2018-2019 Carle-Illinois College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! From the October showcase. Can I get an invite to the accepted students fb page?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone still not heard anything regarding their status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I’m in this boat too.

This is my dream school. I’ve turned into one of those internet dwellers checking their email every 20 minutes.

Haha literally just saw your post on reddit! Hoping for good news for all of us soon though :)

Reactions: 1 user
For those recently accepted or before, how long until you get an onboarding email after accepting the offer? Does the onboarding email include instructions for the deposit?

I guess not hearing back from them today can only mean one thing.... :(:(

I was accepted on Thursday night (3/14) :)
I wanted to let people know that the acceptance offer came with a 72-hour deadline to confirm the acceptance/hold your spot (or withdraw), which makes me think that they might be waiting to send out the rest of the decisions until this time window has passed. If accepted people withdraw, there could be more acceptances coming next week in addition to waitlists/rejections!

Sorry that this wait has been so stressful :( - rooting for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get the email for second look?

Does anyone know if there's dedicated step 1 study time in the curriculum? I was looking through showcase materials and I can't seem to find any time set apart for it.

Does anyone know if there's dedicated step 1 study time in the curriculum? I was looking through showcase materials and I can't seem to find any time set apart for it.
4 weeks, plus 2 week winter break immediately before.

Could I also get an invite to the facebook group? Also, is there any word on student hosts or anything of that sort for second look weekend?

Is there an accepted student facebook group already?

what is the dresscode for second look? looks like first night is cocktail reception so semi-formal and the next day maybe business-casual or just interview attire?

Could I also get a link to the accepted fb page? Just got in on Thursday!

Any recent movement on the waitlist? Is it safe to assume that they arent offering more acceptances?

Any recent movement on the waitlist? Is it safe to assume that they arent offering more acceptances?

You know what they say about assuming...

All jokes aside, I was accepted off of the waitlist yesterday so there is still movement.

I totally wouldn't assume that. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any movement between now and June.

Gave up my spot today, so best of luck to you guys who are on the waitlist!

Was accepted recently. When do they send out financial aid/scholarships information?

I just received an email from the financial aid office that I was accepted and that I need to submit my fafsa, but no email from the admissions committee. Is this a fluke or will the official email follow soon?

edit: just called the financial aid office and this was an error :(

Last edited:
  • Angry
I just received an email from the financial aid office that I was accepted and that I need to submit my fafsa, but no email from the admissions committee. Is this a fluke or will the official email follow soon?

edit: just called the financial aid office and this was an error :(
yup, same thing happened to me