2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted primary today and received secondary a few hours later!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we seriously have to input our classes AGAIN on this secondary? Isn't this what the primary is for?

I guess it could be worse. Their essays are fun.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we seriously have to input our classes AGAIN on this secondary? Isn't this what the primary is for?

I guess it could be worse. Their essays are fun.

90 spots and 8000 applicants is also so brutal lol. Makes me feel applying is a waste.

Reactions: 1 user
90 spots and 8000 applicants is also so brutal lol. Makes me feel applying is a waste.
Oh wow didn’t even realize it was that small of a class. It’s probably gonna be more than 8000 this year
Well someone has to be one of those 90-100 (my class is 96). Also think ~100 is the average class size isnt it outside of the NYMCs and Drexels? Then there is also waitlist movement!

Submitted!
Good luck!

I checked my status on the secondary website, but it seems my LOR still aren't in. All the other schools I submitted already have my letters. Is this normal?

I checked my status on the secondary website, but it seems my LOR still aren't in. All the other schools I submitted already have my letters. Is this normal?
This happened to me too.....would love to hear what to do..

did everyone just use "please tell us something about yourself that is not captured in your application" as a diversity prompt? I've been struggling with what to write for my diversity prompt, but right now my top contender is something that is already mentioned in my EC so I don't even really think it would work here...wondering if anyone wrote about anything else?

did everyone just use "please tell us something about yourself that is not captured in your application" as a diversity prompt? I've been struggling with what to write for my diversity prompt, but right now my top contender is something that is already mentioned in my EC so I don't even really think it would work here...wondering if anyone wrote about anything else?
My diversity essay, unfortunately, includes my favorite extracurricular (other essay prompt), so I did not use my diversity essay here. I talked about my family, how my upbringing was unique and influenced me, and how I utilize the lessons learned in my daily life.

Members don't see this ad :)
When inputting pre-req courses, should I choose the classes I did the best in? For example, I took multiple biology classes and did better in the upper level classes than intro bio. Can I enter the upper level classes for the bio requirement? or does it really not matter lol

Does anyone know if research is looked upon favorably here? I wrote about it briefly in one of the secondary prompts, as research is a huge part of my application, but looking at the website it seems that Netter's emphasis is on clinical teaching/experience.

When inputting pre-req courses, should I choose the classes I did the best in? For example, I took multiple biology classes and did better in the upper level classes than intro bio. Can I enter the upper level classes for the bio requirement? or does it really not matter lol

I don't think it matters, since they aren't asking for grades. Pretty sure they are just checking to see if pre-reqs are met.

@doctorleospaceman

Does my GPA remove me from the applicant pool here? 3.3 with a 525
Amazing MCAT! If the rest of your application is up to snuff, I doubt it. I would expect a question about that discrepancy though at an interview.

Does anyone know if research is looked upon favorably here? I wrote about it briefly in one of the secondary prompts, as research is a huge part of my application, but looking at the website it seems that Netter's emphasis is on clinical teaching/experience.

If research is your passion, then go for it. No way it'll be viewed negatively. A lot of my classmates are into research.

Application now complete. Didn't get an e-mail tho. I had to check the secondary portal.

Can Q3 extracurricular activity be my hobby?

Silly question, but distinction between parent's occupation and job title on demographics page?

Say a parent is unemployed - would I put the industry they have previously worked in as "occupation" and "currently unemployed" for "job title"? Otherwise, what would the difference be between "occupation" and "job title"?

Thanks in advance!

Quick question:

I am just realizing that biochemistry is a requirement at quinnipiac. Before I continue I am aware that I should have been more viglent in researching the requirements and that these are basic requirements for the school.

That being said. I graduated close to a year ago. I am non-trad. And have a strong GPA in my science classes. While in school I was able to audit biochemistry for financial and scheduling reasons but I did not get credit for being in the class. Is there anyway I can get around the biochemistry requirement in order to submit the application. I am willing to take the course if necessary. My main concern right now is being able to submit the secondary. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Quick question:

I am just realizing that biochemistry is a requirement at quinnipiac. Before I continue I am aware that I should have been more viglent in researching the requirements and that these are basic requirements for the school.

That being said. I graduated close to a year ago. I am non-trad. And have a strong GPA in my science classes. While in school I was able to audit biochemistry for financial and scheduling reasons but I did not get credit for being in the class. Is there anyway I can get around the biochemistry requirement in order to submit the application. I am willing to take the course if necessary. My main concern right now is being able to submit the secondary. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Does an audited class appear on your transcript? If so you might be okay! Either way, planning on taking it before matriculation (and letting them know) will cover it for sure.

Does anyone know how strict the 2 week secondary turnaround time is? Like is it a waste to apply if this 2 week window has passed?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how strict the 2 week secondary turnaround time is? Like is it a waste to apply if this 2 week window has passed?
Did they say they wanted it back in 2 weeks? If so, I feel like I missed this part

my state school gives 5 days lol
Oh crap. I guess I should actually be reading the welcome pages on these secondary portals lol. Do you know if any other schools that have a strict turnaround date?

Us
Oh crap. I guess I should actually be reading the welcome pages on these secondary portals lol. Do you know if any other schools that have a strict turnaround date?
usually if they do, they bold the strict date and or put it in red, if not usually it's just a recommendation.

Us

usually if they do, they bold the strict date and or put it in red, if not usually it's just a recommendation.
True. Now I’m just worried that I glazed over that too. That sounds like something I would do

True. Now I’m just worried that I glazed over that too. That sounds like something I would do
Both University of Arizona schools have a 21 days(T) and 30 days(P) turn-around request.
Quinnipiac, WVU, and, UCR, Oakland have 2 weeks turn around.
That is all I know for my school list

Both University of Arizona schools have a 21 days(T) and 30 days(P) turn-around request.
Quinnipiac, WVU, and, UCR, Oakland have 2 weeks turn around.
That is all I know for my school list
Oh crap I had no idea Oakland/Quinnipiac do. Is it a hard 2 weeks?

Oh crap I had no idea Oakland/Quinnipiac do. Is it a hard 2 weeks?
Per their secondary email: "The deadline for secondary application submission is 11:59 pm (EST) on December 15, 2018, however it is recommended that you complete the secondary application within two weeks of receipt of this offer as interviews are extended on a rolling basis."

I don't think they've sent any out yet. I bet there will be some sent either this Friday or Monday.

So nervous!! This is my top choice! Does anyone know how they go about sending interviews? Do they send the first batch to those who applied earliest or not necessarily?

So nervous!! This is my top choice! Does anyone know how they go about sending interviews? Do they send the first batch to those who applied earliest or not necessarily?
Not necessarily. Overall interviews are sent out based on who applied earlier, but it's possible to not get called for an interview at first look but called on a second (a type of hold if you will).

Do you not receive completion email from this school?
I didn't receive any complete email, but when I check the application portal, it says my application is ready with a green check mark.

Do you not receive completion email from this school?
I didn't receive any complete email, but when I check the application portal, it says my application is ready with a green check mark.

I also didn't receive a complete email, but I did get an email confirming that I had submitted my secondary app.

is anyone else having trouble with the course input? I do meet the requirements but it's saying I haven't and won't let me submit...

When are they sending out interview invites? :boom::annoyed:

Reactions: 2 users