2019-2020 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My guess is they send out acceptances and rejections in batches together so it wouldnt be far off to say that someone somewhere got an R at the same time that they sent the most recent II.
Yea. tbh i await the R. Love this school alot but the fact i havent heard yet/oos/end of cycle/im male in a class of 2/3 female means my chances are pretty shot

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea. tbh i await the R. Love this school alot but the fact i havent heard yet/oos/end of cycle/im male in a class of 2/3 female means my chances are pretty shot

I noticed the ratio as well. I wonder if anyone can chime in on why thats the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you get to new haven/ north haven? Thinking about flying in to Newark then taking the train?

How do you get to new haven? Thinking about flying in to Newark then taking the train?

Depends where you are coming from, I would look at Tweed (unlikely its really small), Bradley (BDL) or JFK before Newark.

How do you get to new haven/ north haven? Thinking about flying in to Newark then taking the train?

Tweed is the New Haven airport, so it's the most convenient. However, it only has one terminal and American Airlines only flies through it.
I'd say the next closest airport is BDL in Hartford. From there you can Uber/Lyft or take the CT Rail (train) to New Haven.

New York has the bigger airports with more and (in my experience) cheaper flights. From New York you can take the train to New Haven, either by Amtrak or Metro North

Thanks for the response. Why?

Because those airports are all closer than Newark. I live in the area and have done the train to Newark thing, its quite the haul. If you can get into Bradley thats a home run.

Edit : Also LGA closer than Newark as well, or Westchester (I think)

so I have heard nothing since July. Pretty sure that I don't have a shot at an interview at this point, but was wondering if there have been rejections pre-II recently?
Not to get your hopes up, but I just got my II a couple days ago after not hearing a single thing since being complete 7/29. I saw plenty of February dates left. LM 69, OOS.

Reactions: 14 users
The NYC area airports plus rental car was the route I went. It was cheaper overall and provided the flexibility to explore the surrounding areas. Stop by for some pizza in New Haven if you get the chance! Sally’s was a nice reprieve before the long haul back to the west coast.

Thank you for sharing your update! Gets my hopes up, for better or for worse. And big congratulations!
Not to get your hopes up, but I just got my II a couple days ago after not hearing a single thing since being complete 7/29. I saw plenty of February dates left. LM 69, OOS.

Any recent decisions? As far as I know, the ADCOM meets Tuesday / Thurs, and there have been a lot of Weds/Fri decisions posted

Members don't see this ad :)
First acceptance this morning!!
Interviewed 1/27

Reactions: 10 users
II just now (complete early July, this is the first I've heard since then). Looks like 4 dates are left in late February and early March.

Anybody know how many seats are remaining?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just now (complete early July, this is the first I've heard since then). Looks like 4 dates are left in late February and early March.

I don't think it matters. There have been a lot of acceptances on this thread and they have not slowed down. While it is just an opinion, I believe they will outright accept people from the last interview day vs waitlisting everyone.

I just looked back at last year's thread, and people were getting waitlisted without any posted acceptances for February interviews. Their emails stated: “I can share with you that because of changes this year to the traffic rules of the AAMC, we have chosen to be conservative in our initial distribution of offers of admission. " Waitlist movement seemed to begin in May.

I don't think it matters. There have been a lot of acceptances on this thread and they have not slowed down. While it is just an opinion, I believe they will outright accept people from the last interview day vs waitlisting everyone.

I just looked back at last year's thread, and people were getting waitlisted without any posted acceptances for February interviews. Their emails stated: “I can share with you that because of changes this year to the traffic rules of the AAMC, we have chosen to be conservative in our initial distribution of offers of admission. " Waitlist movement seemed to begin in May.
Good insight, thank you! I am holding a couple acceptances (super lucky) so I am just trying to avoid taking the day off and traveling if I'll be interviewing for the waitlist

Does anyone know if this time frame (hearing back within 2 weeks) is common for Quinnipiac?

It seems to have been pretty accurate throughout the cycle (with exceptions to early interviews prior to the October 15th acceptance date), but it could vary.

Same, lol. Forgot I even applied. just withdrew my invite. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
A !! Just a few minutes ago, interviewed last Monday.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Are IIs still going out? Does the school interview into March?

Reactions: 7 users
A !! Just a few minutes ago, interviewed last Monday.
Could you please share which interview dates are still available? And does anyone know if there's a certain trend of what days they interview on?

Could you please share which interview dates are still available? And does anyone know if there's a certain trend of what days they interview on?

when I scheduled it appeared to be Monday’s. I don’t know what’s available Right now because it was a few weeks ago that I scheduled

Also Pre-II R today, complete in July or August. Bummed day because I got a WL at a school I was really excited about. This process is so random.

• Sad
when I scheduled it appeared to be Monday’s. I don’t know what’s available Right now because it was a few weeks ago that I scheduled
After submitting the secondary, the confirmation email stated that an II can be extended anytime between July and March. I know of a few other MD schools that are also interviewing into March (some into April) so there's still hope.

No pre-II R for me so crossing my fingers for good news......

Reactions: 6 users
After submitting the secondary, the confirmation email stated that an II can be extended anytime between July and March. I know of a few other MD schools that are also interviewing into March (some into April) so there's still hope.

No pre-II R for me so crossing my fingers for good news......

+1 survived the R wave. Submitted early September.

Got that R today. Complete 7/21.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Can't believe I finally get to type this... A! Just now! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
FYI...from the AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair:

“To any current applicants, we are still in the process of extending interview invitations. Unless you hear otherwise, your application is still under consideration!”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 20 users
FYI...from the AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair:

“To any current applicants, we are still in the process of extending interview invitations. Unless you hear otherwise, your application is still under consideration!”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you so much for letting us know!

Reactions: 4 users
Have they sent out pre-II Rs?

OmG finally after all this time I get to say it: I am going to be a doctor. Got the sweet A this morning

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
OmG finally after all this time I get to say it: I am going to be a doctor. Got the sweet A this morning

CONGRATS WELL DESERVED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users