2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI
So it appears meetings are still taking place as they are looking at more applicants. I was told any decisions will most likely be released after midweek (maybe March 3rd) next week with no guaranteed date. Take all of this with a grain of salt as things are still not set in stone lol.
Thank you for the continued updates. It seems like you are the one that has connections to a reliable source in admissions. I really hope this upcoming week is not a tease though lol.

On another note, do you know when the first day of classes would be? I can't seem to find the academic calendar for UCLA/Drew.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the continued updates. It seems like you are the one that has connections to a reliable source in admissions. I really hope this upcoming week is not a tease though lol.

On another note, do you know when the first day of classes would be? I can't seem to find the academic calendar for UCLA/Drew.
Of course. I just post what my source tells me because I know how frustrating this process can be especially with no updates. I was told that they are meeting next week at some point (probably Tuesday or Wednesday). I don't know how long it takes for decisions to be handed out after that because UCLA has to approve the applicants accepted (what i was told). But decisions have to be handed out by March 15th for sure.

I think the first day of class should be August 9th (you can check the Geffen website). However, Drew students usually have like a "boot camp" in the summer. I am not sure if this is still the case and I am also not 100% on all the details.

Reactions: 2 users
Of course. I just post what my source tells me because I know how frustrating this process can be especially with no updates. I was told that they are meeting next week at some point (probably Tuesday or Wednesday). I don't know how long it takes for decisions to be handed out after that because UCLA has to approve the applicants accepted (what i was told). But decisions have to be handed out by March 15th for sure.

I think the first day of class should be August 9th (you can check the Geffen website). However, Drew students usually have like a "boot camp" in the summer. I am not sure if this is still the case and I am also not 100% on all the details.
Yes, Drew students have a pre-matriculation program before that August 9th start date (I called DGSOM admissions and this is what they said also). But they don't know when the pre-matriculation begins. Is it mandatory?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Drew students have a pre-matriculation program before that August 9th start date (I called DGSOM admissions and this is what they said also). But they don't know when the pre-matriculation begins. Is it mandatory?
I have heard it's not mandatory but it depends on whether you have a good reason. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If you have any issues, I am 100% sure CDU will work with you. They have great people at the school!

Drew premat usually begins 2-weeks prior to the DGSOM start day. Pretty sure it is mandatory though I'd think they are probably willing to work with people under certain circumstances. Historically, those two weeks are meant to cover resources available to you, brush up on some content, and familiarize/ foster family environment among your new cohort. In the end, these 2-weeks are of great benefit and set you up for a smooth transition to med school. Unsure if this is changing due to covid/ new curriculum.

Reactions: 3 users
Drew premat usually begins 2-weeks prior to the DGSOM start day. Pretty sure it is mandatory though I'd think they are probably willing to work with people under certain circumstances. Historically, those two weeks are meant to cover resources available to you, brush up on some content, and familiarize/ foster family environment among your new cohort. In the end, these 2-weeks are of great benefit and set you up for a smooth transition to med school. Unsure if this is changing due to covid/ new curriculum.
Do you know if prematriculation takes place in Westwood at the UCLA campus? Or does it take place on the Drew campus?

Do you know if prematriculation takes place in Westwood at the UCLA campus? Or does it take place on the Drew campus?
An admissions representative told me it takes place on the Drew Campus. Back in the day, they even had a family event. However, I don't know how it will be this year. A few weeks ago we were told the campus will not open at least until July but this is a fluid situation.

They are taking FOREVER
Yeah, the wait has been brutal this year. But tbh I don't think it will happen today (who knows???). At this point, I am not getting any more updates. I only can confirm the last meeting was on Wednesday and the last couple of applicants were reviewed (probably those from the last interview date).

Reactions: 5 users
They are taking FOREVER
You just gotta relax man. A couple of schools I’ve interviewed at, I see you constantly speculating about decisions and timeframes on a regular basis. It’s a long process. Just have to be patient my man. We will know soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are accepted CDU/UCLA applicants also considered for the Geffen scholarship?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Interviewed in September, IS :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Congrats to those accepted!

Can I request for whomever gets a call to ask whenever all 24 spots will be given out? I’ll do the same of course. Ty in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call 20 mins ago!!! I am still in shock. Interviewed in Oct

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to all the As! Hopefully they will make more calls tomorrow, for those of us waiting still.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted!
+1 on those still waiting for good news!

There's always tomorrow! Maybe all calls didn't go out today.
That's what I'm hoping for! Based off of previous threads, it seems that decisions are released within a 1 week window or so. But idk if that has changed this year with everything else. We will see!

Does anyone know if we have access to an application portal that also provides updates? I can't find the link to the website where I submitted my secondary application.

Does anyone know, if we miss a call from them, will they leave a voicemail? Just wondering because I may be at work.

Does anyone know, if we miss a call from them, will they leave a voicemail? Just wondering because I may be at work.
Yeah I have heard they do. They also send an email. No need to worry.

Starting to think all offers have been sent out. First reported A was on Friday.

• Sad
Accepted on 3/5 at 9:00pm CST (phone call); interviewed 12/12. Award Geffen Scholarship on acceptance phone call. Probably won’t come here, so hopefully my acceptance and scholarship goes to one of you fine people.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted on 3/5 at 9:00pm CST (phone call); interviewed 12/12. Award Geffen Scholarship on acceptance phone call. Probably won’t come here, so hopefully my acceptance and scholarship goes to one of you fine people.
Hi thanks for the details..were you prime or regular md?