2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate at Quinnipiac is?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am already verified but is it too late to apply here do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know whether Quinnipiac releases all post-interview decisions at once or if it's rolling?

that's definitely what I thought. It would be crazy if they were already done. It just seems really quiet in this thread.
Ya it’s too quiet but we shouldn’t assume it’s the end lol. My guess is they stockpile a bunch of apps until a certain date and then go through all of them before handing out II

Reactions: 1 users
Current M1 here! To answer a few of the questions floating around here:

1. They send out interview invites until February/March at least, from what I know.

2. For those who submitted in July and are worried that they haven't heard back about interviews yet--I submitted my secondary in July last year, and interviewed early February this year. Don't worry yet!

3. Netter releases acceptance decisions on a rolling basis (not all at once).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

1. They send out interview invites until February/March at least, from what I know.

2. For those who submitted in July and are worried that they haven't heard back about interviews yet--I submitted my secondary in July last year, and interviewed early February this year. Don't worry yet!

Hi, if you have time I was wondering if you could answer a few other questions:

1. I know Netter isn't research heavy--however, is it relatively easy to get involved with research elsewhere? I am kind of apprehensive about this.
2. Where do students live?
3. What stands out most to you/why did you choose this school over others?
4. Is all learning in lecture? Or are there smaller group discussions too.

Thanks so much! Interviewing here soon and cannot wait to learn more!

Reactions: 1 users

1. I know Netter isn't research heavy--however, is it relatively easy to get involved with research elsewhere? I am kind of apprehensive about this.

A follow up question: I understand Netter is also implementing changes that make research more available to students. Have you seen this implemented yet?

Anyone have any information about interview day? Would love some insight on questions they may have asked and the timing of the interview :)

So I had my letters sent to all schools from AMCAS by end of June, submitted Quinnipiac secondary 7/25, but I noticed that they didn't receive my LORs until AUGUST 29. Anyone else experience such a big delay? Worried this will affect my chances now :(

So I had my letters sent to all schools from AMCAS by end of June, submitted Quinnipiac secondary 7/25, but I noticed that they didn't receive my LORs until AUGUST 29. Anyone else experience such a big delay? Worried this will affect my chances now :(
OMG I just checked my portal wondering the same thing and I submitted 7/28 but my letters weren't in until 9/24!!!!!! literally WHAT

Similar issue here. It says my references were received 01/01/1900..:eyebrow:

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Submitted 7/20.. LizzyM 73 IS, is it still early? Any thoughts?

Similar issue here. It says my references were received 01/01/1900..:eyebrow:
lmao that may be a good sign. I had the same thing happen for another school and I ended up getting an II at it so fingers crossed for you!

Just checked and it says they were received 8/16 after submitting my app early august so not too far off

lmao that may be a good sign. I had the same thing happen for another school and I ended up getting an II at it so fingers crossed for you!

Just checked and it says they were received 8/16 after submitting my app early august so not too far off

Guess we shall see. Netter gets so many apps o_O

Same here, I submitted 7/23 and I see my letters weren't received until 8/7, but I remember seeing my letters as received in the portal when I submitted the secondary so i'm not too worried.

Guess we shall see. Netter gets so many apps o_O
So according to msar, they got around 7k apps 2 cycles ago and the AAMC reports that they got around 7k last cycle so I think it's safe to say they're gonna hover around 7k (maybe less since there will be people who don't submit the secondary). I think our chances can't be that bad

So according to msar, they got around 7k apps 2 cycles ago and the AAMC reports that they got around 7k last cycle so I think it's safe to say they're gonna hover around 7k (maybe less since there will be people who don't submit the secondary). I think our chances can't be that bad

True that. It's just a bit daunting that their class size is <100

Is there anyone here that has interviewed here already and would be willing to answer some brief questions? Interviewing on 10/26

Submitted secondary 7/27, no word yet from Quinnipiac

What dates are available and which days of the week do they interview?

What dates are available and which days of the week do they interview?

dates are late October and early November. Looks like they do interviews only on Monday and Friday

Not to evoke any more neuroticism than is necessary, but last year Quinnipiac announced their first acceptances on the first Wednesday after October 15th. If they stay consistent, that's a week from today...

Complete mid-late July. Radio silence and at this point I would rather receive a rejection just so they could email me again lmao

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 7/22. IS. LizzyM 73, interviews from every other school in CT except QU. I think well see some movement after Oct 15th

M4 here.. Waiting on my own interviews to come through so I thought I would see how you all are doing. Happy to answer questions about Netter.

1. Super easy. Yale is right next door and opportunities abound.. You just have to do a little more leg work to get involved than say, Yale students themselves. Also, it is my understanding that Netter has a large research grant coming down the pipeline that will support much more internal research projects.
2. Some live around campus in various apartments. Many live in New Haven.
3. One thing that stood out to me was the community. Both faculty and students alike foster a very close, family-like community here and is makes for a great quality of life during med school.
4. Year 1 learning is all lecture. That being said lecture attendance is optional and many, myself included, choose to study independently and you are given ample time to do so (EDIT: there are also small group sessions that are mandatory, usually about 1-2 hours a day of this sort of thing, plus 3-4 hours a week for more clinical stuff, physical exam, interviewing, etc). Year two incorporates PBL (problem based learning) about two hours a day, three days a week. These sessions are mandatory and they are also a great learning experience and asset to the curriculum in my opinion.

All around, Netter is a fantastic school. We are matching to great programs and I expect this to continue for years to come. Copy me or PM me with questions; 4th year is a breeze and I have a lot of free time on my hands until my next rotation in late October.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
M4 here.. Waiting on my own interviews to come through so I thought I would see how you all are doing. Happy to answer questions about Netter.

1. Super easy. Yale is right next door and opportunities abound.. You just have to do a little more leg work to get involved than say, Yale students themselves. Also, it is my understanding that Netter has a large research grant coming down the pipeline that will support much more internal research projects.
2. Some live around campus in various apartments. Many live in New Haven.
3. One thing that stood out to me was the community. Both faculty and students alike foster a very close, family-like community here and is makes for a great quality of life during med school.
4. Year 1 learning is all lecture. That being said lecture attendance is optional and many, myself included, choose to study independently and you are given ample time to do so (EDIT: there are also small group sessions that are mandatory, usually about 1-2 hours a day of this sort of thing, plus 3-4 hours a week for more clinical stuff, physical exam, interviewing, etc). Year two incorporates PBL (problem based learning) about two hours a day, three days a week. These sessions are mandatory and they are also a great learning experience and asset to the curriculum in my opinion.

All around, Netter is a fantastic school. We are matching to great programs and I expect this to continue for years to come. Copy me or PM me with questions; 4th year is a breeze and I have a lot of free time on my hands until my next rotation in late October.

awesome! i look forward to interviewing and checking out the school early Nov

Anyone get admitted today yet?