2022-2023 Nevada, Reno

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s the 21st somewhere… that’s how timezones work right?
I think I remember hearing about some legislation that makes it work that way, so it's at least true in America... I think... 😅😂🧐

Members don't see this ad :)
All jokes aside, good luck to everyone. I know I’m not going to be a first round draft pic, but I’m hopeful!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m Hopeful as well, only thing getting my through this process😂
Best of luck to you as well!
All jokes aside, good luck to everyone. I know I’m not going to be a first round draft pic, but I’m hopeful!

Hey give yourself some credit - that WARS score is no joke, and four interviews is no small feat. Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Hey give yourself some credit - that WARS score is no joke, and four interviews is no small feat. Best of luck to everyone
You’ll love this, I had every pre-med nightmare happen to one of those interviews…. I totally forgot to account for the school being in a different time zone and missed half of it… and because I was at work I was the guy that did the interview in scrubs…. I had planned to take the rest of the day off and change but obviously that didn’t work out. So ya, double check those time zones…. And it wasn’t either of the Nevada schools thank god.

• Wow
You’ll love this, I had every pre-med nightmare happen to one of those interviews…. I totally forgot to account for the school being in a different time zone and missed half of it… and because I was at work I was the guy that did the interview in scrubs…. I had planned to take the rest of the day off and change but obviously that didn’t work out. So ya, double check those time zones…. And it wasn’t either of the Nevada schools thank god.
Wow, I've legitimately I had this nightmare. That sounds brutal. Best of luck with the rest of your interviews; I'm sure you'll land somewhere.

I thought it was the 21st but logistically to me it makes more sense for it to be the 23rd. It would seem strange to me to have a list of students to be accepted already made and then wait a weekend to call… but this is just me spitballing here…
Are decisions released today 11/21 or Wednesday 11/23?

From the applicant portal:

November-March: Application decisions released at 5pm on:

• November 21st
  • December 20th
  • January 20th
  • February 21st
  • March 20th

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought UNR only communicated through email, wow congratulations on the call!

post-secondary R, OOS from western region state

• Care
Well it’s 5pm and I haven’t heard anything
I also heard nothing, but this early in the cycle, no news is good news.

I’ve been following UNR admissions for a couple years through friends and some instagram stalking, and many of their top applicants have gotten in on the December/Christmas release. There’s probably still many interviewed apps that haven’t been looked at. Enjoy your Thanksgivings!

I’ll see you all again next month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I also heard nothing, but this early in the cycle, no news is good news.

I’ve been following UNR admissions for a a couple years through friends and some instagram stalking, and many of their top applicants have gotten in on the December/Christmas release. There’s probably still many interviewed apps that haven’t been looked at. Enjoy your Thanksgivings!

I’ll see you all again next month.
Thanks for the info! I feel better 😂
Happy thanksgiving! See you in a month!

Got an R yesterday. It was a long shot for me due to a low science GPA. IS. I got in to another school though, so I'll still be a Dr! Good luck to anyone still waiting for an A! or anyone just waiting. :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got an R yesterday. It was a long shot for me due to a low science GPA. IS. I got in to another school though, so I'll still be a Dr! Good luck to anyone still waiting for an A! or anyone just waiting. :)
Hey that’s what’s up! Congrats future Dr!!

Hello all!

Just wanted to come on here and say *CONGRATS* to those who received an A and wanted to respond to those who got an R. I went through this crazy cycle of medical school admissions a couple of years ago and remember the rigor of trying to get in/how difficult it was to get accepted to some schools. Although you may feel disappointed, I hope you get back up on your feet and continue to work hard towards becoming a physician who will have the ability to change lives.

As far as feedback goes, the UNR Med Admissions team will likely send an email in the future regarding opportunities to hear about ways to strengthen your application/interview.

Best of luck to you all, I am rooting for you!

-UNR Med Admissions Rep

I received the A today! Weight completely off my shoulders. Feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm more than willing to share my history, stats, and application completion dates if you'd like to know

Reactions: 4 users
Who has been accepted and lives in Reno? It would be cool to meet up and start building out cohorts culture.

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything? It’s past 5 now.
When did everyone interview?
My interview was the week of September 21.
Today was the first interaction I had with the school since then.
11-ish am call with lovely Tamara (DOA). She was very kind. We chatted for about 15 minutes.
4-ish pm email with future instructions.

So they doing calls on specific days/dates? I’m over here stressing as this is one of my only iis so hoping for good news T.T