2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know which email we should send our LOI to?

Am I correct in assuming they expect us to send it to '[email protected]'?

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone who didn’t attend the financial aid info session, it was stated that students would be notified about scholarship offers pretty close to April 30th, no set date was given but seems to be that week and possibly after. But as mentioned here before it seems that aid is very minimal and taking everything in loans is pretty much the standard!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have a good amount of people on the WL planning to email LOIs later this week?

Reactions: 1 user
so no one has received FA or scholarship offers? was really hoping for something before PTE deadline:confused: maybe/hopefully by friday

so no one has received FA or scholarship offers? was really hoping for something before PTE deadline:confused: maybe/hopefully by friday
You can have more than 1 acceptance after the April 30th date if you want to wait on FA info. It is just a strong recommendation that you narrow it down to 1 school by 4/30. Just be aware of Keck's CTE deadline which is the most important.

I believe scholarship offers have gone out, not sure if all of them though

Do the scholarship offer amounts vary, or are they only giving 1/4 tuition scholarships? So basically, has anyone received a scholarship amount greater than that?

Will be withdrawing my spot today, hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Do the scholarship offer amounts vary, or are they only giving 1/4 tuition scholarships? So basically, has anyone received a scholarship amount greater than that?
In previous years they varied (full tuition, half tuition etc). Not sure what they're doing this year but I also only received a 1/4 tuition scholarship /: Withdrawing my A. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also withdrew today. Loved this school, but it was just too expensive. Best wishes to everyone on the WL!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you to all those that decided to withdraw their acceptance, to post on here to give us WL folks some glimmer of hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep those “+’s” coming 😂

• Haha
Just withdrew my spot (and my ¼ tuition scholarship). Best of luck to you waitlist folks!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many applicants USC tends to defer per year?

For example, last year they deferred 25 which seems like a lot compared to other schools I was looking at. Does this tend to occur yearly? Or was last year likely an anomaly?

Does anyone have a contact phone # for admissions? I called the one on the website but it says they are working remote & to send an email. Sent an email & also got an automated response - just want to make sure it went through!

For my fellow waitlist peeps who are planning on sending a LOI, are you thinking of writing a whole letter or just a sentence or two? I was thinking a couple sentences bc it seems like that’s what people did in the past...

Last edited:
Go crazy kids

Attachments

• 2021-Match_List_Admissions_Redacted.pdf
    460.9 KB · Views: 451
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
For my fellow waitlist peeps who are planning on sending a LOI, are you thinking of writing a whole letter or just a sentence or two? I was thinking a couple sentences bc it seems like that’s what people did in the past...
I was thinking of doing a whole letter but maybe I’m misinformed...

also are you sending your letter April 30 or May 1?

I was thinking of doing a whole letter but maybe I’m misinformed...

also are you sending your letter April 30 or May 1?
oh jeez now im not sure...prior years' threads said 1-2 sentences, but things could be different this year.

I was planning April 30th just because some info on the portal says it's ok to send on/after 4/30.

In the email it says “brief” so I don’t imagine them wanting us to write a “Why USC” type letter.

oh jeez now im not sure...prior years' threads said 1-2 sentences, but things could be different this year.

I was planning April 30th just because some info on the portal says it's ok to send on/after 4/30.
Oh wow ok I didn’t know that! I’ll have to shorten mine then. I’m planning on sending tomorrow too

Does anyone know how to withdraw my app if I'm on the alternate list? I was accepted to another program I'd like to attend more and want to commit to enroll there and withdraw from USC, but don't see that option on my secondary portal!

Does anyone know how to withdraw my app if I'm on the alternate list? I was accepted to another program I'd like to attend more and want to commit to enroll there and withdraw from USC, but don't see that option on my secondary portal!
Congrats! And you have to email them at [email protected] to tell them you are withdrawing.

hey y'all! late to the game but I just wanted to add a data point: I interviewed in early Dec & got put on the alt list in mid Jan. good luck to everyone hoping to get off the alt list! i have my fingers crossed for all of you & myself :)

hey y'all! late to the game but I just wanted to add a data point: I interviewed in early Dec & got put on the alt list in mid Jan. good luck to everyone hoping to get off the alt list! i have my fingers crossed for all of you & myself :)
Good luck to you too! Did you send an LOI? If so, was it long or brief? I was thinking of sending a brief one bc I think that's what Dean Arias would want.

Good luck to you too! Did you send an LOI? If so, was it long or brief? I was thinking of sending a brief one bc I think that's what Dean Arias would want.
I didn't because I unfortunately don't hold any acceptances :( From what I understand from the few paragraphs in the alt list tab on the portal it should only be a few sentences basically saying "hey, i really want to go here & if i get off the alt list i will 100% drop my other acceptance(s) and enroll here"

I didn't because I unfortunately don't hold any acceptances :( From what I understand from the few paragraphs in the alt list tab on the portal it should only be a few sentences basically saying "hey, i really want to go here & if i get off the alt list i will 100% drop my other acceptance(s) and enroll here"
I think you can send a LOI regardless of your status at any other school! The email I got for alternate list says "You may submit a brief Letter of Intent (LOI) via email on or after April 30, 2021. We hope to hear from you then." The comment in the portal I took to mean because people need to have a plan to enroll choice today if they have acceptances, so they could send an LOI to USC while having PTE status at another school. So I'd go for it if I were you and you want to go there!

I think you can send a LOI regardless of your status at any other school! The email I got for alternate list says "You may submit a brief Letter of Intent (LOI) via email on or after April 30, 2021. We hope to hear from you then." so I'd go for it if I were you and you want to go there!
I definitey do want to go here! I'm just hesitant to send one because on the portal it says only to send one if you are currently holding other acceptances & i vaguely recall Dr. Arias saying during interview day that if you don't have other acceptances not to send an LOI bc they assume youll go there if you get off the alt list

I definitey do want to go here! I'm just hesitant to send one because on the portal it says only to send one if you are currently holding other acceptances & i vaguely recall Dr. Arias saying during interview day that if you don't have other acceptances not to send an LOI bc they assume youll go there if you get off the alt list
I remember her saying this also but what do you guys think about sending a LOI anyway? Currently I am on a few waitlists however I'm not sure how else to express my interest/be seen if I'm on the alternate list but don't have other acceptances?

I tried using the Facebook group link and it doesn't appear that I can request access or anything. I am a Facebook novice, so I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if the group has been deleted?

Any WL applicant got an email about completing financial aid?

Any WL applicant got an email about completing financial aid?
Yes, and it's strange that they sent it because it seems that as waitlisted applicants, we are not yet able to create a FAST account to fill out the supplemental form. At least, I wasn't able to.

If anyone else on the WL succeeds, please let me know!

Do you have to send a LOI to continue being considered for acceptance off the WL (if you have acceptances elsewhere)? Or will they still consider you even if you don’t send a LOI?

Do you have to send a LOI to continue being considered for acceptance off the WL (if you have acceptances elsewhere)? Or will they still consider you even if you don’t send a LOI?
You don't have to in order to be considered. It just kind of allows them to know who will 100% commit, and I guess that makes the candidate more desirable... But I do know of individuals from like 2 years ago getting in off WL without LOIs