2021-2022 Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup! So keep in mind everyone hears your answers and sometimes you go first, other times you don't. It is closed file. They did ask a lot about our applications and typical scenario questions. Someone PMd me asking if there was one-on-one time with interviewers and I just want to let everyone else know that may be curious that there isn't any one-on-one time, sadly. @Ellesandra319
@nanoreeflover can add, but we started out at a group of ~12 for the 10 minute presentation, then broke out into groups of 3 interviewees, where we chatted for another 10 minutes or so. After that, 2 interviewees joined us and asked questions for about 2.5 hours. They would ask a question, then call on individual interviewees to answer. They took turns picking one of the three of us to go first. At the end, we had the opportunity to add anything that we wanted them to know and ask any questions we had.
thank you guys so much for he feedback. did you use the Ponce PR SDN Interview Page to prepare/did you feel it was helpful? any major/odd ball questions you'd want to share?

Members don't see this ad.

thank you guys so much for he feedback. did you use the Ponce PR SDN Interview Page to prepare/did you feel it was helpful? any major/odd ball questions you'd want to share?
I looked at the interview page to prepare for questions that may come up, though I don’t remember any from the interview that were actually asked. If you prep for all of your basic questions you should be able to adapt those answers pretty well to their questions, I think.

Reactions: 1 user
I looked at the interview page to prepare for questions that may come up, though I don’t remember any from the interview that were actually asked. If you prep for all of your basic questions you should be able to adapt those answers pretty well to their questions, I think.
Good point! There were definitely no odd ball questions. I think preparing for standard interview questions will prepare you well for what they ask & most importantly be yourself :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, Does Ponce send rejections post interview or only acceptances and waitlists? Thanks!

Can someone who has interviewed share their experience with the group interview please?
@nanoreeflover can add, but we started out at a group of ~12 for the 10 minute presentation, then broke out into groups of 3 interviewees, where we chatted for another 10 minutes or so. After that, 2 interviewees joined us and asked questions for about 2.5 hours. They would ask a question, then call on individual interviewees to answer. They took turns picking one of the three of us to go first. At the end, we had the opportunity to add anything that we wanted them to know and ask any questions we had.
There has been discussion regarding the group interviews for the STL campus on page 3 of this thread. Good luck to you!

Hello all, Does Ponce send rejections post interview or only acceptances and waitlists? Thanks!

I have not heard anything about Ponce PR or St. Louis campuses only giving acceptances or waitlists after an interview.

I feel like the St Louis campus should have its own thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know who we ask to make that happen? I don't want to be the person that makes the thread lol
Hahah I am not sure how to start one and don’t really want to make it either lol but if the person who made this one sees this can you help us out??

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted to the main campus recently. Is anyone else in a similar situation as me? I am trying to decide between Ponce, UCC, and SJB at this point as I have been accepted by all of them.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted to the main campus recently. Is anyone else in a similar situation as me? I am trying to decide between Ponce, UCC, and SJB at this point as I have been accepted by all of them.
Congratulations on your acceptances!! That’s awesome. May I ask when you interviewed with Ponce? If you’ve been accepted by all them I would look into their match rates, special programs, affiliated hospitals (in case you want to do rotations in the states), teaching methods. I know Ponce in St Louis said they have a flipped classroom teaching style. I’m not sure if the main campus in PR is the same but I would look into all of that and make a decision based on which one resonates more with your goals, how you’ll be learning, and where you want to see yourself geographically throughout those 4 years.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your acceptances!! That’s awesome. May I ask when you interviewed with Ponce? I’ve you’ve been accepted by all them I would look into their match rates, special programs, affiliated hospitals (in case you wan to do rotations in the states), teaching methods. I know Ponce in St Louis said they have a flipped classroom teaching style. I’m not sure if the main campus in PR is the same but I would look into all of that and make a decision based on which one resonates more with your goals, how you’ll be learning, and where you want to see geographically throughout those 4 years.
I interviewed with Ponce quite some time ago. I almost assumed they had forgotten about me by now. I interviewed in October.

Does anyone know how the facilities are at Ponce? I was under the impression that they would be doing renovations or adding new buildings there but I haven't been able to find any further information.

Silence for me since my interview in January. I did get an email from admissions that they are behind due to COVID

Silence for me since my interview in January. I did get an email from admissions that they are behind due to COVID
When did you the email ?
Do you think is more spots available at this time ? Thanks

I guess is no more spots for this year!!! 3 interviews and never hear back from them!!!
Time to apply again!

Interviewed Jan 27, 2022. Received email at the end of March 2022 that they were behind due to COVID. 😭

Interviewed Jan 27, 2022. Accepted today for main campus

Reactions: 4 users
For any accepted students taking a required course over the summer before orientation begins, do you know what the minimum grade needed is?

hey guys, i'm a current applicant for this year. applying to st louis. how does secondary apps work? I never got anything after submitting amcas and today I got an email saying to submit secondary on portal. Secondary asks if I am a visiting or international student and then its just basic biographical info. I'm not sure if that's the correct secondary??