2022-2023 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II last night (at 10 PM lol)! LM 80, OOS, complete 8/11!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! Did you send any update letter?
Also, when are they scheduling for?
Thank you!! I didn't send an update letter, and scheduling in early December (but I'm not sure if it was because they're trying to avoid scheduling in late December with the holidays since I know some schools are)!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Duke seems to have lower stats compared to other top schools. What is their focus more on?

Duke seems to have lower stats compared to other top schools. What is their focus more on?
I've always gotten the vibe that Duke is very diversity driven. I've also heard that they don't look at MCAT scores when sending IIs.

ahhh!!! was just starting to give up on duke, but received an II two days ago (in my spam folder!)

lm 77, oos, complete 7/30/22 :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
They look at the MCAT...their median is 519 , bottom 10% is 511...
Eh, WashU, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Pritzker are ranked lower and have a higher median. The bottom 10% of JHU and NYU is a 518. Sure, they care about stats. But it’s more like UCSF/Harvard/Stanford where a lower than excellent MCAT won’t keep you out. Seems like they value research and diversity.

edit: misswrote

Last edited:
All of these schools have a higher median than Duke's 519 (521, 521, 520, 521, respectively). Duke's 25th percentile is a 515 which is the ~10th or lower for most of the aforementioned schools.
My bad, I miswrote that first sentence. I corrected it. Thank you.

They look at the MCAT...their median is 519 , bottom 10% is 511...
Just sharing what I read earlier in this thread! They may look at MCAT after the interview or what was shared earlier could be wrong and they may look at MCAT prior to sending IIs. There's no telling, just a thought that may explain their lower median MCAT for such a highly ranked school.

Just sharing what I read earlier in this thread! They may look at MCAT after the interview or what was shared earlier could be wrong and they may look at MCAT prior to sending IIs. There's no telling, just a thought that may explain their lower median MCAT for such a highly ranked school.
How is 519 low median MCAT ?

Members don't see this ad :)
II a few hours ago. Good luck, everyone!

No. They update at the end of the cycle as per their complete email.
So is it me or does it seem like all like the t20s seem to only reject at end of cycle and most don't give Pre II rejections...

Can anyone who interviewed today for Duke DM me? I was trying to remember all the interviewers' names for a thank you letter, but I'm missing a couple :( thanks!

Has everyone who submitted the first week of September gotten an interview yet?? ;(

Has everyone who submitted the first week of September gotten an interview yet?? ;(
I got an interview a little over a month ago with a complete date of 9/18. However, I applied PCLT, and these applicants might be prioritized for review?

Reactions: 1 users
I am now thinking to myself, why did I spend so much time on the duke secondary

• Haha
Reactions: 33 users
If I haven’t gotten an ii yet and was complete 9/9 should I give up? Or are they still gonna release ii this month? ;(

Reactions: 3 users
So when a school says they stop interviewing in January it means they stop handing interview invites in Jan right
No I think they mean they stop interviews in Jan, meaning the last invites probably go out in late Dec or early Jan.

Interviewed last week and at the end of the session one of the members of the office of admissions mentioned that update letters could be sent two to three weeks after the interview. However, on the website, it says that update letters are only acceptable one week after. Did anyone else who interviewed hear similar news or know what the correct deadline is?
I sent mine in a few days after my interview just in case.

anyone know if duke adcoms are still reviewing through Friday? or when they'll be back in office?

If I haven’t gotten an ii yet and was complete 9/9 should I give up? Or are they still gonna release ii this month? ;(
I saw on their application timeline on their website that their virtual interview season is from early Sept to early Feb so we have until early Feb to know. MSAR also has the earliest acceptance notice is 02/17/2022. I also have not heard anything, complete on the later side on 10/03/2022.

OOS II just now! LM 82, complete 10/7
Thought I submitted too late to have a chance

OOS II today!! Complete late August ish.
Do you know if they will open more dates soon?

Hey y'all. Are they allowing post-II updates longer than a week after the interview? I can't quite remember if this was touched upon during interview. Thanks!

I am a little confused, could someone help me? What is the deal with post interview update letter? Are we allowed to send them and if so how?

I am a little confused, could someone help me? What is the deal with post interview update letter? Are we allowed to send them and if so how?
On the supplemental application site it says they’re allowed 1 week after interview but I am similarly confused if they were perhaps allowed via email or something . Can’t remember

Bruh I just got an email from Duke Fuqua School of Medicine about their masters programs 💀💀💀

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone who has interviewed here be willing to answer a few questions about their experience for me via PM? Would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Duke has asked the interviewees not to share the content of the MMI stations.