2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With spaces is what I did but I am not 100% sure.
And I just described my community and the socioeconomic environment to the best of my knowledge.
Thanks. I did with space too

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email saying they received my secondary + fee in mail, and will give update soon :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email saying they received my secondary and payment. I submitted everything on 8/1

Got the call for Interview Invite!

Reactions: 3 users
Got my II call today! Submitted my application and fee on Monday!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who has received a secondary and to those who got an II as well! I usually just lurk on these posts, but might as well add to the discussion: II received yesterday. Submitted secondary and fee on 8/11.

Does anyone know how many students CDU usually interviews? For 24 spots, I'm guessing it probably isn't over 150-200 students?

I got the call yesterday for the interview invite as well.

Congrats y'all! Around what time did you guys receive the call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get verified in July for AMCAS but still has not heard back for a secondary?

Hey guys,

For the secondary, I was wondering for the question
"7. List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)"
there is only a chart and it literally says *list* so are people just writing
Date/Job Title/Hours or are we expected to explain and describe said activities? And if so, how would you fit that in the chart?

Thanks so much to anyone who can provide insight!

Hey guys,

For the secondary, I was wondering for the question
"7. List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)"
there is only a chart and it literally says *list* so are people just writing
Date/Job Title/Hours or are we expected to explain and describe said activities? And if so, how would you fit that in the chart?

Thanks so much to anyone who can provide insight!

I just listed them with date, job title, hours. No other details to describe activity

I just listed them with date, job title, hours. No other details to describe activity

+1, I was slightly confused because it said 800 characters and I assumed that implied they wanted us to explain. I went ahead and just listed them with date, activity title, and hours as well. Ended up getting an interview so I guess that was sufficient :) It's probably just so they know what to look for in your primary, or have things to ask you about during your interview.

It probably wouldn't hurt thought to have a super brief description after each activity title. I just didn't bother with it.

I got two calls from them yesterday yet was unable to answer the phone because of work. I tried calling them back and they told me to wait for the person to call me back. Bummer!!

I got two calls from them yesterday yet was unable to answer the phone because of work. I tried calling them back and they told me to wait for the person to call me back. Bummer!!

When did you receive a complete email?

I got one call today and missed it by a second. When I called back they told me the same thing, haha glad I'm not the only one. Looks like I learned my lesson about hesitating to pick up numbers I don't recognize during interview season. Here's hoping they call back today or tomorrow!

Just got the call for an interview today. LizzyM 63-65, complete 8/9. So excited!!!!

Just got the call for an interview today. LizzyM 63-65, complete 8/9. So excited!!!!
Congratulations! Maybe they will get me next since I submitted on the 10th. When is your interview date?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Maybe they will get me next since I submitted on the 10th. When is your interview date?

I hope you get some good news soon! I will be interviewing in .

Last edited:
Do they actually screen before handing out secondaries? I sent them my primary 8/22 and got a secondary the next day.

Do they actually screen before handing out secondaries? I sent them my primary 8/22 and got a secondary the next day.
Yes there is. I submitted in July and no secondary yet. I applied two previous years and didn't get a secondary either.

Congrats! Stats and when did you submit your secondary?

Thank you!!! I submitted my secondary on 8/22/17, interview invite 8/25/17

Last edited:
Has anyone else submitted a secondary and not received any other communication? I submitted on 08/10 and it has been silent since

I guess I'll try to call tomorrow

So I got a complete email on 8/16, but I'm just realizing that I never sent my LORs via AMCAS ... so no idea how that's possible, lol.

I completed my secondary last Wednesday, received an II yesterday.

Anyone have a little more info on CDU? I've read their info on their website but anyone have info besides what is posted on their website? I have a feeling that its directed more so for primary care than other specialties. I also saw that they offer research component.

I completed my secondary last Wednesday, received an II yesterday.

Anyone have a little more info on CDU? I've read their info on their website but anyone have info besides what is posted on their website? I have a feeling that its directed more so for primary care than other specialties. I also saw that they offer research component.

Does Charles Drew notify for interview through
I submitted 8/22 and haven't heard anything

Does anyone know if interview notifications are only through phone call or do they send an email as well?

Does anyone know if interview notifications are only through phone call or do they send an email as well?

N=1, but for me it was a phone call followed with an email shortly after. I believe it was the same way for others, hope this helps...

Reactions: 2 users
N=1, but for me it was a phone call followed with an email shortly after. I believe it was the same way for others, hope this helps...

Same with me. Email shortly after the phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk