2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got IIs, how long after the completion email did it take for you to get it? Did anyone receive a completion email and still not get an answer? I got mine yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got IIs, how long after the completion email did it take for you to get it? Did anyone receive a completion email and still not get an answer? I got mine yesterday.

I got a completion email i think 8/25 and have yet to hear anything :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I havent even gotten a secondary yet after a month (or from UCSF), should I just count it as a reject even if I havent gotten an email?

Congrats!!! What dates where you offered for interview? God I really hope I get some good news soon :(

OOS, LizzyM: 61 -63, Non Trad

Only offered a Saturday in November.
Sending positive vibes your way :highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
OOS, LizzyM: 61 -63, Non Trad

Only offered a Saturday in November.
Sending positive vibes your way :highfive:

Thanks appreciate it :) my stats are similar to yours so hopefully hear back something soon. Good luck in your interview!!!

II! IS, ORM, LissyM 74! Complete 8/30

Apparently only 1 day for November, 1 January day and 1 day for February are left for interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys! I have similar stats, so hopefully I hear back soon! Complete on 9/5 because my payment went missing and had to send another one would have been complete around 8/15 if not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How many interviews do they do per day? Can anyone who has interviewed comment?

Just received a call from a 323 area code number but missed it because I'm at work. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I am a current MS3 in the Drew program! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and PM me. I will do my best to get back as soon as possible (but it may be a bit slower than usual because-- third year lol!) Wish you ALL the best, and when you're feeling stressed, just remember to take time out for self-care and to keep moving forward!

I just got an alert that tickets from DC to LA are $216! I hope that means I get an II an haha

Anyone whose interviewing Sat. going to the social tomorrow??

is anyone else still waiting for a secondary?
We're on the same boat. I even called last week to make sure they received my new MCAT and no return to my voicemail.

Has anyone emailed to inquire about possibly receiving a secondary? Other users have mentioned on other UC school threads that they received a secondary after asking. I'm not even sure what the email address is.

Is Drew switching to a competency based prereq for admissions like UCLA Geffen is this admission cycle?

I can't post a link because I am new but google "ucla competency admission"

I read the description of UCLA's competencies... do they mean "competencies" as opposed to hard prereqs?

I read the description of UCLA's competencies... do they mean "competencies" as opposed to hard prereqs?
Yes exactly^^ I know Drew is a different admission process but are they going to be compentcy based instead of hard prereqs?

Does anyone know if phone calls are the only way they extend interview invites? Do they email you after the call? Curious because I'm going to be out of the country without cell phone service for a couple weeks and want to be prepared just in case they call during that time period.

Does anyone know if phone calls are the only way they extend interview invites? Do they email you after the call? Curious because I'm going to be out of the country without cell phone service for a couple weeks and want to be prepared just in case they call during that time period.

Seems like most people got a phone call followed by an email. I'm sure you can email the admissions office and let them know that you will be out of the country and give them other information to contact you maybe?

Nope! Last II was reported on 9/14 from someone complete on 8/27. I was complete 9/5 , but haven't heard back yet

I am hoping this means that early to mid September applicants get called soon. This silence is too much D,:

JUST GOT A CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Scheduled in January!!

Reactions: 4 users
Stats and when you were complete? Did you schedule the interview over the phone?

I received a call and scheduled the interview on the phone. I was complete 8/25, LizzyM score is about 61-63 but I completed a Masters with a 3.88 GPA.

As did I. Did they ask you to come to the mixer? Have you received email confirmation yet?

Congrats!!! I look forward to seeing you there. They did mention the mixer that they hold the night before and I am hoping to attend that as well. I received the email a few minutes after the call and in the email they ask you to email back to confirm you have received it.

Congrats!!! I look forward to seeing you there. They did mention the mixer that they hold the night before and I am hoping to attend that as well. I received the email a few minutes after the call and in the email they ask you to email back to confirm you have received it.
Yes! They said a med student would house you for that night. Pretty cool stuff.

I was out of the country when i was invited. They sent me an email immediately after a failed call.

Just received a call from a 323 area code number but missed it because I'm at work. :(
I'm assuming they called you back? I just got a call but missed it because I was in a meeting at work.. Hopefully they call me back soon.

no secondary yet, submitted late June...rejection?

Is anyone hearing back? I feel like its dead silent here. Also does anyone know if UCLA/Drew likes updates?

Is anyone hearing back? I feel like its dead silent here. Also does anyone know if UCLA/Drew likes updates?

I sent in an update about the various projects I began at work and received an interview 3 weeks later. Not sure if it really made a difference.