2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Following this thread

Members don't see this ad.

any details on where students live? the map they gave isn't that helpful.

Anyone heard of any movement for the WL? I know last year they started calling very soon after the 4/30 date

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an email asking if they’re still interested in a seat in the incoming class?

Did anyone else get an email asking if they’re still interested in a seat in the incoming class?
I did. It seems like they are asking us to write a LOI. Are you planning to make it brief or lengthy? Based on how brief and to the point the email was, I was thinking of making it brief.

I did. It seems like they are asking us to write a LOI. Are you planning to make it brief or lengthy? Based on how brief and to the point the email was, I was thinking of making it brief.
I made it brief, Keck specified that they want LOIs to be 1-2 sentences so I just went with that!

i did not which tbh is kind of freaking me out ahhhh!! but i'm thinking it may be bc i don't hold any other acceptances so they know i want to go there?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Daang do they not want the people that already sent in LOIs? lol
I think they already know Keck is your top choice so they didn’t send an email! They must just be trying to cut down the WL

i did not which tbh is kind of freaking me out ahhhh!! but i'm thinking it may be bc i don't hold any other acceptances so they know i want to go there?
Can they see if applicants have other acceptances and WLs?

do y'all who got the email hold an A somewhere else? just trying to see if my theory is correct lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
So the consensus is only those who do not have an A at any other school got the email?

I also do not have an A anywhere else!
hmmm then it seems like it may be a good sign of things to come for you and leave-it-blank! fingers crossed for you both!! (and myself lmao)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
So the consensus is only those who do not have an A at any other school got the email?
I don't have an A at any other school and did not get the email asking if i wanted to remain on the WL

Did those of you who received the email send in a LOI to them before?
starting to get anxious o_O

hmmm then it seems like it may be a good sign of things to come for you and leave-it-blank! fingers crossed for you both!! (and myself lmao)
I’m honestly afraid to hope... Maybe they’re sending these emails out in waves too? Fingers crossed for you as well 🤞🏽

I’d assume those of us who already sent in LOI’s wouldn’t get the email. That would be redundant

Got the magical call from Dr Arias today (around 1ish CA time)!! I was literally in tears

All the best to everyone else here!! and I hope we can be classmates 🤍

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Got the magical call from Dr Arias today (around 1ish CA time)!! I was literally in tears

All the best to everyone else here!! and I hope we can be classmates 🤍
Awe that’s amazing! Anyone else get a call?

• Love
Anyone know if in the past waitlist acceptances come out over a period of time or all in one day?

I think it's worth noting that
They started calling today the same day people on the wait-list with no other acceptances were asked to confirm their interest. I wonder if this says anything about their preference for those with other acceptances who send LOIs

I think it's worth noting that
They started calling today the same day people on the wait-list with no other acceptances were asked to confirm their interest. I wonder if this says anything about their preference for those with other acceptances who send LOIs
Were those accepted holding acceptances to other schools?

Yes! I sent it literally as soon as they would accept it lol.
I did the same thing! Did not get any email this morning like some others did though (probably because i sent the LOI already like someone else mentioned)
Were those accepted holding acceptances to other schools?
I was holding an acceptance elsewhere!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those who got off the WL!!! Truly so happy for you:)

I'm kind of freaking out bc i didn't get that email earlier today, don't have an A, and haven't sent an LOI (due to lack of said A). I'm going to go ahead and say that these are bad signs lol. Oh well, onwards and upwards towards that reapplication!

• Care

Here is the groupme for those accepted off the waitlist - congrats! For those still waiting, best of luck :)

Is the number of people on the groupme either an over or underestimate of the # of people that are actually matriculating?

Is the number of people on the groupme either an over or underestimate of the # of people that are actually matriculating?
I want to say it could be an overestimate because people who committed elsewhere may not have left yet (but that’s me trying to be optimistic haha)

Congrats to those who got off the WL!!! Truly so happy for you:)

I'm kind of freaking out bc i didn't get that email earlier today, don't have an A, and haven't sent an LOI (due to lack of said A). I'm going to go ahead and say that these are bad signs lol. Oh well, onwards and upwards towards that reapplication!
Would it be bad to email and ask? :/ Just seems weird to me that they're suddenly shortening their wait-list but only for people who didn't LOI which I've never seen them do in the past?

I missed a call from Dr. Arias this morning! Haven’t heard anything else yet. For those who received As today, did she say whether there’d be any change on the portal or email going out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed a call from Dr. Arias this morning! Haven’t heard anything else yet. For those who received As today, did she say whether there’d be any change on the portal or email going out?
She said she'd send an email, but I didn't see one. Maybe she's working on it or waiting to call more people before sending it?

Edit: Check your portal.

I believe the groupme is an underestimate; only available on SDN and not officially through Keck (ie not on the Facebook page or sent out via email). In other words, only accepted students who check SDN would be in the groupme

Apologies if this has already been repeated, but does Keck want you to send a letter of intent only if you have an acceptance elsewhere? Or are you permitted to send in an LOI even if you do not hold another acceptance?

Last edited:
Any updates?? Wondering if they're done with WL movement here :(

I thought more calls would go out yesterday but looks like WL movement isn't as much as I thought it would be
SDN is not a predictor of how many calls have gone out. Also, they are not going to call every single person they want off of the waitlist in one day.