2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, OOS, LizzyM 71-72

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How were you informed of the II? Email, phone call, etc. ?

Looks like they send interview invites in ~1 week intervals so next batch will probably receive them next week

Reactions: 1 user
How did you know you were under review? email? or just the green check mark on the secondary saying app is ready?

For the extracurricular activity question, does it have to be a current one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid question but, is research considered an extracurricular?

Is the challenge essay appropriate for the "something else not in your application" prompt? It's really the only one that isn't mentioned anywhere. I already talked about the gist of my diversity essay in the EC essay and i talked about my hobbies on the primary. Idk what else to include tbh.

Is the challenge essay appropriate for the "something else not in your application" prompt? It's really the only one that isn't mentioned anywhere. I already talked about the gist of my diversity essay in the EC essay and i talked about my hobbies on the primary. Idk what else to include tbh.

I certainly think that would fit the prompt. I would have used my challenge/overcoming adversity essay except there was zero chance of me being able to condense it to under 150 words and still make the story cogent.

I talked about adversity and got II, so I think it's best if you go over your primary and secondary to see if there is anything you want to highlight

Is it still worth sending in the secondary if it's been over a month? I know they recommended 2 weeks on their email..

Was there a status in between "Your application is ready!" and the II?

Is it still worth sending in the secondary if it's been over a month? I know they recommended 2 weeks on their email..

You will never get an acceptance if you don't turn in the secondary application. If you have the money and time then I'd say go ahead and send in the application

II today! Is quinnipiac a mid-tier school?

Anyone complete on 7/20 or after receive an interview?

Rising M2 at Netter, just adding myself to this thread. If anyone has any questions about the application process or Netter in general let me know and best of luck!

Hi! Thank you for answering questions about Netter! I prefer to work in diverse communities with people from different ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic status, preferably underserved populations (regardless of whether it's ethnic minorities or individuals in rural areas or both). Do you all get a variety of patients like this at Hamden? Or does it depend on the practice that you work in during the M1 year or the hospital you do your rounds in?

can anyone who already got interviewed give mind sharing their experiences?

Reactions: 1 users
Did yall ever get a complete email?
I emailed admissions asking about this bc I only received a “submitted” email, and they told me that was normal, they don’t send an automated “complete” email.

II email this morning! OOS

Just got an interview invite!

I know there isn't a host program but does anyone know current students that would be willing to house a interviewee? I am on an extremely low budget and I'm flying from CA.

Hi! Thank you for answering questions about Netter! I prefer to work in diverse communities with people from different ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic status, preferably underserved populations (regardless of whether it's ethnic minorities or individuals in rural areas or both). Do you all get a variety of patients like this at Hamden? Or does it depend on the practice that you work in during the M1 year or the hospital you do your rounds in?

For the MeSH program you can indicate a preference for working with underserved populations (and you will typically be in one of the cities like New Haven, Bridgeport or Hartford). As far as 3rd year rotations go, the main affiliated hospitals are in cities with diverse populations but the outpatient rotations can vary (rural, city or not-very-diverse suburbs).