2017-2018 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone recall any really tough interview questions they encountered? Interviewing here in a few days!

from my experience, not really... I had a faculty and a student interview, the faculty one was extremely conversational, I think we just talked about Why medicine and why netter and then the rest of the time talked about completely random stuff; the student interviewer asked me more typical interview questions but nothing way out there or unexpected... just know your story well and be confident, good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they're still interviewing/sending ii?

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a separate Finaid application or just FAFSA and the scholarships which were due today? When have they typically notified recipients of scholarships in the past? I wonder how many students apply for them...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a separate Finaid application or just FAFSA and the scholarships which were due today? When have they typically notified recipients of scholarships in the past? I wonder how many students apply for them...
There is not a separate application, just FAFSA. On the website, it says they will announce the winners "no later than April 15." Does anyone know if we can still turn in the scholarship essays today?

I thought deadline March 1st means today is the last day to turn them in so I assume yes

Waitlist just rolled in. I interviewed around two weeks ago.
Good luck to everyone else still in the running! It seemed like a great school and program.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted this morning! First acceptance of the cycle too :)
Interviewed february, Lizzy M = 70.20

Reactions: 7 users
Received my first acceptance this morning! Feels good after being placed on 6 waitlists

Reactions: 8 users
Do they still accept students into march? Interviewing soon but genuinely afraid of it being a waitlist spot :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Since we also had that group meeting with Yeckel at the end of the day, would it be appropriate to send him a thank you letter along with letters to the interviewers?

Do they still accept students into march? Interviewing soon but genuinely afraid of it being a waitlist spot :/

Yes they do! As I've said earlier, Netter doesn't interview just for waitlist spots.

Since we also had that group meeting with Yeckel at the end of the day, would it be appropriate to send him a thank you letter along with letters to the interviewers?

I wouldn't say it's necessary—just to the interviewers is fine.

Withdrawing my acceptance here. I really liked the school though, and I hope it goes to one of you guys!!

Here's to hoping that early March interviews will hear back in less than 4 weeks lol

Can a current student please share a sample schedule in your first and second year? How many days are lectures that can be watched from home and how many are mandatory on campus days? Thank you.

Can a current student please share a sample schedule in your first and second year? How many days are lectures that can be watched from home and how many are mandatory on campus days? Thank you.

In both first and second year, you'll have class from 8-12 Monday through Friday, plus some additional class on Thursday afternoon (at most from 1-5 pm) and MeSH one afternoon a week on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Classes are a mix of lectures (recorded and not mandatory, with some rare exceptions) and small-group events (mandatory). You will usually need to be on campus for at least one mandatory event every day; mandatory events can be at 8 am or 11 am, it really varies.

For those who have been accepted, did you get setup with the portal/email or receive an ID number to setup an account? I’m mostly trying to get to the financial aid portal so I make sure nothing is missing.

Any current students that would be willing to share this year's match list with us?

Netter School of Medicine Class of 2018 Match List (Second graduating class and 100% match second time in a row...so proud of them)

Edit: School of Medicine celebrates second straight perfect match | Quinnipiac Now (Scroll to bottom. Just found out after I typed all of this out!)

Anesthesiology
Stony Brook Teaching Hospital - New York
UC Davis Medical Center
University of Southern California
University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio
University of Virginia

Emergency Medicine

Icahn School of Medicine St. Luke's-Roosevelt
New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Stanford University
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Yale-New Haven Hospital

Dermatology

Family Medicine

Halifax Medical Center
Mercy Med Center
Natividad Medical Center
Navy Hospital - Jacksonville
Providence Hospital
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center
University of North Carolina Hospitals
Ventura County Medical Center**
West Suburban Medical Center

General Surgery

Baylor - Scott & White Medical Center (Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine)
Baystate Medical Center**
Morehouse School of Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
San Joaquin General Hospital
Tulane University School of Medicine
University of Connecticut School of Medicine**
University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals

Internal Medicine

Boston University Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine
Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles
Maine Medical Center
Massachusetts General Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center/Einstein
New York University School of Medicine
Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
St. Louis University School of Medicine
St. Vincent's Medical Center
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Yale-New Haven Hospital-Waterbury

Neurology

Westchester Medical Center - New York Medical College

Neurological Surgery

Obstetrics-Gynecology

George Washington University York Hospital
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Lankenau Medical Center
St. Francis Hospital
SUNY Upstate Medical Center
University of Maryland Medical Center
University of Virginia

Ophthalmology

Orthopedic Surgery

University of Las Vegas School of Medicine

Pathology

Beth Israel Deaconess Med Center

Pediatrics

St. Christopher's Hospital
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Jacobi Medical Center/Einstein

Pediatrics-Anesthesiology

Johns Hopkins Hospital

Psychiatry

Icahn School of Medicine Beth Israel
Medical University of South Carolina
Montefiore Med Center/Einstein School of Medicine

Radiology

UC Davis Medical Center
Mt. Auburn Hospital

Thoracic Surgery

Transitional Year

St. Vincent Hospital Center
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
St. Luke's University Hospital
Stony Brook Teaching Hospitals
Navy Medical Center Portsmouth

Urology

Columbia University Physicians & Surgeons
Scott & White Memorial Hospital

**=Indicates more than one student matched at this institution in this specialty

Last edited:
Netter School of Medicine Class of 2018 Match List (Second graduating class and 100% match second time in a row...so proud of them)

Anesthesiology
Stony Brook Teaching Hospital - New York
UC Davis Medical Center
University of Southern California
University of Virginia

Emergency Medicine

Icahn School of Medicine St. Luke's-Roosevelt
New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Stanford University
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Yale-New Haven Hospital

Dermatology

Family Medicine

Halifax Medical Center
Mercy Med Center
Natividad Medical Center
Navy Hospital - Jacksonville
Providence Hospital
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center
Ventura County Medical Center**
West Suburban Medical Center

General Surgery

Baylor - Scott & White Medical Center (Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine)
Baystate Medical Center**
Morehouse School of Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
San Joaquin General Hospital
Tulane University School of Medicine
University of Connecticut School of Medicine**

Internal Medicine

Boston University Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles
Maine Medical Center
Massachusetts General Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center/Einstein
New York University School of Medicine
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
St. Vincent's Medical Center
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Yale-New Haven Hospital-Waterbury

Neurology

Westchester Medical Center - New York Medical College

Neurological Surgery

Obstetrics-Gynecology

George Washington University York Hospital
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Lankenau Medical Center
St. Francis Hospital
SUNY Upstate Medical Center
University of Virginia

Ophthalmology

Orthopedic Surgery

University of Las Vegas School of Medicine

Pathology

Beth Israel Deaconess Med Center

Pediatrics

St. Christopher's Hospital
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Jacobi Medical Center/Einstein

Pediatrics-Anesthesiology

Johns Hopkins Hospital

Psychiatry

Icahn School of Medicine Beth Israel
Medical University of South Carolina
Montefiore Med Center/Einstein School of Medicine

Radiology

UC Davis Medical Center
Mt. Auburn Hospital

Thoracic Surgery

Transitional Year

St. Vincent Hospital Center
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
St. Luke's University Hospital
Stony Brook Teaching Hospitals
Navy Medical Center Portsmouth

Urology

Columbia University Physicians & Surgeons
Scott & White Memorial Hospital

**=Indicates more than one student matched at this institution in this specialty
Thanks for sharing. Really impressive!

When do y'all thing I should send an update if I'm on the WL? I was planning to do it soon as I have significant stuff to update on/was going to combine it with a letter of strong interest etc. but I don't know the best time to do it- idk if its too early right now or if I should wait until the beginning of April. I know it says they review after April 30th but in older threads some people get in earlier

In both first and second year, you'll have class from 8-12 Monday through Friday, plus some additional class on Thursday afternoon (at most from 1-5 pm) and MeSH one afternoon a week on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Classes are a mix of lectures (recorded and not mandatory, with some rare exceptions) and small-group events (mandatory). You will usually need to be on campus for at least one mandatory event every day; mandatory events can be at 8 am or 11 am, it really varies.
Thank you!

Wait list movement from last year's thread looked non-existent but Yeckel told our interview group that they expect more significant wait list movement this year!

Wait list movement from last year's thread looked non-existent but Yeckel told our interview group that they expect more significant wait list movement this year!

That's good I got waitlisted in December and saw last year they had basically none which was sad but hopefully it's true this year- I wonder if they interviewed the same amount as always or accepted the same percentage etc.? It seems they rejected a decent amount post interview too so I don't think they waitlist is too big

That's good I got waitlisted in December and saw last year they had basically none which was sad but hopefully it's true this year- I wonder if they interviewed the same amount as always or accepted the same percentage etc.? It seems they rejected a decent amount post interview too so I don't think they waitlist is too big
I wonder how their yield will fair. It seems as if they did accept a lot of people, and with their first match looking pretty successful, I would think their yield would be greater than in years past. But who knows. I’m an accepted student and I have not made my decision yet but I have gotten significant money elsewhere.

Just pure speculation but maybe they've attracted more superstar students that they anticipate may be accepted from wait lists or have multiple acceptances?

Just pure speculation but maybe they've attracted more superstar students that they anticipate may be accepted from wait lists or have multiple acceptances?

I think this as well, it seemed like everyone at my interview came from top schools and had very unique experiences and I wasn't an early interview day either. I'm from tail end of top 20 public schools and mine was the "worst" by far haha

I think this as well, it seemed like everyone at my interview came from top schools and had very unique experiences and I wasn't an early interview day either. I'm from tail end of top 20 public schools and mine was the "worst" by far haha
I interviewed on the first day and I'm from a small state school. School name only matters for schools like Brown who give preference to Ivy grads.

3/7 people from my interview day were from a Top 10. I went to a small state school no one has heard of and was accepted. If they do review us in batches, which I'm sure they do, it appears then that school name probably doesn't matter toooo much here. But once again, who knows.

Since the waitlist is ranked, is there no point in sending updates or letter of intent?

Since the waitlist is ranked, is there no point in sending updates or letter of intent?

I sent an update with significant stuff but idk when they "rank" the waitlist like if you send an update now maybe it'll be before they rank it? I always thought they rank waitlists sometime in April and rank wasn't set in stone post decision unless you interview extremely late or something but I know nothing haha

Sadly there's seems to be slim to no chance of direct acceptances in March based on last two year's threads(no posts of acceptances). I interviewed 3/2 and trying to brace myself to expect the worst. Rly liked my interview day here tho but I guess this is the reality of being one of the last interview groups lol.

Anyone know the new MCAT/GPA medians for Netter? My MSAR sub just ran out but I’m going here in August

They won't know the median for the incoming class until classes start as people will be withdrawing.