2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still waiting for a secondary from this school. Is anyone else still waiting as well? Not sure if I should send them an email/ or call them?
sighhhhh

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Thanks to whoever canceled their interview this weekend. Anyone interview here? How was it?

Reactions: 5 users
II! Thanks to whoever canceled their interview this weekend. Anyone interview here? How was it?

They told you someone canceled?? :eek:
And congrats! what dates are left?

Gonna start praying that more folks cancel/decline their II....

I am still waiting for a secondary from this school. Is anyone else still waiting as well? Not sure if I should send them an email/ or call them?
sighhhhh

Same. I called last week and no one answered. Left a voicemail but no response.

II earlier today! Only date left was February 3rd. Complete end of September.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who interviewed here already tell me what the interview day is like? Is it strictly mmi or a mix of mmi and traditional?

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who interviewed here already tell me what the interview day is like? Is it strictly mmi or a mix of mmi and traditional?
I'd be interested as well, I think it is a mix based on my brief research though.

MMI + 10 min casual 1 on 1 with your first MMI station moderator

Over the f*cking moon right now! Just got II for February 3rd, 2018. They said they make decisions once in January and once another time but I couldn't focus on the call once I heard "schedule an interview" omggggggggg.

Reactions: 7 users
Over the f*cking moon right now! Just got II for February 3rd, 2018. They said they make decisions once in January and once another time but I couldn't focus on the call once I heard "schedule an interview" omggggggggg.

Congrats! See you there!!

I JUST RECEIVED THE II CALL TOO! I was shaking the entire phone call!!! CONGRATS and see you on the 3rd!!

I am in the same boat, Feb 3rd. Does anyone know when we hear back? Congrats for us!

Congrats to you as well! He told me that they decide at the end of January and again at the end of February:happy:

+1. Not even receiving a secondary feels bad. :(
Do we know what kind of pre-screening they do? this is one of the only schools I did not have a secondary invite for....(applied to +40 schools)

I sent in an update about the various projects I began at work and received an interview 3 weeks later. Not sure if it really made a difference.
Did they respond? I sent one too, without response. Some schools respond with a 'thank you' or 'we don't accept updates' which I think may be better than no response at all :)

Do we know what kind of pre-screening they do? this is one of the only schools I did not have a secondary invite for....(applied to +40 schools)

From my understanding it is a very mission based school, so I would say that is what they look at the most when screening applicants.

Did they respond? I sent one too, without response. Some schools respond with a 'thank you' or 'we don't accept updates' which I think may be better than no response at all :)

First I emailed them and asked if the school accepts updates. I was told yes, and then replied to that same email with my update and asked if It was possible to receive an email confirmation that it has been added to my file and they replied the next day confirming that it was added to my file.

So are there only 4 interview opportunities? Sep, nov, dec, and feb (I didn’t see anything for January)?

So are there only 4 interview opportunities? Sep, nov, dec, and feb (I didn’t see anything for January)?

My interview date is in January. They told me they don't have an interview date in December.

Pre-secondary rejection today lmao. Kinda figured since I submitted the primary in July. OOS, LM 69. This school was kind of a shot in the dark for me but just letting you guys know who maybe haven’t received a secondary :)

Well I'm still waiting to here back since being complete early September... I guess they did not like my answers on my secondary :shrug:

Well I'm still waiting to here back since being complete early September... I guess they did not like my answers on my secondary :shrug:

same (submitted 9/7, complete email 9/13)
hopefully we hear back soon, it's not over yet!

My interview date is in January. They told me they don't have an interview date in December.

Wonderful. That means max 140 are in the running for 50 spots...40% seeing an acceptance for all of us. I’ll take that any day... and I’m a black male with an above average app okay

Wonderful. That means max 140 are in the running for 50 spots...40% seeing an acceptance for all of us. I’ll take that any day... and I’m a black male with an above average app okay

Just curious how you are coming up with those numbers? How many do they interview at each date? Also, since there is a strict limit of 24 on the number of Drew/UCLA seats I would imagine that they only have that many acceptances out at one time, and then whenever some one declines their acceptance they send a new one. I think getting up to 50 total acceptances might be an overestimation.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious how you are coming up with those numbers? How many do they interview at each date? Also, since there is a strict limit of 24 on the number of Drew/UCLA seats I would imagine that they only have that many acceptances out at one time, and then whenever some one declines their acceptance they send a new one. I think getting up to 50 total acceptances might be an overestimation.

It’s not. Any school that strictly tells you they accept their class size is misinforming you. You have no idea of the amount of movement in this process. For example, in my Drew interview this guy already had a full ride somewhere else.. that type of stuff will alter anybody’s mind. Everybody at least accepts double their class size at the end of it all—with a few exceptations. Their were 32 people at my interview.

Last edited:
I did not say that Drew accepts strictly their class size, but they can not have any more than 24 students. So unlike other schools which initially release at least 2X the number of acceptances, Drew/UCLA can not because of the strict 24 seat requirement. What I said is that they probably only ever have 24 acceptance offers out at one time and then as people decline their acceptances release a new one. I do have an idea of the amount of movement in the overall admissions process, and its rather rude of you to insinuate otherwise when you don't really know me personally. I just think that the Drew/UCLA admissions process is rather unique since it is a unique program. I do personally still think that Drew/UCLA overall accepts less than 50 but that is just my personal opinion based on the mission of the school and the type of students I imagine apply and receive interviews/acceptances.

Thanks for letting me know the number of people at your interview, I appreciate it. Wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of the application cycle.

I did not say that Drew accepts strictly their class size, but they can not have any more than 24 students. So unlike other schools which initially release at least 2X the number of acceptances, Drew/UCLA can not because of the strict 24 seat requirement. What I said is that they probably only ever have 24 acceptance offers out at one time and then as people decline their acceptances release a new one. I do have an idea of the amount of movement in the overall admissions process, and its rather rude of you to insinuate otherwise when you don't really know me personally. I just think that the Drew/UCLA admissions process is rather unique since it is a unique program. I do personally still think that Drew/UCLA overall accepts less than 50 but that is just my personal opinion based on the mission of the school and the type of students I imagine apply and receive interviews/acceptances.

Thanks for letting me know the number of people at your interview, I appreciate it. Wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of the application cycle.

Well it was never my intention to issult you, I was just talking like I was texting a friend but best wishes

Reactions: 1 user
Interview scheduled for Feb 3!!! Im so so excited!

Reactions: 5 users
For those that's haven't received secondaries, did you get an email saying that your primary was received? or has it just been complete silence since you submitted?

For those that's haven't received secondaries, did you get an email saying that your primary was received? or has it just been complete silence since you submitted?
Complete silence for me.