2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some of us had our interviews more than 4 months ago.

Like I said this is just friendly advice. : ). You are an individual and as such have the freedom to do whatever you like. Much love to all the Drew applicants and best of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my primary for here in July and haven't heard any word since. Is it safe to say I got rejected? Other friends of mine have gotten their rejections, but I haven't yet. It also seems that they aren't going to be offering any new II any time soon? haha SoCal resident here

Members don't see this ad :)
To confirm what booboobaby said, I'm a relatively young application (<23) to be exact and i am taking a gap year but not exactly non-trad! Don't stress! I don't think that Age is the major factor here

Just accepted via phone call, very exciting!!

Reactions: 12 users
Got the acceptance call from Joe this morning. So happy. In state, interviewed in September. Wishing everyone else all the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I missed a call from a CDU number earlier today. I called back and no one was able to answer and asked me to leave a message. Should I just call Joe directly? Thoughts anyone?

Got the call, dream come true.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! So I counted 4 acceptances and at the interview Joe expressed that 11 spots were offered I wonder if he was counting these? Just thinking aloud. Thanks for all your support.

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! So I counted 4 acceptances and at the interview Joe expressed that 11 spots were offered I wonder if he was counting these? Just thinking aloud. Thanks for all your support.

I was thinking the same, based on what he told me that 11 would be notified today!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m so excited. I left work early to come here and appreciate this life changing opportunity. I really hope some of you hear good news soon. After all our hard work we deserve it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 142
BIG CONGRATS to you all...! I can only imagine...it's gotta feel pretty doggone nice... enjoy! Any of you willing to share your stats, appreciated.

Congrats to everyone. I guess for the rest of us fall interviewers who didn't make this first cut, we have to wait until February, or perhaps more realistically until March/June.

Does anyone have any tips or information about what Interview day is like?! I have an interview on feb 3rd and I am kinda nervous! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

does anyone know if those who interviewed in fall but didn't get the call yesterday are going to be reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool, or are they just waitlisted?

I don't think those who interviewed in the fall get reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool. I think they are waitlisted if they didn't get called on Monday.

I don't think those who interviewed in the fall get reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool. I think they are waitlisted if they didn't get called on Monday.

I’m speculating here just like you but I don’t think we are waitlisted just yet. Personally, I will consider myself waitlisted when they accepted all 24. And knowing the more competitive applicants are typically in the fall, I don’t think they will easily disregard that and (lack of a better phrase) create us equal with the rest of the pool.

Ahh! Congrats to all who've been accepted, and welcome to the Drew family! If you have questions, feel free to PM me. :)

If you're waiting to hear back, just hold on a bit longer and don't lose hope! Rooting for you!

is it recommended to call and check on our status?

I wouldn’t recommend calling. At least not at this particular time, because I’m sure several applicants are doing the same thing. We don’t want to inundate the admission’s office. However, if you have significant updates or want to express your interest, then a LOI/Update Letter might be useful.

Good luck!

I wouldn’t recommend calling. At least not at this particular time, because I’m sure several applicants are doing the same thing. We don’t want to inundate the admission’s office. However, if you have significant updates or want to express your interest, then a LOI/Update Letter might be useful.

Good luck!

okay thanks!

Alright I just called about something unrelated but I did ask about the Fall interview thing. At the end of Feb/beginning of March, they will examine the entire pool of interviewees, and give out the remaining ~14 offers to Fall interviewees and Spring interviewees.

Reactions: 7 users
primary submitted in August, no supplementary received yet. I guess I should be discouraged.

Nope, lol I'm betting some will probably hear back sometime in the next two weeks.

Any word from CDU/UCLA for people who interviewed in February? Patiently waiting here!

Any word from CDU/UCLA for people who interviewed in February? Patiently waiting here!
Interviewed on Feb 3rd (the last interview day). I believe Joe said that decisions won’t be announced until early-mid March. I don’t remember him stating a specific date. So hopefully we’ll hear something next week!

Interviewed on Feb 3rd (the last interview day). I believe Joe said that decisions won’t be announced until early-mid March. I don’t remember him stating a specific date. So hopefully we’ll hear something next week!
Thanks for that update! Last I heard during my January interview was we wouldn't find out until the end of February so I was a little excited this week.

Thanks for that update! Last I heard during my January interview was we wouldn't find out until the end of February so I was a little excited this week.
If they work fast, then it’s possible they could announce this week too! It’s been a while since the last interview date so who knows lol

Just for fun, I came up with a haiku that sums up my sentiments about the process thus far:

End of Feb. slash March.

Early March turns to mid-march.

The wait is painful.

Called and was told that they are a few weeks behind. The earliest they will be sending out decisions is Mid-March.

Reactions: 4 users
Surprised there haven't been any reports of acceptances on here this week. I was accepted this week, but in the interest of anonymity, I won't say precisely when. I interviewed here fairly early in the cycle, so if you interviewed in Sept/Oct, don't lose hope!

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Since no one else posted, I didn’t say for the interest of anonymity either. But I was also accepted this past week

Reactions: 2 users
Since no one else posted, I didn’t say for the interest of anonymity either. But I was also accepted this past week

Congrats to you as well! I'm sure you must be extremely excited :)

If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Before or After December?

Congrats and welcome to the Drewin family! Let me know if you have any questions!

Called and was told that they are a few weeks behind. The earliest they will be sending out decisions is Mid-March.
Seems like there is a conflict in the information being reported :(

They are seen as UCLA Geffen SOM and Charles R. Drew COM graduates. Your degree is from the 11th ranked Medical school in the nation with a focus in underserved communities. I can't imagine what would be better than that.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to you as well! I'm sure you must be extremely excited :)

If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Before or After December?
Hi there! Thanks for the congratulations. I interviewed in January, best of luck!

Hi there! Thanks for the congratulations. I interviewed in January, best of luck!

I interviewed in January too! Fingers crossed for some good news soon :)

Thanks for answering! This is my gut feeling, but for some reason I can't find anything online to back it up. It makes sense tho!

This is how Joe described it during my interview. I've also looked through past application thread for Drew/UCLA and remember a few peoples post that said the same thing when they were applying for residencies.