2011-2012 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
admissions could be random

i was 3.9/42Q and got off the waitlist. my MMI wasn't so great though - I was incredibly nervous that day

Members don't see this ad.

admissions could be random

i was 3.9/42Q and got off the waitlist. my MMI wasn't so great though - I was incredibly nervous that day

When did you get off the WL, and how did you find out? Congrats!

I got in directly a few weeks ago without being on the waitlist and I interviewed in early January.

I need a roommate. Who wants to live at Weyburn with me?

24 year old east coast Asian male that worked for a few years so I don't really know what school is like anymore. I'm super clean. play lots of sports (especially basketball, all the time when not doing school stuff) and outdoor activities. message me for more details.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats are 3.87/3.95s 36S with several peer-reviewed papers published and decent extracurriculars. I know my stats is considered "average" for UCLA though. I definitely have friends that go to UCLA that humble me in terms of stats.

So is that all the WL movement for this cycle?

When did you get off the WL, and how did you find out? Congrats!

sorry for the slow response - I've been on a month long euro trip.

I found out via email first, and I got in on June 15th. I forgot to add - it might help that I was a UCLA undergrad

BTW, is there a FB group for the class of 2016?

So I called admissions. Apparently they will be holding onto waitlistees until next Monday.

So I called admissions. Apparently they will be holding onto waitlistees until next Monday.

Do you mean there wont be another waitlist acceptance until Monday, or is that the last day waitlisters will be accepted?

From what I was told, that will be the last day waitlisters will be accepted.

Anyone still hoping for a miracle? I called last week and I was told wait listers are going to be considered up till aug 6

That's weird. I was told today. Yay for another week of waiting!

Anyone still hoping for a miracle? I called last week and I was told wait listers are going to be considered up till aug 6

I also called, and Lily said this Friday would be the last day, but she seemed so eager to get off the phone with me that she might have said anything, so who knows.

Anyways, both my interview student host and his roommate got in the Friday before orientation last year, so I'd imagine ~5 or more students get accepted that day, so there is hope. Good luck to all of us still waiting, wherever we end up.

Don't give me false hope. haha. I didn't get in anywhere, so I'm reapplying as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.