2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting on secondary as well...

A friend of mine received a secondary last year on July 21st .

Maybe they changed it for this year. I called the MD Admissions office this morning, and they said that they will start reviewing the primary applications in mid-August and start sending out the secondaries from there. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a secondary yesterday night as well. the prompts are below:

-Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so, please explain.
(Response limited to 800 characters)

-If you are currently not a full time student, please list and describe your current activities.

-Describe the role you play in your immediate family.

-Describe your community and socioeconomic environment.

-List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last
six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)

-Describe how your experience, your community, and family background impact your understanding of the
underserved communities. (Response limited to 800 characters)

-Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved
communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 800 characters)

-Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles R Drew
University. (Response limited to 800 characters)

-Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If the answer is yes, please
explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

-Please provide any additional information, which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight into you as an
applicant. (Response limited to 800 characters)

-How did you hear about our program?

This secondary is a beast. Is there screening for the program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This secondary is a beast. Is there screening for the program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe there's a hefty screen. A lot of people's on last year's thread who never received a secondary got rejections near the end of the year (around December).

Also @ Drew/UCLA

PLEASE GIVE ME A SECONDARY <3

Since the character limit is so short, does anyone know if we should simply list our activities or write a description of each for the question about community/public/leadership service? I called admissions and didn't get a response :(

Submitted today and received a secondary about an hour later, is it simply a stats screen? Thought it would be more holistic here

Submitted today and received a secondary about an hour later, is it simply a stats screen? Thought it would be more holistic here
For your high stats, they probably did not need to review that much for the secondary. I didn't get mine till today as well, but I have been submitted for a bit. They probably had to review my primary a little closer than yours.

I have heard they have sent out pre secondary rejections in the past, so I'm sure they screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they send a confirmation stating they received everything for your secondary? Some schools send a confirmation but some don't.

Since the character limit is so short, does anyone know if we should simply list our activities or write a description of each for the question about community/public/leadership service? I called admissions and didn't get a response :(

I didn't list things with bullet points but I cut as much "fluff" as possible and tried to make sure that I answered the question completely and concisely.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they send a confirmation stating they received everything for your secondary? Some schools send a confirmation but some don't.

Not sure. I would maybe call to be safe? Especially since we have to sent payment via mail. That honestly makes me nervous, even with paying for tracked shipping lol. Though, I have yet to get in contact with anyone in admissions when attempting to call and no one seems to call back ...

Not sure. I would maybe call to be safe? Especially since we have to sent payment via mail. That honestly makes me nervous, even with paying for tracked shipping lol. Though, I have yet to get in contact with anyone in admissions when attempting to call and no one seems to call back ...
Maybe calling would not hurt, I submitted my secondary 8/1 and still have not received a confirmation email. I am guessing that they are one of the schools that do not send them.

Maybe calling would not hurt, I submitted my secondary 8/1 and still have not received a confirmation email. I am guessing that they are one of the schools that do not send them.

Perhaps! I would at least call verifying that your payment gets there. They said they're not considering any secondaries complete without the fee. I just bit the bullet and paid for priority shipping so I'm not out $80.

Received a phone call for a Sept. interview! Jeezzz totally did not expect them to send the invites that early. Kinda freaking out here. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Reactions: 8 users
Received a phone call for a Sept. interview! Jeezzz totally did not expect them to send the invites that early. Kinda freaking out here. Any advice would be appreciated!!
Congrats, wish you the best. I could maybe give you some interview advice after my first one in a couple weeks

+1 II. Quickest turn around yet. Emailed my completed app Monday morning, mailed the check same day (regular mail, nothing fancy), phone call for September interview today. Crazy!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone received confirmation of secondary being submitted? Recently submitted and haven't gotten anything, secondary fee was waived so maybe there is some slowdown because of that?

Has anyone received confirmation of secondary being submitted? Recently submitted and haven't gotten anything, secondary fee was waived so maybe there is some slowdown because of that?
I have not received a confirmation either, I also had secondary fee waived so maybe that's the delay..

is anybody still waiting on a secondary? I was verified on June 20.

Secondary submitted! Hopefully quick call back for a II!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Has anyone emailed the office of admissions with questions regarding apps/the secondary? I sent an email a few days ago and was wondering if the email was ignored/skipped or if they're just extremely busy since it's application season + school just began.

Thanks!

is anybody still waiting on a secondary? I was verified on June 20.

Same here, though I was verified on July 12.

I really hope I get a secondary here :xf:. It's one of my top schools + I'm from Los Angeles.

Hey guys, I have a question.. does Drew require calculus?

Does the character limit is with space or not space? and how could you answer this question: Describe your community and socioeconomic environment

Thanks

Does the character limit is with space or not space? and how could you answer this question: Describe your community and socioeconomic environment

Thanks
With spaces is what I did but I am not 100% sure.
And I just described my community and the socioeconomic environment to the best of my knowledge.

Finally submitted the supp and mailed the check today. Crossing my fingers for an II!!

When you receive a phone call from a Cali area code and get extremely hype, only to learn that it's someone dialing the wrong number +pity+

Reactions: 4 users