2022-2023 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

It is sort of difficult to talk about their mission/vision and not sound generic, so I just talked about programs/research that I have experience with or am interested in
Thanks! Yeah that's true. I looked into a couple of their research opportunities and it sounded interesting so I might go with that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they require DUET. On their site it says they do not require snapshot. but that is all it says they do not require.
Agreed- since they require Altus Suite, it seems that they require Duet as well (but they don't use Snapshot, apparently). Here's a link to their website for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed- since they require Altus Suite, it seems that they require Duet as well (but they don't use Snapshot, apparently). Here's a link to their website for anyone interested.
My apologies! Thank you for clarifying this, I'll delete my reply.

The only thing I am confused on is if you still have to do the snapshot, they just do not look at it?
" After 10 days, you will no longer have access to Snapshot or Duet and your Altus Suite will be deemed incomplete."
Also weirdly I took my DUET after the 10 days. Wondering if that will affect me in any way. I have reached out to Atlas Suite in regards to this.

The only thing I am confused on is if you still have to do the snapshot, they just do not look at it?
" After 10 days, you will no longer have access to Snapshot or Duet and your Altus Suite will be deemed incomplete."
Also weirdly I took my DUET after the 10 days. Wondering if that will affect me in any way. I have reached out to Atlas Suite in regards to this.
My two cents: AltusSuite's website says Wake Forest only requires CASPER.

Wake Forest's website had AltusSuite information for the 2021-2022 cycle still. Regardless, all three of the modules with Altus can be completed independently and are sent to schools independently. So if Wake Forest only requires CASPER (and lets say DUET, though not really confirmed), if one does not complete Snapshot they should have no issue theoretically.

Further, the claim that "after 10 days" access to Snapshot and Duet are removed is false; Altus itself says that it recommends applicants complete those modules within 14 days of CASPER completion, but that the modules are available until the final distribution date associated with the school.

TLDR: pretty sure they only require CASPER; even if they do require Duet, it makes no sense that Snapshot also has to be completed.

This whole Casper, Duet, Snapshot thing is really confusing me. If they require Duet or whatever then why am I being marked complete without having done anything besides Casper

This whole Casper, Duet, Snapshot thing is really confusing me. If they require Duet or whatever then why am I being marked complete without having done anything besides Casper
What I am saying is that they probably only require CASPER. Others were making the deduction that because Duet is not explicitly stated as being not required like Snapshot is, that it is required, which is not necessarily true.

Yeah I'm also a little confused. I didn't do Duet but am still marked complete. I have to do it soon for other schools I applied to though, but I think it's looking like Wake doesn't require it.

I reached out to WakeF admissions a few weeks ago and they ARE NOT requiring snapshot or duet. ONLY Casper.

Reactions: 7 users
I reached out to WakeF admissions a few weeks ago and they ARE NOT requiring snapshot or duet. ONLY Casper.
I stand corrected. Wish they would make that a little more clear lol

"We will be reviewing CASPer. We recommend that you complete all three as other schools you apply to may require them. Thank you for your interest in Wake Forest University School of Medicine."

This is the response I got. I guess this means they are only requiring CASPer.

Reactions: 1 users
"We will be reviewing CASPer. We recommend that you complete all three as other schools you apply to may require them. Thank you for your interest in Wake Forest University School of Medicine."

This is the response I got. I guess this means they are only requiring CASPer.
I got the same response and was marked complete last week (though I did complete Duet for another school). I think we are good to go with just CASPer scores. We've got this!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Received secondary OOS. Verified today 7/19

hello i am pretty new to sdn, is there a way to follow a school thread without commenting every time

hello i am pretty new to sdn, is there a way to follow a school thread without commenting every time
yes there is! click the "watch" button, which is just above the first thread box you see at the upper right corner

yes there is! click the "watch" button, which is just above the first thread box you see at the upper right corner
thank you! also my access to the portal is denied after submitting my secondary. is anyone else having this issue?

Did anyone else's photo get distorted when uploaded? How did you fix this?

Just a heads up my application says the why wake forest question is 150 words or less but here on SDN, it says 200 words or less. The text box does allow you to paste in a 200-word response however so. @wysdoc

Reactions: 2 users
Just a heads up my application says the why wake forest question is 150 words or less but here on SDN, it says 200 words or less. The text box does allow you to paste in a 200-word response however so. @wysdoc
Thanks, I'll adjust it in the first post.
All y'all who already wrote & sent in 200 words, you're okay too.

Interesting. I'm guessing the secondary screening is automatic, but then again I have no idea how any of this works. I'd guess that they review those secondaries after being submitted, not necessarily before.
I don't think the secondary screening is automatic because I received a secondary. hah

thank you! also my access to the portal is denied after submitting my secondary. is anyone else having this issue?

I have the same thing. Bizarrely enough, the link sends me to the grad school applications I submitted in 2018 in addition to this WF application. It dead-ends there.

There is a different weblink that you will need to use to take a look at your application post-submission.

is there way to view or directly access a list of schools you are watching?

is there way to view or directly access a list of schools you are watching?
If you click on the drop-down arrow next to forums in the top left, there is an option for "Watched Threads." That should pull up a list of all threads you're currently watching. :)

• Love
If you click on the drop-down arrow next to forums in the top left, there is an option for "Watched Threads." That should pull up a list of all threads you're currently watching. :)
Thank you!!

They use the ApplyWeb portal which says it's down for maintenance and will be up again around 4pm PDT

Received a complete email 5 days after submitting it, but silence after that. Nothing on the portal

A little late turning in this secondary, but I turned it in and paid and now it just says access denied. Is this normal?

I had the same issue and then I realized I was clicking on the create account link instead of the access portal link that's a few lines down in the email.

I just received the secondary even though I think I should be screened out due to GPA. Do they send to everyone?

I just received the secondary even though I think I should be screened out due to GPA. Do they send to everyone?

Per their website:

"Applicants must have a 502 MCAT and a 3.2 science/BCPM GPA to be sent a secondary application. Applicants who do not meet the undergraduate science GPA of a 3.2 and have completed at least 15 hours of either post-baccalaureate or graduate science coursework be reviewed by the Dean of Admissions upon receipt of the secondary application. The highest MCAT attempt is reviewed."

My interpretation was that they're still willing to look at your application since they do seem to factor in post-undegrad work to an extent. I would have fallen under the same umbrella as yourself, but also received a secondary and did not immediately get rejected after submitting it (although whether that's any consolation is up to you).

Per their website:

"Applicants must have a 502 MCAT and a 3.2 science/BCPM GPA to be sent a secondary application. Applicants who do not meet the undergraduate science GPA of a 3.2 and have completed at least 15 hours of either post-baccalaureate or graduate science coursework be reviewed by the Dean of Admissions upon receipt of the secondary application. The highest MCAT attempt is reviewed."

My interpretation was that they're still willing to look at your application since they do seem to factor in post-undegrad work to an extent. I would have fallen under the same umbrella as yourself, but also received a secondary and did not immediately get rejected after submitting it (although whether that's any consolation is up to you).
I'll shoot my shot then. Thank you! good luck. i do have more than 15 hours of post-grad work :)

I'll shoot my shot then. Thank you! good luck. i do have more than 15 hours of post-grad work :)
I got a rejection email this afternoon which stated I didn't meet the requirements for admissions. I meet MCAT Requirements and have completed 16 hours of post-bacc coursework. I have been emailing admissions and it looks like my post-bacc transcript that was sent in June didn't include all of my grades despite being sent over a month after all my grades were finalized (May) :cryi: SO sad and am hoping admissions is willing to reconsider me given the transcript issue was completely out of my hands as I am not able to view what is sent to schools. But no answer yet back from admissions:cryi:

I got an email screening me out over what I assume was my BCPM GPA, the requirement is a 3.2 and mine is a 3.19... so apparently it is a hard cutoff.

Kinda confused by the email I just received:

Unfortunately, your application does not meet our minimum requirements for us to move forward with your application for this cycle.

I meet the GPA and course requirements, not sure why I'm being screened out?

Kinda confused by the email I just received:

Unfortunately, your application does not meet our minimum requirements for us to move forward with your application for this cycle.

I meet the GPA and course requirements, not sure why I'm being screened out?
I got the same issue. I would email them to find out what you are missing. They responded to my initial response rather quickly.