2019-2020 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if this school is still interviewing? Very confused that I didn’t get the pre ii R yesterday
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the Netter scholarship! Covers 50% of tuition. I didn’t apply to scholarships so I’m not sure if this is a need based grant that was given or not.

Nonetheless super excited and greatful

That's awesome! Still waiting to hear from them regarding scholarships. Out of curiosity, when were you accepted and what's your rough ballpark stats? Also, how were you notified?

That's awesome! Still waiting to hear from them regarding scholarships. Out of curiosity, when were you accepted and what's your rough ballpark stats? Also, how were you notified?

I interviewed late Novemeber and was accepted that same week. I was notified about the scholarship through email.

LM 72

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed late Novemeber and was accepted that same week. I was notified about the scholarship through email.

LM 72

Thanks! One more follow-up question, when did you submit FAFSA?

Does anyone know if this school is still interviewing? Very confused that I didn’t get the pre ii R yesterday
Today was the last interview

• Sad
Just received the Netter scholarship! Covers 50% of tuition. I didn’t apply to scholarships so I’m not sure if this is a need based grant that was given or not.

Nonetheless super excited and greatful

Congrats on the scholarship! Were you given a deadline to accept it, and does accepting the scholarship commit you to enroll here?

Picture1.png
Picture12png.png

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 3/15 and WL just now.

also waitlisted just now, i noticed in previous threads for this school that there was a trend of different wording in some waitlist emails regarding “aamc traffic” or something. anyone gotten this email for the waitlist?

also waitlisted just now, i noticed in previous threads for this school that there was a trend of different wording in some waitlist emails regarding “aamc traffic” or something. anyone gotten this email for the waitlist?
There was nothing in my email about AAMC traffic rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back about non-need based financial aid yet?

Haven't heard anything from financial aid yet, need or merit. Accepted in October, submitted FAFSA in December, added some schools in early March, not sure if that moved me back or not.

Haven't heard anything from financial aid yet, need or merit. Accepted in October, submitted FAFSA in December, added some schools in early March, not sure if that moved me back or not.
Awesome, glad to hear it’s not just me! Also accepted in October and did my FAFSA right when it opened in October, so I don’t think adding schools delayed you. I’m guessing the financial aid office is just closed right now due to the pandemic.

Wow, the match list is lit. I love this school. Can’t wait to start!

Any word on when financial aid comes out, or is it rolling? I know scholarships are sometime around the 4/15?

Does anyone know if 3rd year clerkships are mostly in the inpatient or outpatient setting? If so, what's the proportion? The information on the school website is somewhat lacking in detail.

Does anyone know what the waitlist movement here is like?

Reactions: 3 users
How long does it take to receive finaid package?

Haven't heard anything yet (accepted in October and filed FAFSA in December). I believe they said mid-April to expect things though.

For those who didn’t see the email (and for students applying next cycle who look back at this thread), financial aid packages and scholarship decisions are scheduled to go out the third week in April

What email? When was it sent?
I believe it was sent on March 26th. It was an email to accepted students giving them an update on matriculation, QStart, financial aid, and this year’s match results. If you’ve been accepted and didn’t get it, it might be in your spam folder

Does anyone know how giving Quinnipiac is with financial aid?

I tried searching past year’s forums but didn’t find much. My EFC is 0 for reference.

Congrats on the scholarship! Were you given a deadline to accept it, and does accepting the scholarship commit you to enroll here?
Sorry I’m answering so late but I think they gave me a week or so to accept and no it doesn’t commit me to accept

Does anyone know how giving Quinnipiac is with financial aid?

I tried searching past year’s forums but didn’t find much. My EFC is 0 for reference.

No clue, also waiting to see. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they got around half-tuition though.

No clue, also waiting to see. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they got around half-tuition though.
Hi, that was me lol.

It was a scholarship that they automaticIy considered everyone for Im pretty sure since I didn’t apply for any of their scholarships at the point that I received it

It is absolutely intolerable for this school to have left people who applied in July without an update. Does anyone know if they are still giving out IIs? Unlikely but cruel to leave students hanging.

Withdrawing; good luck everyone!

Just heard that step 1 is taken after year 2. I thought it was taken at the second semester of year 2 for most schools. Can someone pls explain

I’m pretty sure it’s taken after year 2 at most schools. You have to pass it before you can start your clerkships. Some schools have it after 3rd year. A few schools also have it mid-way through second year.

I got my financial aid award letter through the QU email!

I got my financial aid award letter through the QU email!

Same here. They were pleased to offer me federal student loans...

Edit: Withdrew. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just saw my aid award and will be withdrawing. Hopefully some waitlist movement starts soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users