2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @Peatal for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Quinnipiac Secondary Essay Prompts (substantially changed from least year)

1) If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year? (150 words)

2) What quality or attribute do you think is most important in being a physician? Please explain. (150 words)

3) Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician? (400 words)

4) Netter SOM is a diverse and inclusive student body. What do you feel that you will bring to enrich the incoming SOM class and community?
(200 words)

5) In your experience through the COVID-19 Pandemic, how do you see your role as a frontline provider in future public health emergencies?
(250 words)

6) Please address any withdrawals, repeated courses, leaves of absence or breaks in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application. (Optional) (250 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Quinnipiac University School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Reactions: 1 users
do you mind posting the prompts?
1) If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year?
Current Word Count: 0/150

2) What quality or attribute do you think is most important in being a physician? Please explain.

3) Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician? Current Word Count: 0/400

4) Netter SOM is a diverse and inclusive student body. What do you feel that you will bring to enrich the incoming SOM class and community?
Current Word Count: 0/200

5) In your experience through the COVID-19 Pandemic, how do you see your role as a frontline provider in future public health emergencies?
Current Word Count: 0/250

6) Please address any withdrawals, repeated courses, leaves of absence or breaks in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application. (Optional)

OOS, still awaiting secondary. Primary verified 6/22

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They would change pretty much their entire secondary. :cautious:

• Sad
1) If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year?

2) What quality or attribute do you think is most important in being a physician? Please explain.

3) Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician? Current Word Count: 0/400

Current Word Count: 0/200

6) Please address any withdrawals, repeated courses, leaves of absence or breaks in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application. (Optional)
@wysdoc

Good Morning! OOS secondary received 7/20. Verified on 7/15.

For the first essay question, it’s labeled as mandatory but addresses non traditional students. For the traditional students, what are you putting in this box?

does anyone know how they use casper here?? I'm wondering if ii will be given without since our secondary doesn't have casper on the checklist

does anyone know how they use casper here?? I'm wondering if ii will be given without since our secondary doesn't have casper on the checklist
I took Casper two weeks ago, so my score isn't in yet. Received secondary today (OOS)

Does anyone know why even though I entered my courses it won't mark as complete? I have more than the required courses and labs, could that be a reason why?

Does anyone know why even though I entered my courses it won't mark as complete? I have more than the required courses and labs, could that be a reason why?
You have to make sure that you have TWO labs for both biology and chemistry, so if your university only requires one lab for either/both of those classes you have to split up the course credits and enter them as two courses. That was at least my problem at first for why it was marked as incomplete.

You have to make sure that you have TWO labs for both biology and chemistry, so if your university only requires one lab for either/both of those classes you have to split up the course credits and enter them as two courses. That was at least my problem at first for why it was marked as incomplete.
thankssss

Is anyone having trouble with the demographics page? it says "incomplete". I have every box filled except middle initial and apartment #

Is anyone having trouble with the demographics page? it says "incomplete". I have every box filled except middle initial and apartment #

I had the same problem! It worked when I pressed 'save and continue' rather than just 'save page.'

3) Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician? (400 words)
Is this question asking about a challenge like adversity or an actual conflict between people, such as in a group setting?

for prerequisites if you guys had seperate biology/chemistry labs did you combine the credits and grade for the entries? I'm kinda confused

for prerequisites if you guys had seperate biology/chemistry labs did you combine the credits and grade for the entries? I'm kinda confused
No, if your lectures and labs were separate, you'd make 2 entries: one for the lab and one for the lecture.

Is this question asking about a challenge like adversity or an actual conflict between people, such as in a group setting?
My understanding is a conflict bewteen people, nothing in the prompt really suggest it should be a "challenge"

Last edited:
Anyone's letters marked as not received but in documents it has the packet listed?

Did anyone have trouble saving the courses section of the secondary? Mine has "the page is incomplete", but all my prerequisites are included.

WOW. I'm so stuck on Netter's secondary app. I don't know why but I find their questions so difficult to answer...

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone have trouble saving the courses section of the secondary? Mine has "the page is incomplete", but all my prerequisites are included.
Are you certain you have labs + lectures for all the subjects that require both?

Yeah its weird, I have everything in for my application but its been a week and I havent gotten the complete app email or notification.....

Yeah its weird, I have everything in for my application but its been a week and I havent gotten the complete app email or notification.....
did you check your spam? I found it in my spam folder and even checked the communication status a day after submitting when they started sending secondaries.