2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everybody. Congratulations to those who have been accepted or invited for an interview. I'm an M1 at Netter and just wanted to offer to answer any questions you guys might have!
Hey! Thank you for being here/helping to answer our questions. I guess to start us off,
1) What do you feel are the pros/cons of Netter? Similarly, what factors led to your choice in choosing Netter?
2) What attributes do you feel Netter is looking for when making their class?
3) For those without an interview(including myself), who do I need to bribe to get an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I completed the II back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems

So I completed the II back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems

same same, complete mid aug but haven’t heard back. still waiting on over twenty schools and rapidly losing hope :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I completed the secondary back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, but I grew up in CT. has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools it seems
same same, complete mid aug but haven’t heard back. still waiting on over twenty schools and rapidly losing hope :/
same here! Many schools haven't given even a considerate update email that things are still processing. At least a few schools (MCW, Maryland, Penn State) either gave me pre interview status or a monthly update email. All the stress

Last edited:

same here! Many schools haven't given even a considerate update email that things are still processing. At least a few schools (MCW, Maryland, Penn State) either gave me pre interview status or a monthly update email. All the stress

Same!! Barely any communication after secondary completion for me too, besides a couple holds and a couple pre-ii Rs. Very unsure what to make of this :(

Reactions: 3 users
Hey! Thank you for being here/helping to answer our questions. I guess to start us off,
1) What do you feel are the pros/cons of Netter? Similarly, what factors led to your choice in choosing Netter?
2) What attributes do you feel Netter is looking for when making their class?
3) For those without an interview(including myself), who do I need to bribe to get an interview?

Haven't seen this answered yet, so I'll go ahead and share my perspective (another M1).

1) Pros: good community, I've made great bonds with my classmates despite the hindrances of virtual learning/the pandemic and I don't sense any gunner-y type people in our class of 95, everyone helps each other out. I feel that our school is first-gen and non-trad friendly too. Faculty are approachable and serve as great mentors. Upperclassmen always seem to be eager to help us with any questions (inviting alumni who are residents to speak about how to succeed, a google doc of all the research programs they applied to, organizing review sessions before each block exam). Another pro is the development of patient interviewing and clinical schools early on...we were practicing with standardized patients by week 2. The school is also service-oriented and we partner with a lot of public schools and community organizations for volunteering.

Cons: it's still a newer school, so it's reputation still isn't as known nationally. We aren't an academic medical center so we have to be more proactive with networking and research. I don't think financial aid is the best.

Choosing Netter: Even though Netter's a newer school, we've had some graduating classes so far and the match lists for residency are fantastic. Many matches in California (i'm from california) and competitive programs in the country. I clicked with my faculty interviewer and my fellow interviewees. I've talked to current students in different years and they love Netter. A semester in, I'm now one of those students.

2) Not in admissions, so my thoughts are just assumptions. They want people who will fit their mission of developing physicians who serve their community. So they want a class of students who demonstrate service in unique ways. That can be through volunteering, research, advocacy, and other life experiences.

3) Haha, I know it's tough right now still waiting on interviews and/or acceptances. I didn't get half of my interviews (Netter included) until January/February, so hang in there! I think what helped me was sending Netter a letter of interest/update letter around this time. Don't make it seem like you used a general letter and changed the school name; be specific about what draws you to Netter and emphasize why you'd be a good fit at their school.

Happy to elaborate what I've discussed and answer any more questions. rooting for y'all!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi all- I am seriously panicking... pls offer insight if any of you have some: so I submitted this app 09/07 and sent in all my LORs around that time as well.

**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**

2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.

anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?
(if u can’t tell, I’m particularly anxious today)

TYIA! <3

Hi all- I am seriously panicking... pls offer insight if any of you have some: so I submitted this app 09/07 and sent in all my LORs around that time as well.

**1) I never got an app complete email? Did anyone else? (Only an app submitted email)**

2) I just double checked a bit ago and it says my LORs were received 12/15 WTF?!! I 100% submitted these through AMCAS back in sept if not August.

anyways.. I’m pretty much panicking that they never received a complete app for me? This was literally the first app I submitted so I am going to cry for a full 24 hours straight if it doesnt even count AND I wasted the money??? Like if that’s the case can I get a refund?

TYIA! <3
1) Don't panic! There was no app complete email
2) Lots of people have weird late dates for this, not sure what's going on regarding that but you are not alone.
3) Don't panic :) As long as you have a green check mark next to "App complete" when you go to your status tab, you're good!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
1) Don't panic! There was no app complete email
2) Lots of people have weird late dates for this, not sure what's going on regarding that but you are not alone.
3) Don't panic :) As long as you have a green check mark next to "App complete" when you go to your status tab, you're good!
First- tysm for you quick and calming reply !
Just to clarify, I am not alone on the late/inaccurate LORs? Other people have weird late dates for the LOR submission too?
I’m seriously freaking out about this part bc I am 110% certain I did not submit any letters on 12/15 lol ugh. Plus, if they actually received my letters on 12/15 then that means I wouldn’t have been complete until then either 😩 which essentially feels like a wasted app.
i just don’t know why those dates are so off, I’ve been searching for proof of lor submission date but can’t find anyway to see/do this through AMCAS.

ty again for your response! I appreciate u, friend :)

TYIA! <3
I echo all the good words above.
also, it doesn’t hurt to shoot the admissions office an email explaining the situation and asking for some clarification. They like to see interest from applicants

I echo all the good words above.
also, it doesn’t hurt to shoot the admissions office an email explaining the situation and asking for some clarification. They like to see interest from applicants
Ok thank you, I will give that a try! I appreciate it!

First- tysm for you quick and calming reply !
Just to clarify, I am not alone on the late/inaccurate LORs? Other people have weird late dates for the LOR submission too?
I’m seriously freaking out about this part bc I am 110% certain I did not submit any letters on 12/15 lol ugh. Plus, if they actually received my letters on 12/15 then that means I wouldn’t have been complete until then either 😩 which essentially feels like a wasted app.
i just don’t know why those dates are so off, I’ve been searching for proof of lor submission date but can’t find anyway to see/do this through AMCAS.

ty again for your response! I appreciate u, friend :)
If you edited anything on AMCAS, the date gets updated on some secondary apps. It’s a common thing! Don’t worry

If you edited anything on AMCAS, the date gets updated on some secondary apps. It’s a common thing! Don’t worry
Ty!!!! That makes me feel a lot better :,) I did update something that day but I knew it had nothing to do with quinnipiac! Praying that is the case, I appreciate you & your reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of the accepted students been able to access the Facebook page yet? The link they provided in the acceptance packet is still not working for me.

Have any of the accepted students been able to access the Facebook page yet? The link they provided in the acceptance packet is still not working for me.
It might not be live yet. I believe they indicate in the acceptance packet that it should be up sometime in mid-Jan

Accepted! Got the email around 2:30p Eastern, interviewed 12/2.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
For anyone curious, I've spoken with admissions and learned the following:

- They are about a month behind the usual schedule for application review (due primarily to applicants' difficulties scheduling the MCAT)
- Interviews will go well into March
- Interview invites go out basically at random (not on a schedule) as each one gets final review by the Associate Dean of Admissions before they send the invite, so it's whenever he has the time to review
- They were unable to share how many spots in the class have been filled or how many more interview days are remaining (because that is open-ended at the moment)

Cheers, and good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
got an email from them today basically saying be patient and that they are still reviewing people

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
For anyone curious, I've spoken with admissions and learned the following:

- They are about a month behind the usual schedule for application review (due primarily to applicants' difficulties scheduling the MCAT)
- Interviews will go well into March
- Interview invites go out basically at random (not on a schedule) as each one gets final review by the Associate Dean of Admissions before they send the invite, so it's whenever he has the time to review
- They were unable to share how many spots in the class have been filled or how many more interview days are remaining (because that is open-ended at the moment)

Cheers, and good luck to all!

Just got the email!!! Are you psychic?!!

• Love
I just got the email and from the wording of it, I definitely thought it was a rejection email at first but I'm glad it's not lol

Reactions: 12 users
I just got the email and from the wording of it, I definitely thought it was a rejection email at first but I'm glad it's not lol
for real. i almost just stopped reading after I saw it began with so much thanks to me

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Same lol I saw the email and thought here we go another R

Reactions: 6 users
Hmm not sure because my last name is within the top 3 letters
i was also complete mid sep and seem to be on of the first ones to get it. so who knows what the order is

I got my email at 9:13am PST and I was complete mid-September, but I'm sure there's no rhyme or reason for how they're sending this email out, just like anything else throughout this process. So there's really no point in trying to figure out a pattern

just wondering if I should update the school about a submission of a presentation to the ACSM Annual conference.

Finally got the email lol

Reactions: 2 users
My first thought when I read the update email today: "This is the longest rejection email I have gotten yet"

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
just wondering if I should update the school about a submission of a presentation to the ACSM Annual conference.
I think it's worth updating them on that. It seems like it's a significant opportunity that few have available to them so it'll help you stand out.

Any idea if they're accepting additional letters of rec? MSAR lists 4 minimum, 4 maximum letters... but their update email said to send additional letters of rec via amcas?