2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, the funny part is that all decisions should be out by March 15th (pls correct me if I am wrong). For some reason, they are meeting at some point next week (After Monday). I'm not sure why this is happening. It seems a little odd.
I think the March 15th deadline refers to schools having to admit enough students for their class at this point. I don’t think they necessarily have to release all decisions by this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard anything? I've seen acceptances for sept, nov, and dec dates.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that’s what I thought. From last year’s thread, some people got the WL email and some didn’t get anything at all. Some of those actually turned into As.

it’s been real y’all...
Did anyone who got nothing end up getting accepted? Or only those who got a WL email?

Did anyone who got nothing end up getting accepted? Or only those who got a WL email?

I only saw those with a WL get an acceptance later. Reminder that not everyone posts on SDN which makes it harder to draw conclusions.

Well, the funny part is that all decisions should be out by March 15th (pls correct me if I am wrong). For some reason, they are meeting at some point next week (After Monday). I'm not sure why this is happening. It seems a little odd since I am certain all applicants have been reviewed.
Interviewed in Sept and haven't received anything. Someone from the program updated you that they were meeting at some point next week? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

I interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything back...hope to get some kind of communication soon

Interviewed in Sept and haven't received anything. Someone from the program updated you that they were meeting at some point next week? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks!
This info is from an internal source. They release some information from time to time.

I got the acceptance email today! I had been following the thread and thought all admission decisions had gone out so just a reminder that what is on SDN is usually just speculation. I interviewed in Oct, and did not receive an A or WL last week.

Reactions: 7 users
I got the acceptance email today! I had been following the thread and thought all admission decisions had gone out so just a reminder that what is on SDN is usually just speculation. I interviewed in Oct, and did not receive an A or WL last week.
Congrats!

did you get a call as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I didn't get a chance to post earlier but I was accepted earlier this month, interviewed in November. Super excited!

Does anyone know what need-based aid looks like with CDU and UCLA? CDU is my top choice but I'm worried about finances...

• Care
I recently remembered the donation Bloomberg gave out last year to HBCUs. I’m wondering if any of us will receive those scholarships or if we all get something? I really hope so!!

I recently remembered the donation Bloomberg gave out last year to HBCUs. I’m wondering if any of us will receive those scholarships or if we all get something? I really hope so!!
Same!

Could anyone who has received their aid info comment on this?

Monica mentioned to me during my acceptance call that the CDU committee will meet at the end of the month to configure our DCU aid packets (CDU packet is separate from DGSOM financial aid).

Do y’all think hope is lost for those who haven’t heard anything? Not on the waitlist so idk if I even have a chance :(

Do y’all think hope is lost for those who haven’t heard anything? Not on the waitlist so idk if I even have a chance :(
Hopefully we will find out by early April. Fingers crossed still.

Does anyone know where I can find my UCLA ID? so that I can create the MYUCLA account?

Does anyone know where I can find my UCLA ID? so that I can create the MYUCLA account?
Yeah, go to the ucla portal, click pre-matriculation from the list at the top, then financial aid on the left side. it should say your name and university ID there.

or it will be up at the top between your name and log out button in parenthesis as UID

Yeah, go to the ucla portal, click pre-matriculation from the list at the top, then financial aid on the left side. it should say your name and university ID there.

or it will be up at the top between your name and log out button in parenthesis as UID
Thanks so much!! You are awesome
P.s. i am literally blind haha

Last edited:
  • Care
Well, my preliminary FA package was a joke. Declining their acceptance offer; I hope they're much more generous for the new admit! Best of luck, y'all.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Well, my preliminary fin aid package was a joke. Declining their acceptance offer; I hope they're much more generous for the new admit! Best of luck, y'all.
The preliminary doesn’t include Charles drew aid btw, they are deciding scholarships within the next two weeks before you make any hasty decisions!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
With no WL offer at this point, I’m pretty much guaranteed an R. I wonder what’s taking them this long to send them out if they’re working on scholarships for those admitted.

• Hmm
With no WL offer at this point, I’m pretty much guaranteed an R. I wonder what’s taking them this long to send them out if they’re working on scholarships for those admitted.
Haha same. Just let us know at this point. Give us closure so we can move on.

Just got my R today. I mean I knew it was coming lol. But congratulations to those who have been accepted! And to those who are waitlisted. *crosses fingers*

• Care
Just got WL email, interviewed early Oct

• Care
Any of you CDU people get geffen scholarships?

On the DGSOM SDN page I saw someone comment that the financial aid office said all geffen scholarships were given out, but I'm wondering if that's only true for regular DGSOM students. Will geffens be given out when we get CDU specific aid?

Any of you CDU people get geffen scholarships?

On the DGSOM SDN page I saw someone comment that the financial aid office said all geffen scholarships were given out, but I'm wondering if that's only true for regular DGSOM students. Will geffens be given out when we get CDU specific aid?
As far as I understand, a certain number of Geffen scholarships are held for CDU students. They were offered the scholarship when offered their acceptance (for initial offers). If anyone under CDU with a Geffen declines, then everyone else CDU has a shot at those. This is just my understanding of it.

Just received a post-interview email that states I’m still under review? Is this the same as a waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users