2011-2012 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck every one! My status is still blank... :/ The suspense is tough!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Letter sent, no checklist :(

Good luck to all those left in limbo

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here too. Letter sent, no checklist. I'm hoping for a waitlist.

Letter sent, no checklist :(

Good luck to all those left in limbo
Same, I'm assuming this is the last wave of REJECTIONS coming on out.

Good luck to all those attending/waiting. Good run to those others who are not.

Letter send with no checklist. Should get it quick, so I'll post if its a waitlist or rejection.

I had letter sent on 5/23 with no checklist and the letter came today- rejected. Good luck to everyone else!

I had letter sent on 5/23 with no checklist and the letter came today- rejected. Good luck to everyone else!

sad life for me then. haven't gotten the letter yet, but I'm guessing all the ones sent on 5/23 are rejections. the bright side: I can finally say I know for sure where I'm headed!

Crap. But thanks for the heads up!

sad life for me then. haven't gotten the letter yet, but I'm guessing all the ones sent on 5/23 are rejections. the bright side: I can finally say I know for sure where I'm headed!

Same here. Sad, but at least this cycle will FINALLY be over for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, rejection for me too. At least we know now and aren't waiting till August. Now if the other UC schools could just have some movement...

Letter sent... No checklist... Do I dare hope for wait list? :/

Letter sent today 5/30/12. No accepted student checklist on my status page. I live in SoCal too so i'm thinking it will arrive my tomorrow. Pretty sure this is a rejection. stay tuned...

is there anyone that still has no status change? cause if there is then sadly the letters sent 5/30 are for sure a rejection

any news? i havent received anything in the mail yet. i know i shouldnt count on anything at this point but I cant seem to move on until I see it in writing! Man, this whole admissions process has drained me.

any news? i havent received anything in the mail yet. i know i shouldnt count on anything at this point but I cant seem to move on until I see it in writing! Man, this whole admissions process has drained me.

Nothing here... In fact I didn't get any mail yesterday!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I received the "letter sent" status on 5/30 without the accepted student checklist.

I received the letter in the mail today, and it was a generic waitlist notification. It only mentioned that I am on the waitlist and that there is no ranking. It asked for a written response as to whether I want to remain on the waitlist or not.

For those who are waiting for their letters, the "letter sent" status alone is not a death knell. It very well could be but not necessarily, as my case exemplifies.

Good luck to those waiting for either a status change or letter.

Last edited:
Just received my letter!! Wait list! The dream is alive :)

So I know that on the interview day Lily said when its all said and done they would offer around 250 acceptances total, has anyone inquired and been successful in finding out approximately how many people would be waitlisted?

The status check page still hasn't changed. I called the office and they said my file hasn't even been reviewed by the committee yet..... I interviewed at the beginning of January :(

Congrats on your acceptance!

I got my waitlist letter in the mail today and felt gutsy enough to call the admissions office. I believe I spoke with Lily, who was actually pretty informative. They are still giving out waitlist spots, and they plan to have ~100 people on it when they're done. She said they expect to accept around 50% of us on the waitlist, which I think is a pretty good amount. Good luck everyone!

I got my waitlist letter in the mail today and felt gutsy enough to call the admissions office. I believe I spoke with Lily, who was actually pretty informative. They are still giving out waitlist spots, and they plan to have ~100 people on it when they're done. She said they expect to accept around 50% of us on the waitlist, which I think is a pretty good amount. Good luck everyone!

Did she happen to say when people would start getting pulled off the wait list?

thanks for calling and relaying the information!

I stopped by the admission office today and was told the same thing! 50% is epic! There's still hope!

So is no news good news?

I have a blank for my status. Come on UCLA, I have so much bruin love.

Well, it just seems like the the people who interviewed late have not received a decision yet. When did you interview wingardium?

I interviewed in early January. I really loved UCLA, but I guess I didn't charm them during my MMI.

Don't give up hope wingardium! The cards are dealt, but they haven't been completely revealed yet. Your chance for a flush might come very soon.

Does anyone know if the office of undergraduate transfer admissions at UCLA is receptive to changing a Statement of Intent to Register? My husband was accepted as an undergraduate transfer student, but he had to submit his SIR by June 1. But although I e-mailed UCLA SOM in April and in May about his deadline, when I called on June 1, the admissions committee still hadn't come to a decision yet, so he had to commit to Davis so we could stay together.

UCLA SOM called me today to offer me an acceptance(!), but we don't know yet if undergraduate admissions will let him submit his SIR after the deadline.

We did call the undergraduate admissions office. The person who answered told us to e-mail, so we e-mailed and are expecting a response in "3-5 business days." But we'd just both have a much better weekend if anyone had seen this situation resolve happily before. :)

Does anyone know if the office of undergraduate transfer admissions at UCLA is receptive to changing a Statement of Intent to Register? My husband was accepted as an undergraduate transfer student, but he had to submit his SIR by June 1. But although I e-mailed UCLA SOM in April and in May about his deadline, when I called on June 1, the admissions committee still hadn't come to a decision yet, so he had to commit to Davis so we could stay together.

UCLA SOM called me today to offer me an acceptance(!), but we don't know yet if undergraduate admissions will let him submit his SIR after the deadline.

We did call the undergraduate admissions office. The person who answered told us to e-mail, so we e-mailed and are expecting a response in "3-5 business days." But we'd just both have a much better weekend if anyone had seen this situation resolve happily before. :)

Congrats. Was it a direct acceptance or were you wait listed first?

Congrats! I hope I get as lucky as you.

Any of you guys who got into UCLA Med want to live with me in Westwood starting this August? Looking for a roommate. I'm not going to be a med student there (I just graduated college and will be working in finance in Century City, just a couple miles away from UCLA), but I really want to live nearby UCLA since it's really close to the office I'll be working in. I'm looking to spend probably $1100 - $1200 a month, and I don't mind living with 1-3 others.

This is probably a long shot, but if anyone's interested, give me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.