2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the acceptance letter it gives instructions to send official transcripts and where to mail it. Do we have to send the transcripts by mail?

Also we are required to send official transcripts to accepted schools even if the ones on AMCAS were official and we had already graduated, right? Any help would be appreciated as I'm a little confused!
Most schools will allow official electronic transcripts so check to make sure they accept them. And yes, you have to resend them even though you already did through AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else just get a background check email? I'm trying to figure out if it is for this school or another one... For background information, I was accepted in November.

Did anyone else just get a background check email? I'm trying to figure out if it is for this school or another one... For background information, I was accepted in November.
If it's CertiPhi (check spelling) then I think it's through AMCAS and will go to any school you're accepted at

Members don't see this ad :)
"Thank you for visiting campus for interview" message disappeared. Interviewed late Nov/early Dec. Based on previous posts, decisions will be released this upcoming Monday, I believe.

"Thank you for visiting campus for interview" message disappeared. Interviewed late Nov/early Dec. Based on previous posts, decisions will be released this upcoming Monday, I believe.
Think MLK on Monday will cause any delays?

Hey guys! Just got my A!!! I'm so excited to get in!

Reactions: 4 users
Alternate List. Interviewed late Nov/early Dec. OOS. LM 69-70.

Not surprised but damn these WLs are brutal

Didn't get an email or anything yet. Just checked my portal after seeing @whitemouse post

• Care
People who previously interviewed...do you know who your interviewers are prior to the interview day?

Hmm, I also interviewed Late Nov/Early Dec and did not receive any sort of decision this week. Through email or on my portal. It still says my application is being reviewed by the committee. I don't like this lol

II received for the Global Arrupe Scholars program

Reactions: 1 users
Are they still giving out interviews? Applied to the Phx campus in August but haven't heard anything since

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted in to the Omaha campus, but due to family reasons/health, I may want to switch to the Phoenix campus in order to be closer to home? If this is allowed, what is the best way to go about this? Emailing admissions?

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted in to the Omaha campus, but due to family reasons/health, I may want to switch to the Phoenix campus in order to be closer to home? If this is allowed, what is the best way to go about this? Emailing admissions?
I will admit I don't know what the best way to proceed is but I assume it's emailing admissions? But just wanted to let you know that at my interview recently they did mention that they had almost filled the Phoenix campus and were expecting to by the next round of decisions, so I would email sooner rather than later. They did mention that as people accept or decline their spot in the Phoenix class then people who have been accepted to Omaha but preferenced Phoenix will be switched to Phoenix.

I will admit I don't know what the best way to proceed is but I assume it's emailing admissions? But just wanted to let you know that at my interview recently they did mention that they had almost filled the Phoenix campus and were expecting to by the next round of decisions, so I would email sooner rather than later. They did mention that as people accept or decline their spot in the Phoenix class then people who have been accepted to Omaha but preferenced Phoenix will be switched to Phoenix.
When I got accepted in November or December (can't remember the month), I emailed them to switch my campus from Omaha to Phoenix, and they happily did so. Hopefully should not be a problem for you either!

Has anyone gotten in after doing their masters of medical sciences degree at Creighton?

Alternate List. Interviewed late Nov/early Dec. OOS. LM 69-70.

Not surprised but damn these WLs are brutal

Didn't get an email or anything yet. Just checked my portal after seeing @whitemouse post
Just curious, was there a message saying you had a status update in your portal? Or where did it have your update?

Just curious, was there a message saying you had a status update in your portal? Or where did it have your update?
right after logging in, there's an exclamation point in a red box with the message: "A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps" which has a link to my status change message. It's right in the middle of the page can't miss it.

I also got an email yesterday with the official notification of my status change (Alt. list)

Any updates on the date for second look in Omaha?

When people uploaded an update is there a confirmation email or anything?

What are your thoughts on sending a LOI along with the updates, post interview but pre decision?

Is anyone else having difficulty uploading update materials on the portal? I interviewed at Creighton last week and want to include some updates regarding activities and a letter of intent before my application goes for final review. I have uploaded my documents but haven't gotten any verification on my portal.

What are your thoughts on sending a LOI along with the updates, post interview but pre decision?
Im uploading an LOI with my updates. Post-interview but pre-decision, I'd say go for it!

When people uploaded an update is there a confirmation email or anything?
I didn't get any confirmation when I uploaded an update and LOI. You're supposed to see a last uploaded date on your portal in the Updates section and I don't even see that. So I'm not sure if my documents got uploaded, I sent admissions an email. Waiting for a response.

Is anyone else having difficulty uploading update materials on the portal? I interviewed at Creighton last week and want to include some updates regarding activities and a letter of intent before my application goes for final review. I have uploaded my documents but haven't gotten any verification on my portal.
Originally, I didn’t see the green update but I switched browsers and waited an hour and it showed up!

Just curious, would you all consider Creighton a low-tier or mid-tier school? It is hard to gauge its standing amongst others since it does not participate in the US News rankings...

Originally, I didn’t see the green update but I switched browsers and waited an hour and it showed up!
Really? It's been like seven hours and I see nothing. Where did you see the green update?

Hm strange. Under each category that I submitted an update, it has the date and time of submission in green. I think sending an email to confirm was the right move in your case!

Do y'all know the differences of clinical rotations (M3/M4 year) between the Phoenix and Omaha campus? I selected Phoenix but now am doubting my decision. My main worry is that the clinical rotations will be more intense in Phoenix as they are less established than in Omaha.

Just checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?

Just checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?
Just RSVP for it anyways and show up like a chad

I didn't get any confirmation when I uploaded an update and LOI. You're supposed to see a last uploaded date on your portal in the Updates section and I don't even see that. So I'm not sure if my documents got uploaded, I sent admissions an email. Waiting for a response.
For anyone struggling with uploading update materials, try converting your word document to a PDF. It worked for me and I got a confirmation within 2 minutes.

Where in your portal do you see this?

Can I asked what week you interviewed? I was told I'd be reviewed those days too so very curious

II received for the Global Arrupe Scholars program
When did you apply for this program? I ask bc I’m still writing my statements and waiting to here back from a Jan interview. Curious about the turnaround rate.

Does anyone have any idea about when Creighton will send financial aid packages to admitted students? CUSOM is my top choice out of 6 other acceptances, but the $96000/year COA is simply brutal :arghh:

• Care
Does anyone have any idea about when Creighton will send financial aid packages to admitted students? CUSOM is my top choice out of 6 other acceptances, but the $96000/year COA is simply brutal :arghh:
I feel the same. Also, do we need to fill out FAFSA before being eligible for any non-need (ex: merit) based aid?

II just now. LM 77, OOS. Dates available next week and the following. Just out of curiosity, at this point will the date you interview really impact admissions decisions or will those who interview in the next two weeks be more than likely reviewed at the same time?

Last edited:
II this morning, OOS LM 70, ORM, complete mid-August!

Do y'all know the differences of clinical rotations (M3/M4 year) between the Phoenix and Omaha campus? I selected Phoenix but now am doubting my decision. My main worry is that the clinical rotations will be more intense in Phoenix as they are less established than in Omaha.
They told me they try to keep it as similar as possible between the two campuses. Interviewed with an M3 at the phx campus and it seemed like he really liked it. I think the patient populations will be pretty different but overall similar with the large safety net hospitals at both.

A today in the portal! No email and as of yet, no call.

EDIT: got the email a few hours later! Also for anyone who is using Chrome, their portal (even for acceptances etc) doesn't work on Chrome lol

Last edited: