2017-2018 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Is the class completely filled...are they sending out any more interviews? I've heard nothing from this school :(

Is the class completely filled...are they sending out any more interviews? I've heard nothing from this school :(
I certainly hope the class isn’t filled as I’m interviewing here very soon

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from a current student that they got more applications this year than ever before and are still slowly working through apps that have been complete since the summer. I also heard that last year they were still filling their class even into March. That being said I haven't heard anything either, but I think there is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from a current student that they got more applications this year than ever before and are still slowly working through apps that have been complete since the summer. I also heard that last year they were still filling their class even into March. That being said I haven't heard anything either, but I think there is still hope!

If they got the most apps ever this year that must be like 8,000+ or so because last year (per their website) they had the lowest applications out of the past 3 years, so I'm not sure if the class will be filled by March or so if they have a lot more people applying this year etc.....someone said before they accept 2/3 outright, but they interviewed early in the cycle. I'm not sure if QU continues with that ratio the whole time or changes it around as they get further into the year, none of the staff mentioned that number at my interview in early december so who knows!

Got the R today. Complete in July
I'm sorry :( Hope the rest of your cycle is going well!

I have not heard a peep from this place since July . . . waiting for the R.

Does anyone know how much of the class is full? I just went through this thread and I don't think I've ever seen this many acceptances by a school (especially for one with a small class size!). Additionally, it seems as if there were about 20 acceptances reported, and less than 5 total Post-II rejections/WL. I'm concerned that by this point I'm just interviewing for the waitlist :/ Especially since I saw no dates past January.
Once they rejected me post II, I didn't post my rejection, I just wrote this thread off in my mind forever, which I imagine many others did as well. Speaking of, WHY AM I ON HERE RIGHT NOW?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! OOS Lizzy M 68. 1 date available in late Jan and 2 dates in early Feb.

Side note: I have noooo idea if this had any bearing on my II, but I recently emailed every school I have not heard from yet regarding a status update. This was about a week ago, and I received 2 interview invites from schools that I emailed within a few days of my emails. Again, I have no clue if this helped or made a difference, but from my understanding the more persistent and interested you are in the school the better it looks! I've also heard from advisers that email correspondence is better than phone calls, because many schools will include any written correspondence in your overall file, so it can't hurt to have a few emails checking in every so often as it shows continued interest! Just some advice! Again, it's a long cycle so don't give up everyone believe it or not it's still early!!!

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning! OOS Lizzy M 68. 1 date available in late Jan and 2 dates in early Feb.

Side note: I have noooo idea if this had any bearing on my II, but I recently emailed every school I have not heard from yet regarding a status update. This was about a week ago, and I received 2 interview invites from schools that I emailed within a few days of my emails. Again, I have no clue if this helped or made a difference, but from my understanding the more persistent and interested you are in the school the better it looks! I've also heard from advisers that email correspondence is better than phone calls, because many schools will include any written correspondence in your overall file, so it can't hurt to have a few emails checking in every so often as it shows continued interest! Just some advice! Again, it's a long cycle so don't give up everyone believe it or not it's still early!!!
Congrats? Do you mind sharing your MCAT with me?

Rejected today, complete in July. Good luck to all still in the running!

Rejected as well! Kind of forgot that I applied here haha

Also accepted this morning! Interviewed at one of the earlier January dates. =)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where they list their immunization requirements/if there is a specific form we need to have our PCP fill out?

Does anyone know where they list their immunization requirements/if there is a specific form we need to have our PCP fill out?

They have an immunization and physical form in their acceptance packet

II this morning. Very unexpected as it's quite late in the process. Complete in late-July. Dates open in mid-late February.

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here. I absolutely loved my interview day here and loved this school. For anyone interviewing soon, my best advice: be yourself, as everyone at Netter is so friendly and kind!

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning as well, complete in July.
Still unsure if I am going to accept, but super happy about the invite!

Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday! Trying to decide if I can afford a last-minute plane ticket or if I should defer this one. Finances :(

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when mid-January interviewees will hear back?

Can any current students provide any insight on student life?

Can any current students provide any insight on student life?
Not sure as to what specifically you are asking in terms of student life but I'll do my best. :)

Most students live in either New Haven or one of the surrounding towns (Hamden, North Haven or Wallingford). When we aren't studying/post exam most people hangout somewhere in New Haven which has a lot of good bars and restaurants. You can get to NYC in <2hrs with a direct MetroNorth train from New Haven and drive to Boston in <2hrs as well which some of us have done on the weekends. Connecticut also has a lot of good places for hiking, in particular it's nice having Sleeping Giant near the undergrad campus to explore and get some fresh air once in a while.

Not sure as to what specifically you are asking in terms of student life but I'll do my best. :)

Most students live in either New Haven or one of the surrounding towns (Hamden, North Haven or Wallingford). When we aren't studying/post exam most people hangout somewhere in New Haven which has a lot of good bars and restaurants. You can get to NYC in <2hrs with a direct MetroNorth train from New Haven and drive to Boston in <2hrs as well which some of us have done on the weekends. Connecticut also has a lot of good places for hiking, in particular it's nice having Sleeping Giant near the undergrad campus to explore and get some fresh air once in a while.
That was exactly what I was looking for! Are most first years in the 22-25 y.o. range or older? Just trying to gauge how well I may fit in :)

That was exactly what I was looking for! Are most first years in the 22-25 y.o. range or older? Just trying to gauge how well I may fit in :)
Average age for my year (class of 2021) was 25 with the range being 20 to I think mid 30s. Everyone is very friendly and I don't feel like there are different groups or cliques based on age.

Average age for Class of 2020 is also 25. Overall I definitely agree with @doctorleospaceman as to student life and in terms of the class dynamic. Each class has a range of personalities and there definitely isn't age-based separation.