2022-2023 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I genuinely wonder how many people were deterred bc of their secondaries. Like I'm so curious to know how many apps they have received so far compared to previous years lol
Previous cycles it was 6/7 long essays compared to this year. I am sure they got the message :)

Members don't see this ad.

Received Duke & Pitt II 09/15. First II's. :) Never expected Duke to consider me. I am humbled and thankful.
514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, Research heavy, 1 publication ( 2nd author), Decent amount of shadowing, Not URM, OOS, diverse extra-curriculars, Complete 08/02

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received an interview for the PCLT program yet? Also, for those that have received interviews, did you fill out the additional optional question of "Please let us know of any additional information that you would like us to consider while reviewing your application"?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an interview for the PCLT program yet? Also, for those that have received interviews, did you fill out the additional optional question of "Please let us know of any additional information that you would like us to consider while reviewing your application"?
II recipient who left that question blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II!!!!!!!! NO WAYYYYY!!! OOS, complete 7/17!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II just now! Reapp, IS, ORM 3.93/517. Complete 9/12

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Also curious about this! I know they only interview PCLT after applicants complete their regular interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it just me or are II invites wicked slow this year??

Reactions: 5 users
That’s good to hear tbh. Not sure why there’d be a system-wide slowdown though. More applicants? COVID?
Covid should not be a factor, unless they are understaffed at every school this year.... Or this year they are trully doing a Holistic review beyond MCAT and GPA Cut offs at most schools.

Some schools are scheduling into Jan/Feb already so not sure a system-wide slowdown is very accurate. Could just be that few II are reported on SDN although this thread in particular is pretty slow as is the UCSF one. Not worth trying to understand the black box that is admissions tbh, too stressful!

Could be UCSF and Duke and more holistic schools select for students with lives instead of nerds that constantly refresh SDN. Guilty as charged.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Could be UCSF and Duke and more holistic schools select for students with lives instead of nerds that constantly refresh SDN. Guilty as charged.
Naaa the slowdown is across the board this year, it can be that students who get II are not on SDN too.

I got an II here 9/27 but forgot to post here. That was my first II of the cycle, so I can definitely relate that this cycle seems slower than other years...

When does Duke usually send out pre-II rejections does anyone know?

II today!!! URM, LM 82, complete 8/15

-we lit, God good

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
When does Duke usually send out pre-II rejections does anyone know?
They do not. They say on their website they will not let you know if you are rejected til the end of the cycle. They will you starting in February if you are accepted and you have to wait til after then for either decision

But then it is very late for the regular MD......
From what I understand, you need to get a normal Duke II before a PCLT and are considered for both programs at the same time. You complete the Duke standard interview and if you score appropriately you will do a separate traditional interview with PCLT. You are considered for both program’s separately and at the same time. If you don’t get into PCLT you are still in the running for general admissions. All interview acceptances come out on same date. You can be accepted for standard admissions at this time but not PCLT and vice versa. I received the standard II and followed up the with admissions office because I was confused.

Reactions: 2 users
From what I understand, you need to get a normal Duke II before a PCLT and are considered for both programs at the same time. You complete the Duke standard interview and if you score appropriately you will do a separate traditional interview with PCLT. You are considered for both program’s separately and at the same time. If you don’t get into PCLT you are still in the running for general admissions. All interview acceptances come out on same date. You can be accepted for standard admissions at this time but not PCLT and vice versa. I received the standard II and followed up the with admissions office because I was confused.
Thank you.

IS II 10/17!! Submitted mid August. I didn't think this would happen!!

Reactions: 4 users
So theoretically you can get accepted into both programs or does acceptance into PCLT eliminate you from the standard MD acceptance?
You are accepted to both MD and PCLT programs if you are accepted into PCLT. Once you are in PCLT you have the option to decide whether you want to stay in it or pursue the normal MD track. I believe you have to decide this by the end of the first year. PCLT admission = standard MD admission on a special optional track (PCLT). Source: Duke was my undergrad, I know people in the program who I'm close with, and I'm applying to the program. But if there are any current PCLT students who could confirm this that would probably be best. And you are considered for PCLT at the same time you are considered for MD so you aren't at a disadvantage for normal MD admission if you aren't selected for PCLT!

You are accepted to both MD and PCLT programs if you are accepted into PCLT. Once you are in PCLT you have the option to decide whether you want to stay in it or pursue the normal MD track. I believe you have to decide this by the end of the first year. PCLT admission = standard MD admission on a special optional track (PCLT). Source: Duke was my undergrad, I know people in the program who I'm close with, and I'm applying to the program. But if there are any current PCLT students who could confirm this that would probably be best. And you are considered for PCLT at the same time you are considered for MD so you aren't at a disadvantage for normal MD admission if you aren't selected for PCLT!
If you didn't get a PCLT interview after your MD vMMI, do you think that could be a sign that your MD interview didn't go well or that the PCLT isn't interested?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OOS II this morning!! I'm still waking up, but I'm dead oh my gosh. Complete 9/19

I was not able to schedule the interview. Anyone else experience this?

Also, is there a consensus on how PCLT works? It sounds like you first interview at Duke Med, and then you are possibly invited for a follow-up interview with the PCLT admissions?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If you didn't get a PCLT interview after your MD vMMI, do you think that could be a sign that your MD interview didn't go well or that the PCLT isn't interested?
I don't want to speculate so if someone else has knowledge please chime in! This might even be something you could reach out to admissions about. Based on my friend's experience, their PCLT interview came within a month of their MMI I believe

Reactions: 1 users