2019-2020 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called the office and as of last Friday all 24 offers have been sent out. There won't be any movement unless people drop, which probably isn't until May+. Disappointed but I'm grateful they've been transparent compared to some other places (cough regular UCLA MD cough). Essentially everyone else is waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Called the office and as of last Friday all 24 offers have been sent out. There won't be any movement unless people drop, which probably isn't until May+. Disappointed but I'm grateful they've been transparent compared to some other places (cough regular UCLA MD cough). Essentially everyone else is waitlisted.

Thank you for calling. Did they say there won't be movement until May 1 or are you inferring that? Some people will definitely drop before May 1.

Edit: Went through 3 threads from previous years. There will probably be very little movement until the last week of April.

Last edited:
Thank you for calling. Did they say there won't be movement until May 1 or are you inferring that? Some people will definitely drop before May 1.

They said there won’t be any movement until people drop, and historically I think they have given 40-50 offers in the past based on some chart I saw on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that’s disappointing

Last edited:
For those who have not been accepted in the first round, anyone know if we're supposed to receive the waitlist email anytime soon?

For those who have not been accepted in the first round, anyone know if we're supposed to receive the waitlist email anytime soon?
If you look at previous years, waitlist emails for Drew started to go out around 15 March.....Maybe the same this time around.

HOLY F. Just got an acceptance phone call right now! — was not expecting this

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
still no word here interview in early October

Reactions: 1 user
Silence here. I think it is a sign my interviewing sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Silence here. I think it is a sign my interviewing sucks.
Keep your head up! I know it’s so easy for us as applicants to draw conclusions about our own deficits but we truly don’t know how schools make their selections. I myself always think over and over in my head what I could have said in an interview or what I should’ve done. But we just have to continue being our confident selves no matter what happens. Think positive thoughts cause applying is a huge accomplishment in and of itself! I need to follow my own advice hehe :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got an email today, asking to accept the waitlist position. Essentially, confirming that I want to stay on waitlist through the online portal. Anyone else get this? Never seen this at any other school.

Got an email today, asking to accept the waitlist position. Essentially, confirming that I want to stay on waitlist through the online portal. Anyone else get this? Never seen this at any other school.
I got this as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

I wonder why I haven’t received one yet. Maybe they’re going in order of interview dates and sending one by one...

I wonder why I haven’t received one yet. Maybe they’re going in order of interview dates and sending one by one...
Idk i feel like I interviewed rather early (early october) and still haven't heard anything, or maybe they're just waiting to hit me with that R...... the world may never know

Have any of the accepted students heard about scholarships yet? Geffen or other?

Have any of the accepted students heard about scholarships yet? Geffen or other?

yes. I know people who have heard about Geffen and LA care. Those are the only two ones though for now. I'm sure other awards are coming.

Have any of the accepted students tried to submit their SIR/ SLR? I am having trouble finding it on myUCLA

Have any of the accepted students tried to submit their SIR/ SLR? I am having trouble finding it on myUCLA

I also haven’t had luck finding the SIR/SLR on myUCLA. But I did send the admissions office an email last week about it, so hoping to get a response soon!

I also haven’t had luck finding the SIR/SLR on myUCLA. But I did send the admissions office an email last week about it, so hoping to get a response soon!

just checked myUCLA portal today and was able to find the SLR/SIR under “new students” tab!

If you submit the SLR/SIR via myUCLA, is that committing to enroll at UCLA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you submit the SLR/SIR via myUCLA, is that committing to enroll at UCLA?

No, it shows that you can still withdraw your application by emailing admissions.

My first post!
As of now, has anyone not heard from Drew yet post-interview?

My first post!
As of now, has anyone not heard from Drew yet post-interview?

I interviewed in December as well, and got a "you're on the waitlist email from Drew," as well as a "Confirm you want to keep your waitlist spot" email from UCLA. I'm hoping for better news come April/May...

I interviewed in December and haven’t heard anything since then
Silence for me too.

I interviewed in December as well, and got a "you're on the waitlist email from Drew," as well as a "Confirm you want to keep your waitlist spot" email from UCLA. I'm hoping for better news come April/May...
No waitlist email for me. Not sure if it's good or bad :/

IMG_4824.jpg

What do you think this means for second look? Postponed, online, etc?

Reactions: 2 users
Wow it's so difficult to reach someone in this office. It always goes straight to voicemail. I've only left one voicemail before and never got a call back... :eyebrow:

Wow it's so difficult to reach someone in this office. It always goes straight to voicemail. I've only left one voicemail before and never got a call back... :eyebrow:
Coronavirus, homeslice...They're probably not in for non-essential personnel. I don't know if you're IS, but LA county and surrounding areas are taking this "issue" seriously.

Coronavirus, homeslice...They're probably not in for non-essential personnel. I don't know if you're IS, but LA county and surrounding areas are taking this "issue" seriously.
Nah when I called and left a message it was last month. And then called again probably late-Feb to follow up. No answer again. Called this week to see if app status will be delayed due to coronavirus. No answer yet again.
Also have friends who work/study at CDU. Classes moved to online instruction this Thursday but all CDU employees are still working as usual.

Last edited:
Where is the student portal? I am waiting to hear back and wanted to check the portal but I cant seem to find it. Thanks in advance. Stay safe everyone!

Would someone explain to me what the difference is between this program and UCLA school of medicine normally? And how does one go about applying to one and not the other? PM me if you don't mind. Very grateful! :)

Has anyone sent in an update letter and received a confirmation email from the office (pre-covid or even currently, as most of California workers are working from home)? Or do most people just get silence like me lol

Still haven’t heard anything since I interviewed in October

Same here
Got a we haven’t forgotten about you email. It stated if you haven’t heard a waitlist or acceptance yet then your application is still being decided on. All decisions should be made by first week of June.

So basically we are on a waitlist to get on a waitlist?

Got a we haven’t forgotten about you email. It stated if you haven’t heard a waitlist or acceptance yet then your application is still being decided on. All decisions should be made by first week of June.
I guess they actually forgot about me then because I didn’t even get this email :laugh:

You got it today? Nada for me.
When I called mid March, the girl who answered says noone gets rejected, only waitlisted. This is what previous applicants in the years before said too. So idk what the point is of being on a waitlist to get on a waitlist is if no rejections go out lol. Just thinkin aloud...

So basically we are on a waitlist to get on a waitlist?
who knows maybe it means something like " we thought you were so awesome we put you up for a geffen scholarship and are waiting on UCLA to get back to us"

lol..... we can dream right. I remember reading somewhere that CDU refers candidates to UCLA and then they decide sometimes or something like that.