2022-2023 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Geez they really went all out today huh?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Right there with you both. certain doors close so others can remain or become open. If the school isn't willing to see and value what you have to offer, they are not for you anyways :giggle: keep your heads up and programs that see our shining qualities will show us that they see them! Many amazing providers don't get in during the first or even second round of applications. I believe in you and know you will both succeed greatly!
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I really needed this today. Best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting to hear from WF!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Complete 8/17, no II, no R today. Odd.

Reactions: 14 users
From How Medical Schools Review Applications:

At Wake Forest School of Medicine, Ms. Tise explains, “Because of the large number of applications we receive, we use a formula that separates and groups applicants based on their AMCAS primary application. The groups are: 1) Proceed and send a secondary application, (2) Hold for MCAT score or other extenuating circumstances and notify candidates, and (3) Risk, based on academics.

Those candidates in the “risk” category are reviewed individually by the associate dean and an executive committee of five faculty and admissions committee members. From there, a decision is made to either proceed with the application process or reject the application.” Typically, after secondary applications are submitted, the associate dean and a committee review the applications and place candidates into interview pools. Because of the large number of applicants, only a small percentage is asked to interview.”
so for all those who are "completed" but are pre-II and not R yet: has the committee not gotten around to your secondary yet? Can't complain... better than a R.

Right there with you both. certain doors close so others can remain or become open. If the school isn't willing to see and value what you have to offer, they are not for you anyways :giggle: keep your heads up and programs that see our shining qualities will show us that they see them! Many amazing providers don't get in during the first or even second round of applications. I believe in you and know you will both succeed greatly!
Yup. Just like relationships. It doesn't mean you give up seeking it just because one school didn't see your "value" or "fit"

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Where can you see the status of your application? Is it under the "view details" tab where it says "status"?

Just curious because in the email it says it should say "file complete" but mine says "forms submitted successfully" so I am curious if there is another location to view status.

Where can you see the status of your application? Is it under the "view details" tab where it says "status"?

Just curious because in the email it says it should say "file complete" but mine says "forms submitted successfully" so I am curious if there is another location to view status.
click view checklist, and your status should be at the top

Members don't see this ad :)
so for all those who are "completed" but are pre-II and not R yet: has the committee not gotten around to your secondary yet? Can't complain... better than a R.
My goofy trash gpa clown self still holding hope on an interview. Completed early July still haven't caught the R yet!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
My goofy trash gpa clown self still holding hope on an interview. Completed early July still haven't caught the R yet!
I'm sure there is no schadenfreude but it is hard to celebrate "No R Yet." But many are in the same boat as you.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't heard anything yet either, complete late August. But it's hard to be optimistic when last cycle I dodged several R waves until I finally got axed in February.

Reactions: 5 users
Haven't heard anything yet either, complete late August. But it's hard to be optimistic when last cycle I dodged several R waves until I finally got axed in February.
This is my exact concern. People always say "no news is good news" but girl sometimes it's not lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
This is my exact concern. People always say "no news is good news" but girl sometimes it's not lol
You are both right... hard time to celebrate. It's been said before here on SDN: You are rejected until you are accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Their website says you can submit updates through the portal, but i don't see any place to upload additional documents? Am i just stupid or should I email them my update?

Wake forest has two ‘portals’. After you submit your secondary, the portal you used to fill your application will close. Go to your complete email, they have the other portal linked there

Wake forest has two ‘portals’. After you submit your secondary, the portal you used to fill your application will close. Go to your complete email, they have the other portal linked there
ok so i am just stupid lol thank you

lol complete mid July and have heard nothing. At least send me the R if you've decided that you're gonna reject me, WFSM!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II! Complete 07/29 and OOS. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prepare for the assessment? I didn't realize they have one-way interviews. Thought that ended with Snapshot... rip

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II! Complete 07/29 and OOS. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prepare for the assessment? I didn't realize they have one-way interviews. Thought that ended with Snapshot... rip
I just prepared like I did any other interview, and maybe focused a bit more on the situational questions "tell me abt a time when...", etc. Def know why medicine, but that goes for any interview. But I think it's better to have your talking points condensed cuz it can be distracting looking at yourself and I lost my train of thought once and sorta got hung up on it for the other q's. But I got in still, so obvi I didn't need to be perfect. lol. You'll kill it!

I just prepared like I did any other interview, and maybe focused a bit more on the situational questions "tell me abt a time when...", etc. Def know why medicine, but that goes for any interview. But I think it's better to have your talking points condensed cuz it can be distracting looking at yourself and I lost my train of thought once and sorta got hung up on it for the other q's. But I got in still, so obvi I didn't need to be perfect. lol. You'll kill it!
Thank you for the help, and congrats on getting in!

• Care
Hi everyone! Current M3 here. Just wanted to pitch in and say Wake is an amazing school and I'm grateful to be pursuing my medical training here. The physicians and faculty are supportive, available, and there are a myriad of opportunities available to students. I followed SDN pretty closely during my application year, and so I'm happy to answer any questions! Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! Current M3 here. Just wanted to pitch in and say Wake is an amazing school and I'm grateful to be pursuing my medical training here. The physicians and faculty are supportive, available, and there are a myriad of opportunities available to students. I followed SDN pretty closely during my application year, and so I'm happy to answer any questions! Good luck!!
Would love to ask you some questions about Wake and Winston Salem! Could I PM you?

Post-II R .... does anyone know if Wake provides feedback?

Last edited:
  • Care
A! Received around 7pm EST. Interviewed Oct 24th.

Just got the A via email/portal update. This doesn't feel real 😭 interviewed 10/26. Feels so bizarre to type out "got the A", gonna wait for a call or some kind of confirmation tomorrow that it's real lol

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know when wake starts pulling from the waitlist?

Does anyone know if WF does an admitted students day in the Spring or anything like that?

First of all, do IIs show up on the portal message or does that only change once there's an actual decision like rejection or acceptance or waitlist for you? Second of all, if they do show up on the portal, does that happen before or after y'all get notified by email?

Do we need to accept our position on the waitlist? Or is there nothing else we need to do to still be considered except a letter of interest?

Does accepting the position just mean that you're holding the acceptance until further notice? I just want to make sure I'm clear on what their expectations are. And does anyone know if they require a deposit?