2021-2022 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been rejected here yet?

Members don't see this ad.

+3... interviewed 11/27...
Was 11/27 your interview or the virtual session? Just wondering because I heard the only look at your interview once you attend a session. Wishing you good luck with this school and others 🫂

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I got an acceptance letter today, but have a question. In the letter, it says, "We hope that you will accept our offer to enroll at Wake Forest School of Medicine and look forward to hearing from you. Please accept or decline within two weeks by selecting the appropriate response in the applicant portal."
I thought that you didn't have to "Commit to Enroll" until May 2022. Can anyone clarify what the correct deadline is?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I got an acceptance letter today, but have a question. In the letter, it says, "We hope that you will accept our offer to enroll at Wake Forest School of Medicine and look forward to hearing from you. Please accept or decline within two weeks by selecting the appropriate response in the applicant portal."
I thought that you didn't have to "Commit to Enroll" until May 2022. Can anyone clarify what the correct deadline is?
They want to know who is likely to come. If you have other solid offers and want to cross a school off your list, you decline.
If this school is one you would attend, but you are still waiting to hear back from other schools, accept.
You are allowed to accept and hold more than one offer until April, when you must narrow it down.
You should go back and review the rules on AAMC as it is a lot to remember & you will need to know this spring.

Reactions: 1 user
They want to know who is likely to come. If you have other solid offers and want to cross a school off your list, you decline.
If this school is one you would attend, but you are still waiting to hear back from other schools, accept.
You are allowed to accept and hold more than one offer until April, when you must narrow it down.
You should go back and review the rules on AAMC as it is a lot to remember & you will need to know this spring.
That makes sense- thank you very much

Can anyone speak on the stress level of the virtual interview? and if possible can someone comment on the length of the questions?
A ISS- I found the stress level of the pre-recorded virtual interviews to be very minimal. I did the practice questions before hand to get me comfortable. I would say the questions were very straight forward about practical life situations. After getting the questiom video prompt, you get like a minute to prepare and then 5 minutes to answer. I didn't use the full 5 mins for any of them

Reactions: 1 users
Which virtual session date were the most recent decisions released for? Trying to figure out how long I've got left to wait

Does anyone know if note-taking is allowed during the 2 minutes you hear/receive the prompt?
They never mentioned anything about not allowing it so I scratched some quick bullets/outline on plain paper during prep time. I feel like if it's not allowed they would explicitly say it.

I'm thinking 12/2 virtual session people should be hearing soon since the 11/30 applicants heard last week?

Does Wake send post-II Rs? Doesn't seem like anyone has gotten one yet in this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was 11/27 your interview or the virtual session? Just wondering because I heard the only look at your interview once you attend a session. Wishing you good luck with this school and others 🫂
interview was 11/27, virtual session was 11/30. and thank you! you as well

I wonder if the admissions office has already gone on break or if there's any hope of the 12/2 interviews hearing back earlier than expected. I'd love to know just so I can relax over my break from work :censored:

Does anyone know if accepting the Dean's Medical Excellence Scholarship automatically commits you to the school?

If my virtual session is Jan. 20th, am I able to do the interview any day before the 20th of January? Do they send out admission decisions after the virtual session or is it possible to get an admission decision before the 20th?

If my virtual session is Jan. 20th, am I able to do the interview any day before the 20th of January? Do they send out admission decisions after the virtual session or is it possible to get an admission decision before the 20th?
They won't look at your virtual interview until after the info session. So yes, you can do the interview any day before the session and no, they don't give decisions before then.

Hi can anyone let me know how to access my portal? I submitted a couple months ago and have been trying to figure out where the portal is! Thank you!

Hi can anyone let me know how to access my portal? I submitted a couple months ago and have been trying to figure out where the portal is! Thank you!
Yeah the Wake Forest portal is weird. I think it's because the original link you use expires.

However, if you go back into the 1st email they sent you (Subject Line: WFSOM: 2022 Application Cycle Secondary Application Link), and click on the link under list item #3 (next to where it says "Portal Link"), that should work.

You're not able to see much, but you can click on "View Checklist" to upload updates (I haven't sent any, but looks like they're accepted).

• Care
Yeah the Wake Forest portal is weird. I think it's because the original link you use expires.

However, if you go back into the 1st email they sent you (Subject Line: WFSOM: 2022 Application Cycle Secondary Application Link), and click on the link under list item #3 (next to where it says "Portal Link"), that should work.

You're not able to see much, but you can click on "View Checklist" to upload updates (I haven't sent any, but looks like they're accepted).
Thank you so so much, this was incredibly helpful!

• Care
A little late to the party but I received an II today! Complete early October, OOS but with some ties to NC, stats around MSAR medians.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
A little late to the party but I received an II today! Complete early October, OOS but with some ties to NC, stats around MSAR medians.
Congrats. Hope this is a sign of a wave

Have any accepted individuals received instructions for the background check? An email I got back in November said notifications for this are sent out 10-14 days after acceptance but I never got one. If anyone has completed theirs I'd really appreciate tips about how to start it. Thank you!

Have any accepted individuals received instructions for the background check? An email I got back in November said notifications for this are sent out 10-14 days after acceptance but I never got one. If anyone has completed theirs I'd really appreciate tips about how to start it. Thank you!
You might want to email the Office of MD Admissions if you don't get it in the next week or so. I originally got an email from AMCAS in May saying that background checks don't begin until after Jan 1 for non-ED accepted applicants so they might just be starting to get around to it. You should get an email from Certiphi Screening with the info when they do contact you. Wake will also send an email notifying you in addition to the screening service.

Any idea if early/mid December decisions will come out soon?
During my info session in early December they said decisions would be released before the holidays. Thought it was too good to be true...

During my info session in early December they said decisions would be released before the holidays. Thought it was too good to be true...
I was hoping we'd get them around new years

Hi guys! are there any current WFSOM students I could talk to? Thank you!

Accepted! Interview was 12/2

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yes I just r
Have any accepted individuals received instructions for the background check? An email I got back in November said notifications for this are sent out 10-14 days after acceptance but I never got one. If anyone has completed theirs I'd really appreciate tips about how to start it. Thank you
Yes I just received an email from Certiphi!