewed.

Also no matter when you interview you're always interviewing for an actual seat in the class, not a waitlist spot :thumbup:

Ah thank you so much for the reassurance!! It really helped a lot and just got an II today!! :')

• Care
Ah thank you so much for the reassurance!! It really helped a lot and just got an II today!! :')
Happy to offer some reassurance and congrats on your II!! It's a huge accomplishment and you earned it!

• Care
Interviewed on 10/14 and it was a very relaxed process! They have a lot of great resources and an emphasis on teamwork and community. It is a new school so there is a lot of room for growth with regard to student interest groups and other opportunities. The students were very nice and seem to enjoy the school. My interviewer was very chill and the interview was conversational. We spent about 50-50 asking each other questions. My advice for the interview is kind of cliche but it'll help you. Know the mission, curriculum (it is rather unique), why you want to be a doctor, emphasize teamwork, and speak on some specifics about the interest groups that mirror your prior experiences. With all that being said, I am worried about the research opportunities since they do not have a research institute of their own.

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have, just PM me!
It's true that we don't have a dedicated research institute but there are still tons of opportunities for research! The vast majority of our faculty are very eager to take on students for their new or ongoing projects, and during my student summer research program I was given a list of over 80 projects that faculty were looking for students to help with. We also host biannual research symposiums, we have a wet lab on the third floor, and ARMC is right across the street which serves as another solid source for research opportunities :)

It's true that we don't have a dedicated research institute but there are still tons of opportunities for research! The vast majority of our faculty are very eager to take on students for their new or ongoing projects, and during my student summer research program I was given a list of over 80 projects that faculty were looking for students to help with. We also host biannual research symposiums, we have a wet lab on the third floor, and ARMC is right across the street which serves as another solid source for research opportunities :)
This is great information, thank you for letting me know!

For everyone that has interviewed already, did you guys receive the interview details email a week before/or week of the interview?

The interview instruction email is in spam. However I can’t seem to open it cuz it’s encrypted. Anyone know how to fix this?

For everyone that has interviewed already, did you guys receive the interview details email a week before/or week of the interview?
Yes! Received interview details as well as a whole lot of other info a week before via email

The interview instruction email is in spam. However I can’t seem to open it cuz it’s encrypted. Anyone know how to fix this?
I didn’t have this problem, but if you have your host/moderator’s email (they should be the one who sent you the interview instructions) you can reach out to them. They’re super helpful and responsive!!

Good luck to those who are interviewing today! We got this : )

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does the school have opportunities to do msk research or some form of ortho research? @jboi2343

Does the school have opportunities to do msk research or some form of ortho research? @jboi2343
Yes there are definitely opportunities for msk and ortho research! The faculty who run our anatomy labs are excellent and in particular I'm sure Dr. Scali would love to do something specific for msk/ortho if you presented an idea to him. I'd just keep in mind that many of our faculty are busy juggling several responsibilities and projects so it's on the student to be proactive and to keep the progress of the project moving.

Are pple getting emails from the school telling them to apply even if they already did lol

OOS II today :oops: shook but v grateful/honored they saw anything in me honestly! Complete a few a days ago :)