2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for this dumb question, but for those who accepted the A on the portal and placed a deposit, is this binding? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice on whether to send a letter of intent? This is my top school and I interviewed in December...should I wait it out a couple more weeks?

Any advice on whether to send a letter of intent? This is my top school and I interviewed in December...should I wait it out a couple more weeks?
I would go ahead and send it in, I sent in a letter of interest in December (I was interviewed in October) and I heard back shortly after

would quinnipiac be considered a low tier or mid tier program?

It's my impression that rankings are mostly based off of research related metrics.
So unless you're gunning for Top 15, for a research based medical career, anything above that is being arbitrarily ranked.

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an invitation to interview last week from here and was wondering if anyone had any advice.
I havent had an interview in awhile so i would appreciate any advice from anyone that has previously interviewed here

I just received an invitation to interview last week from here and was wondering if anyone had any advice.
I havent had an interview in awhile so i would appreciate any advice from anyone that has previously interviewed here

I interviewed and was accepted here, but as always this is just my experience; others might have different advice or not agree.

Tips:

• Like all interviews, be respectful, dress appropriately, manage your tech requirements, and do what you can to ensure your virtual experience is seamless.
  • Review your experiences from your application and secondary, they don't have access to grades or scores but will come with questions regarding what you wrote. Whether that's "Tell me about X" or "Y is interesting, what did it teach you", you don't want to be that person that doesn't know their own app.
  • Review basic med school interview questions, "Why medicine and not X", "Why us", etc. The bemo guide online is pretty nice IMO and should be enough.
  • Don't psyche yourself out, both of my interviews were extremely chill. Don't feel the urge to jump in with something in an effort to sell yourself, I'd personally treat it more as a respectful casual conversation. I can say that medicine was like 10% of what we talked about throughout both of mine lol.
  • Interviews are pretty short but I'd still prepare a couple of questions, sometimes questions will come just as a byproduct of your conversation but I'd still hang onto a couple of ones beforehand just in case.
  • Congrats on the interview invitation! Wishing you the absolute best and remember that interview means they see something in you, you 100% deserve to be there.

Reactions: 1 users
I was one of the individuals who received the Casper emails, so I’m unsure if my application was ever marked complete or not. No rejection received on my end yet. If my application was incomplete, should I have received an R by now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Silence since early august ahhh idek still good luck to everyone with upcoming Interviews!

I was one of the individuals who received the Casper emails, so I’m unsure if my application was ever marked complete or not. No rejection received on my end yet. If my application was incomplete, should I have received an R by now?
You should have received a completed application email.
The subject on mine was "Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine application complete".

I should mention that I was also in the Casper group.

my pre-II R finally came thru

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
II this morning 😭complete on 7/20 and got the casper email too so technically complete in november, sent an update letter a few weeks ago. it really isn't over until it's over!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an A via email! Interviewed 1/18

Reactions: 5 users
From the past history on this thread it would appear they aren’t going completely in chronological order of interview to release As or WLs

GUYS GUYS I WAS ACCEPTED! FIRST ACCEPTANCE OF THE CYCLE HOLY ****

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
Scholarship offer that puts me at a full ride. I’ve got family in New Haven, Mom\Dad\Brother in NYC just a short trip away, and my league of legends 5 man group lives in New Haven too. Feels good to be at this point.

Reactions: 9 users
I talked with one of my interviewers yesterday on Zoom about the school and got the acceptance the next day. He was such a chill guy I can't wait to meet him in person.
Woah nice! I'm guessing you had the interviewers email from the interview and reached out for another call?

• Care
Woah nice! I'm guessing you had the interviewers email from the interview and reached out for another call?
yeah in the interview me and the professor were laughing our asses off and chilling/talking about his work after talking about some of my work in hospice. he gave me his email afterward so three weeks later i emailed him and asked to speak to him more about the school. we spent an hour the day before my acceptance talking about the school.

yeah in the interview me and the professor were laughing our asses off and chilling/talking about his work after talking about some of my work in hospice. he gave me his email afterward so three weeks later i emailed him and asked to speak to him more about the school. we spent an hour the day before my acceptance talking about the school.
Very well done! And congratulations!

• Care
Late update: I received an A about 2 weeks ago (interviewed in October). I have declined the seat. My fingers are crossed for you all!!!! Sending love and luck (not that you all need it)!

• Love
Scholarship offer that puts me at a full ride. I’ve got family in New Haven, Mom\Dad\Brother in NYC just a short trip away, and my league of legends 5 man group lives in New Haven too. Feels good to be at this point.
Congrats! Do they email when they have a financial aid package for you?

congrats! how long after u submitted the deposit did you receive the aid? And did you already get a Quinnipiac email? I was accepted on 2/8 but only paid the deposit on 2/13.

congrats! how long after u submitted the deposit did you receive the aid? And did you already get a Quinnipiac email? I was accepted on 2/8 but only paid the deposit on 2/13.
I haven’t received a fin aid package. Just a letter stating I was selected by the committee to receive a scholarship. I paid my deposit the first day I had the A.

Almost March. Which means more January decisions :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
Good luck to all of you!

• Care
Any current QU students able to speak about their experience at the school? :)