2019-2020 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an II! Complete 09/09

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received complete email after submitting 3 days ago!

For those wondering, complete email also states: “interview invitations will be sent through November”

Members don't see this ad :)
10/19, 10/26, 11/16, i think im gonna go with 10/19

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Stats? I think I should give up on hoping for a secondary at this point

Congrats! Stats? I think I should give up on hoping for a secondary at this point
So according to them they send out secondaries until November... so I guess we shouldn’t give up hope yet?

Reactions: 1 user
So according to them they send out secondaries until November... so I guess we shouldn’t give up hope yet?
Until you read the literal words "we regret to inform you...competitive class..blah blah.." never give up hope you dope!

HOLY CRAP! II just now!!!!!!! complete on 10/08

Reactions: 1 users
Still havent received a secondary. I'm guessing it's over...?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 9/25

My portal hasn't updated though to schedule an interview. Anyone else face this issue?

Can someone who interviewed today give light to the format. Is it just MMI? or is it MMI + 1 on 1 interview with faculty.

Just realized that my pending MCAT score was still on my AMCAS application even though I canceled the date. Totally forgot to take it off. I may receive a secondary application late in the game. I wonder if I would even stand a chance at this point. Submitted my primary at the end of August when I finally found the school through AMCAS.

Just realized that my pending MCAT score was still on my AMCAS application even though I canceled the date. Totally forgot to take it off. I may receive a secondary application late in the game. I wonder if I would even stand a chance at this point. Submitted my primary at the end of August when I finally found the school through AMCAS.
There are some people that submitted their mcat but still no secondary :( like myself.

for the people who had interviews, how many people were being interviewed? there seems to be less activity on this thread compared with last years.....also just remembered that they said they'll stop with IIs in november, so I'm wondering if a lot of slots have been filled

for the people who had interviews, how many people were being interviewed? there seems to be less activity on this thread compared with last years.....also just remembered that they said they'll stop with IIs in november, so I'm wondering if a lot of slots have been filled
Have you already interviewed and heard they’re stopping in November or is it just based on what someone else said or last year’s thread? I agree, it seems slow here.

Have you already interviewed and heard they’re stopping in November or is it just based on what someone else said or last year’s thread? I agree, it seems slow here.

I haven't gotten an II. On my complete email (the one they sent when they received my secondary payment), it says that they send II until November

I haven't gotten an II. On my complete email (the one they sent when they received my secondary payment), it says that they send II until November
Ohh gotcha it says "through November", which makes a difference. But even though it is an official email from the school, I would take it with a grain of salt/keep hopes up! From what I remember on last year's thread, people were still receiving secondaries even after the secondary deadline. And I think some people received II's late in the year too. I know CDU is a pretty small school, so I would assume that their med admissions dept is equally as small. I would hope that they're diligently going through apps. :happy: I myself am waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had an interview and there were about 18-20 people there. apparently they give secondaries to a small percentage of applicants and give II's to a super small percentage (the med students were hesitant to give us the actual numbers) the program only accepts 28 people and 4 of those people are prime. when i chose my interview slot, the dates available were 10/19, 10/26, and 11/16 so i dont know if theres more after or not.

So... I actually submitted my primary way later than the rest of my AMCAS application because I originally couldn't find the school on the list. Because of the lack of information on the school, I thought their program was only for high-schoolers this year and maybe was run through a different application platform.

Either way, I ended up discovering that was not true and submitted a primary by 08/26. On 10/21, I realized that they may have still been waiting for my canceled MCAT score and keeping my application on hold (as stated in the receipt e-mail). I e-mailed them on 10/21 and 10/28 with no response from anyone. Don't feel like it's significant enough to call yet. At this point, I haven't received a secondary and I'm not too surprised... I just feel weird about it lingering.

Any movement here? Any new secondaries or IIs? I know there’s an interview day this week so I’m surprised there’s not more movement in this thread. I wonder when future interview dates are...

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate? Or how many interviews they tend to give out?

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate? Or how many interviews they tend to give out?
You interviewed? How was it? Not sure about the answers to your questions but I think earlier in the thread someone posted stuff. Like a few thousand apply, a few hundred get the secondary, maybe half (100-200?) get interviews. And since the class is less than 30, I would assume they accept twice that. I’m just going off what I remember from earlier in this thread.

Interviewed back in early October and they said most wont hear back post II until Jan-Feb

Secondaries through November but it's so late by now.. I think my hope is lost :(

Director of admissions lady said they interview ~140. I asked her directly on interview day. There were like 30 applicants there that day, with lots of people who had done the Drew Postbacc.... Admit ~50 which includes admits off the waitlist. 7/28 of the freshmen class are Geffen Scholars.

Received a secondary today !

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Director of admissions lady said they interview ~140. I asked her directly on interview day. There were like 30 applicants there that day, with lots of people who had done the Drew Postbacc.... Admit ~50 which includes admits off the waitlist. 7/28 of the freshmen class are Geffen Scholars.
If interviews are still given out through December, did they say how long admissions decisions will take?

oh gosh don't give me that hope!! Around when were you complete? Don't think their going in order but just curious.
Lol I submitted in July but took my MCAT in September . So believe I was officially complete early October

How selective are they with their secondary. I just got one complete late aug. i have an acceptance so was wondering if it was worth doing thanks

If interviews are still given out through December, did they say how long admissions decisions will take?

if I remember correctly, they told us on interview date not to expect decisions until late January/early February.

Makes me believe that they do not do rolling admissions and instead wait to interview all candidates first (if they are truly done with interviews in December).

does anyone know if they’re still giving out secondaries at this point?
I have this same question still. They were added 8/27 to my AMCAS (once I figured out how to find them) and I have not heard anything from them since that day and the original confirmation e-mail. I've even reached out to their office to update MCAT scores (well... lack thereof) on 10/28 and never received word back. I'm making update calls after schools come from the holiday break... but I just don't know how normal or abnormal this is. I'm puzzled.

I have this same question still. They were added 8/27 to my AMCAS (once I figured out how to find them) and I have not heard anything from them since that day and the original confirmation e-mail. I've even reached out to their office to update MCAT scores (well... lack thereof) on 10/28 and never received word back. I'm making update calls after schools come from the holiday break... but I just don't know how normal or abnormal this is. I'm puzzled.

I think dec 13th is the last date for secondaries ( read somewhere on their website)
I received mine end of november and it was due on the 13th as well