2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please share the link to the groupme with me? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
jokes aside I'm being kind of serious. I haven't heard anything post-secondary and I checked my portal and still saw nothing.
Looks like a bunch of us missed the first pre-II R wave.. but I fear the odds are not in our favor. 😵‍💫

Reactions: 1 user
Like I already know I'm gonna get the R just don't know when.

The moment I knew 100% that I’m getting an R is when I emailed them expressing interest and didn’t get an II like everyone else who did. Still waiting to be put out of my misery so I can start seriously prepping for my 3rd cycle. FML :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know the best email to send an interview thank you to? I know they said you could send it to just one person but I’m forgetting what the general one was.

(As for the Q above, at my interview in April it seemed like they were done giving out IIs and were hoping to wrap up within the next 2 weeks I think)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the best email to send an interview thank you to? I know they said you could send it to just one person but I’m forgetting what the general one was.

(As for the Q above, at my interview in April it seemed like they were done giving out IIs and were hoping to wrap up within the next 2 weeks I think)
It's the general Quinnipiac email ([email protected]) that they provide! I think their last date may be April 11th, but this is pure speculation based on this thread.

Last edited:
Was anyone else's interview with the faculty member mostly just you asking them questions? Not sure if this is a good or bad sign..

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone else's interview with the faculty member mostly just you asking them questions? Not sure if this is a good or bad sign..
They definitely asked questions but it was more interactive and free-flowing. There were specific questions my interviewers wanted answered but it was mostly conversational. I wouldn't read into it. You never know with these things.

I feel you. My interviewer at Netter was a faculty member who pretty much talked about himself for the entirety of my interview, saved around 5 minutes for me, but it was mostly me asking questions to keep the conversation going and to not make it awkward (filling silence gaps as much as possible). In the end, I was accepted, and overall I had a really great experience with this school. Don't let the interview bring you down, I am sure you did well, best of luck!

I feel you. My interviewer at Netter was a faculty member who pretty much talked about himself for the entirety of my interview, saved around 5 minutes for me, but it was mostly me asking questions to keep the conversation going and to not make it awkward (filling silence gaps as much as possible). In the end, I was accepted, and overall I had a really great experience with this school. Don't let the interview bring you down, I am sure you did well, best of luck!
Thank you so much!! Really needed this 😭

If there's a GroupMe can someone please share the link with me. Thank you!!

Withdrew my A! Best of luck to you all hopefully it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do they usually release decisions on a particular day?

I don't think there's a published rule, but I went back in the thread a few pages and found that most people posting about decisions posted on a Wednesday or Friday. There were some outliers, if I remember correctly, but it sounds like you're spending your week exactly as I am -- constantly refreshing 😅

I don't think there's a published rule, but I went back in the thread a few pages and found that most people posting about decisions posted on a Wednesday or Friday. There were some outliers, if I remember correctly, but it sounds like you're spending your week exactly as I am -- constantly refreshing 😅
When did you interview?

That makes sense because when I interviewed they told me the committee meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays 🧐

When did you interview?

April 6th

That makes sense because when I interviewed they told me the committee meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays 🧐

Ah, that does make sense then! Dr. Yeckel mentioned that we should hear back in "a week or two", and this week marks the second week. So.. fingers crossed that a wave of decisions comes out soon :)

April 6th

Ah, that does make sense then! Dr. Yeckel mentioned that we should hear back in "a week or two", and this week marks the second week. So.. fingers crossed that a wave of decisions comes out soon :)
I interviewed March 25 and still haven’t heard back 😩

I interviewed March 25 and still haven’t heard back 😩
Noo! That's so tough. I did read in the admissions policy handbook that all decisions are made by a majority vote (accept, deny, or waitlist), and if a consensus on the vote can't be reached during the meeting in which your file is presented, then it gets presented again in the future. Maybe that's the limbo you're stuck in?

All conjecture of course. Dr. Yeckel did tell our group to reach out to admissions if it's been 3+ weeks with no decision. It might be worth an email if you don't hear back this week?

Noo! That's so tough. I did read in the admissions policy handbook that all decisions are made by a majority vote (accept, deny, or waitlist), and if a consensus on the vote can't be reached during the meeting in which your file is presented, then it gets presented again in the future. Maybe that's the limbo you're stuck in?

All conjecture of course. Dr. Yeckel did tell our group to reach out to admissions if it's been 3+ weeks with no decision. It might be worth an email if you don't hear back this week?
I’m not sure if anyone from my date heard back or not, that’s the issue and I don’t want to push for a decision

I’m not sure if anyone from my date heard back or not, that’s the issue and I don’t want to push for a decision

Totally fair! Maybe they're gathering the applicants from the last few interview days and making decisions all at once? The last reported interview date was last week, I believe, so maybe it'll be one last big wave :)

Totally fair! Maybe they're gathering the applicants from the last few interview days and making decisions all at once? The last reported interview date was last week, I believe, so maybe it'll be one last big wave :)
That’s what I’m thinking! Dr. Yeckel was out of town for my date so we spoke with Mr. Cole and he told us we’d hear latest last week but it could have been a mistake and maybe they’d have one last release date for all of ys

That’s what I’m thinking! Dr. Yeckel was out of town for my date so we spoke with Mr. Cole and he told us we’d hear latest last week but it could have been a mistake and maybe they’d have one last release date for all of ys
Do we think there are seats left?

Ah, Dr. Yeckel is wonderful -- I hope you get a chance to meet him!

Do we think there are seats left?

The skeptic in me thinks that we might be interviewing for waitlist positions -- and Dr. Yeckel did admit that it is late in the cycle -- but he did also say that not all the acceptances have been awarded yet and the handbook mentions that their rolling admissions policies mean that applicants who interview later in the cycle have the same opportunity as those who interview earlier.

Fingers crossed for us :)

Reactions: 2 users
so is it safe to assume that they're done sending out IIs and the last pre-II R wave just hasn't hit yet?

Reactions: 2 users
so is it safe to assume that they're done sending out IIs and the last pre-II R wave just hasn't hit yet?
I think so. I believe someone said the last interview day was last week and the last II's went out a couple weeks before.

Drives me crazy that they won't just send the final R wave. I know it used to be very common for schools to ghost, but Quinnipiac is actually the only school I still haven't heard anything from. Ironic since it was actually the first school I was complete at lol.

I think so. I believe someone said the last interview day was last week and the last II's went out a couple weeks before.

Drives me crazy that they won't just send the final R wave. I know it used to be very common for schools to ghost, but Quinnipiac is actually the only school I still haven't heard anything from. Ironic since it was actually the first school I was complete at lol.
Ah I totally hear you, the silence is really frustrating. Quinnipiac is also the only school I haven't heard from. Thanks for the info!

Go outside and have fun! The email won't self-destruct if you're off having fun and you don't get extra points for torturing yourself, believe me I've tried
:bang:

Received a decision email this morning! Waitlisted -- frustrating, but not the worst place to be, I guess. Does anyone know/remember if they tell you your position on the waitlist?

Received a decision email this morning! Waitlisted -- frustrating, but not the worst place to be, I guess. Does anyone know/remember if they tell you your position on the waitlist?
Also waitlisted (since Nov/Dec), I feel you my friend. I recall Dean Yeckel saying that your position on the waitlist is ranked but I do not believe they disclose it to applicants, unfortunately.

When did you interview?