2011-2012 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure those aren't 'formal' waitlist notificaitons?

That's possible as well. Hopefully whoever has those status updates will let us know :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Decision Letter Sent 5/17, no student checklist so I'm assuming it's got to be either a waitlist or rejection.

No status update here either... I think I'm becoming desensitized to waiting. But it's still possible!

Decision Letter Sent 5/17, no student checklist so I'm assuming it's got to be either a waitlist or rejection.

+1

Letters sent last year on the same dates were a mix of WL and rejections, here's to hoping its the former.

Best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
No status change here... I'm guessing that means waitlist?

EDIT: Or, I guess the people who got final decision without a checklist could be waitlisted, and this could mean rejection. Who knows!

No status change here... I'm guessing that means waitlist?

EDIT: Or, I guess the people who got final decision without a checklist could be waitlisted, and this could mean rejection. Who knows!

It could be anything really. I'll update the thread as soon as I open the letter.

How is a waitlist notification a final decision though? Did people who were waitlisted last year report seeing a "final decision letter sent" status change?

Members don't see this ad :)
How is a waitlist notification a final decision though? Did people who were waitlisted last year report seeing a "final decision letter sent" status change?

Yea, from the looks of last year's thread, people received a lettered waitlist decision. Also, a blank status doesn't mean anything yet... probably just that they haven't decided on us

Last edited:
Letter Sent Today too, but no checklist. Does anyone know if the checklist for accepted students appears the same day with the update?

My status page has an additional row that says Accepted Student Checklist. My Final Decision Letter date is 5/15 and I actually checked my status on that day but it was mid-day so the status may have changed right afterward. Or it could've changed today. I don't log into my status page often so I don't know when it changed.

My status page has an additional row that says Accepted Student Checklist. My Final Decision Letter date is 5/15 and I actually checked my status on that day but it was mid-day so the status may have changed right afterward. Or it could've changed today. I don't log into my status page often so I don't know when it changed.

Thanks for that. I only asked cause ppl have mentioned that the two didn't come up at the same time last year. Some said the update came first and others said the checklist came first. Seems to have happened in March this year too.

fingers crossed i guess

Accepted student check list!!!

But alas I am going to Harvard. So please have my seat :)

I'm sad I didn't get to meet you people! California's would of been nice :)

Accepted student check list!!!

But alas I am going to Harvard. So please have my seat :)

I'm sad I didn't get to meet you people! California's would of been nice :)

Congratulations!! Have fun at Harvard. When did you check your status by the way?

Congratulations!! Have fun at Harvard. When did you check your status by the way?

Around midnight pst.

I haven't been checking I kinda forgot about ucla. But I came on sdn for once in a long time and checked out this thread and noticed people had written stuff about status changes so i took a look and was surprised.

I don't know how important semantics are here, but this is what I think.

If it says "Final Decision Letter Sent" then it can only be 1 of 2 options: accepted or rejected. My reasoning is that a "waitlist" notification isn't much of a "final" decision. I think I mentioned this before, but who knows what UCLA's definition of "final" is?

I realize that last year people got that status with waitlist notifications and all that, and maybe I am just too picky about word choice. I'm not sure this helps anyone, but I really wanted to say it. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to the rest!

Last edited:
I don't know how important semantics are here, but this is what I think.

If it says "Final Decision Letter Sent" then it can only be 1 of 2 options: accepted or rejected. My reasoning is that a "waitlist" notification isn't much of a "final" decision. I think I mentioned this before, but who knows what UCLA's definition of "final" is?

I realize that last year people got that status with waitlist notifications and all that, and maybe I am just too picky about word choice. I'm not sure this helps anyone, but I really wanted to say it. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to the rest!

I talked to someone personally who got "decision letter sent" sometime last year in May and then received a snail mail waitlist notification. Waitlist can indeed be a final decision for some of us so everyone with a 5/17 Decision Letter Sent and no accepted student checklist, we'll know for sure as soon as the mail comes.

I talked to someone personally who got "decision letter sent" sometime last year in May and then received a snail mail waitlist notification. Waitlist can indeed be a final decision for some of us so everyone with a 5/17 Decision Letter Sent and no accepted student checklist, we'll know for sure as soon as the mail comes.

I'm guessing mine will be in tomorrow. Will let you know what i find out.

Hey guys, I just got my offer letter today! How do you send a letter of acceptance? Snail mail? Email? What address? Or is this just something you do via the accepted students checklist? It was sort of vague in the letter.

Hey guys, I just got my offer letter today! How do you send a letter of acceptance? Snail mail? Email? What address? Or is this just something you do via the accepted students checklist? It was sort of vague in the letter.

CONGRATS!!! Last year I called and asked--they let us just email the letter of acceptance. I sent it to both [email protected] and [email protected].

5-17 letter sent

Letter: UCLA regrets to inform you that your application is a pile of ****!

Did everyone that received an acceptance letter get the checklist the same day as the status change? I got the final letter sent status on 5/17 but no checklist yet... :(

Sometimes, I wish I could just write a letter to UCLA that says the following:

"Hello,
I love you. Please accept me."

It's concise and to the point, but alas, far from professional, and probably more irksome than touching.

Anyway, I have no news yet, so I'm just going to continue waiting, crossing my fingers, and throwing coins into the wishing well.

So i called the office and they said they're sending everything out by the end of the month.

So, is this supposed to mean that everyone who interviewed will get a "Final Decision" letter by the end of the month? I.e. Accept, Reject, or waitlist?

Accepted today, accepted student checklist was there too.

Congrats! Has anyone else heard anything? Still no status update on my side.

Quick Questions for the accepted:

How long do they give you to accept the offer now?
Also, about how long did it take for you to get your mail letter for those that lived outside of la/OOS?

I got my status update/accepted student checklist and am anxious to lock it down:)

Did anyone who got the final decision w/out the accepted checklist get waitlisted? I also am without any status change as of now.

Quick Questions for the accepted:

How long do they give you to accept the offer now?
Also, about how long did it take for you to get your mail letter for those that lived outside of la/OOS?

I got my status update/accepted student checklist and am anxious to lock it down:)

3 business days for the letter to arrive in Boston.

Did anyone who got the final decision w/out the accepted checklist get waitlisted? I also am without any status change as of now.

I feel like the longer we wait, the more likely it will be a waitlist decision...

I feel like the longer we wait, the more likely it will be a waitlist decision...

That's what I'm hoping for at this point. Either way we'll probably find out this week or next. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

are any of you waitlistees or accepted applicants planning on dropping your usc seat if you get taken from ucla? waitlist movement is kinda slow for usc and i thought the people at uc schools might be deciding or holding onto usc offers whIle they wait for uc schools to make offers.

thanks,
a usc waitlistee

Yup, that's the spot I'm in.

Accepted!!

Decision letter sent 5/22 with accepted student checklist link available. I actually found out I got in because the Financial Aid Office sent me an email wishing me congratulations lol

Good luck everyone!!
:luck:

Same here. Sent 5/23 and no checklist. Holding out hope for a waitlist notification. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.