2022-2023 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kinda confused by the email I just received:

Unfortunately, your application does not meet our minimum requirements for us to move forward with your application for this cycle.

I meet the GPA and course requirements, not sure why I'm being screened out?
What’s your MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it too late to apply here?

edit: no casper score

I’d say take your shot, although keep in mind that you won’t be completed/reviewed until your Casper score is received which is ~2 weeks after your test date

I did my Casper on June 16th, and wake forest still has me as waiting for material. I sent Wake an email yesterday and they told me they haven't yet received my Casper even though every other school received it over a month ago. Is it time for me to reach out to Altus?

Last edited:
I did my Casper on June 16th, and wake forest still has me as waiting for material. I sent Wake an email yesterday and they told me they haven't yet even though every other school received it over a month ago. Is it time for me to reach out to Altus?
Double check to make sure that you requested for your Casper score to be sent to Wake Forest. If that has already been done, then it would be a good idea to reach out to Altus.

Anyone who did the kira assessment willing to share about how to prepare and types of questions to prepare for?
Do you mean Casper? I don’t recall Wake Forest asking for the Kira assessment to be done as a part of their application

I did my Casper on June 16th, and wake forest still has me as waiting for material. I sent Wake an email yesterday and they told me they haven't yet received my Casper even though every other school received it over a month ago. Is it time for me to reach out to Altus?
How do you see if they are waiting for material. My app portal doesn’t say anything

Members don't see this ad :)
1661292023037.png

WHERE’S MY INTERVIEW????

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
@MCAThiccy you have been singlehandedly responsible for refreshing my pitiful library of reaction images. It's all thanks to you that my friends think I'm actually funny these days

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
where did you see 'waiting for material' status? In the portal? Or they sent email? After applying to more than 25 schools it is hard to check every portal every day....

where did you see 'waiting for material' status? In the portal? Or they sent email? After applying to more than 25 schools it is hard to check every portal every day....
I checked the portal. I usually check my school's portals about once a week or every other week.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked the portal. I usually check my school's portals about once a week or every other week.
Thanks for your response. I have received Application Complete email from Wake Forest. You have not received it? Is that why you checked the portal?

Thanks for your response. I have received Application Complete email from Wake Forest. You have not received it? Is that why you checked the portal?
Yes exactly, and then I learned my AAMC ID was incorrect on my Casper which is why it never sent even though I took it a long time ago and I submitted my secondary on July 1st. I have now gotten the email since I fixed it

Yes exactly, and then I learned my AAMC ID was incorrect on my Casper which is why it never sent even though I took it a long time ago and I submitted my secondary on July 1st. I have now gotten the email since I fixed it
Good. Wish you all the best!

Has anyone received an interview recently? I think the next round of invites are coming soon

II yesterday, IS, submitted 6/30
LM: 78.70, ORM

II yesterday, OOS, submitted 7/6, complete 7/21
LM: 65.5

Last edited by a moderator:
OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/25 and haven't gotten any updates

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone with 1Q casper scores get an II? I am wondering if they screen...

Im working on this secondary right now. For the "Tell us about any specific reason(s) (personal, educational, etc.) why you see yourself here at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine." (150 words or less), is it okay if I just write about a lab at WFUSM I would love to be a part of if I was admitted? There is a lab that goes hand in hand with my undergraduate thesis and I honestly will apply to that lab if I get accepted.

Not really sure how to answer this question. First one of this type, I'm coming across in my secondaries. I would appreciate any help! :)
You could do that and I am sure it would be a good connection. However, others on SDN have warned against namedropping, because you never know if the individual you are interviewing with has some bias against the individual referenced.

Congrats!! We have nearly the same LM score and this is my top choice so I'm hoping for the best!
thank you! i had a somewhat unique essay on a personal experience that happened so i think maybe that helped.

For those with an II, did your portal change or did you get an email notification or both?

For those with an II, did your portal change or did you get an email notification or both?
You get an email with the link to schedule your virtual session and another email for kira a few days later. Then your portal comes up with an "events" section which is where you'll find your scheduled session, and your status on the checklist changes to "interview confirmed"

You get an email with the link to schedule your virtual session and another email for kira a few days later. Then your portal comes up with an "events" section which is where you'll find your scheduled session, and your status on the checklist changes to "interview confirmed"
Thank you!

Has wake sent a majority of its IIs out or are they're still some for July completes?

For people that haven't heard from Wake Forest, what does it say in your checklist? Still says File Complete, my app completed late July. Should it say "Under Review" at any point?

For people that haven't heard from Wake Forest, what does it say in your checklist? Still says File Complete, my app completed late July. Should it say "Under Review" at any point?
That's what my file says (File Complete) and I haven't heard back yet. Also curious if anyone knows about the timeline for hearing back for those of us who don't meet admissions requirements but meet the post bacc/graduate work course hours necessary for the Dean to review our app? Would assume this would take longer than a typical applicant, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything from previous cycles.

Mine says that too. I don't think there's anything else you can do once it's marked complete besides hope.

hey guys! just wanted to share some info -- at the virtual session, they mentioned that the session itself is not judged in any way, meaning decisions are made by academics, secondaries, and virtual assessment (weighed more than the others!), also they are planning to send out around 500 interview invites and decisions for people interviewed in august/september will be released mid-october!

Reactions: 10 users
Is virtual assessment CASPER? RIP me..
yea kinda :/ but honestly it was easy to tie back to personal experiences like there wasn't a question where i had no clue where i was going with it -- 2 min to prep and 5 min to answer

yea kinda :/ but honestly it was easy to tie back to personal experiences like there wasn't a question where i had no clue where i was going with it -- 2 min to prep and 5 min to answer
Totally failed that casper thing 🫠 bye WFSOM

Congrats! How did you get notified? DId your portal change from interview confirmed?

Thanks! I got an email that a final decision was made and to check my portal. I was able to view the letter from there.

Reactions: 2 users