2022-2023 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OOS II this morning!! I'm still waking up, but I'm dead oh my gosh. Complete 9/19

I was not able to schedule the interview. Anyone else experience this?

Also, is there a consensus on how PCLT works? It sounds like you first interview at Duke Med, and then you are possibly invited for a follow-up interview with the PCLT admissions?
You are correct about PCLT interview process! First you go through standard Duke Med interview then a personal call/Zoom will be scheduled with someone from the PCLT team. All my knowledge is based on my friend's experience during last year's cycle though so really hoping someone can come through and validate lol take everything I say with a dated grain of salt

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You are correct about PCLT interview process! First you go through standard Duke Med interview then a personal call/Zoom will be scheduled with someone from the PCLT team. All my knowledge is based on my friend's experience during last year's cycle though so really hoping someone can come through and validate lol take everything I say with a dated grain of salt
Seems right. I did MMI last week and got the PCLT invite today.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a little confused, does Duke accept update letters? I see on the portal an option for "any additional details that were not included in the AMCAS application". Could I put an update letter here? No II, complete 7/17 LM 78

Members don't see this ad :)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OOS II this morning!! I'm still waking up, but I'm dead oh my gosh. Complete 9/19

I was not able to schedule the interview. Anyone else experience this?

Also, is there a consensus on how PCLT works? It sounds like you first interview at Duke Med, and then you are possibly invited for a follow-up interview with the PCLT admissions?
Congratulations!

Are Duke Med school acceptances rolling basis or do all acceptances/rejections come out on a specified day?

• Love
Are Duke Med school acceptances rolling basis or do all acceptances/rejections come out on a specified day?
Non-rolling - they release decisions in mid-late February.

II today!! Complete 7/19. Canadian applicant, totally wasn't expecting this!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I had my Duke interview yesterday. Had only 2 MMI's and the rest of the time was more general interview questions. The student was closed file and adcom was open file. Can any of you that interviewed chime in on what yours looked like? Thank you.

I was expecting 10 MMI's

Reactions: 4 users
I had my Duke interview yesterday. Had only 2 MMI's and the rest of the time was more general interview questions. The student was closed file and adcom was open file. Can any of you that interviewed chime in on what yours looked like? Thank you.

I was expecting 10 MMI's

Mine was 10 straight MMIs

Man if I get a pre-II R from Duke this will hurt as an alumnus, but it's looking like that will be the case hehe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! What's the consensus on sending a thank-you email for Duke's MMI interview?

I burnt out and decided not to submit Duke 2ndary earlier in the process, and then in the 11th hour decided fk it, I cant just NOT apply even if my chances are low. So here I am scrambling to write 8 essays for Duke before the Nov 15 deadline tonight :,(
Probably throwing away $100, but Wayne Gretzky Michael Scott so....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I burnt out and decided not to submit Duke 2ndary earlier in the process, and then in the 11th hour decided fk it, I cant just NOT apply even if my chances are low. So here I am scrambling to write 8 essays for Duke before the Nov 15 deadline tonight :,(
I went back-and-forth for weeks before finally deciding to just get it done. Granted, I ended up submitting my secondary on 8/14, but I submitted most other AMCAS secondaries during the first week of August. Still crickets, but I never expected anything out of this process. Just cast a wide net and figured maaaaaybe one of these reach schools might give me a shout at some point. Still nothing from AMCAS schools, but doing well in the TMDSAS app.

I agree that it's worth a shot. I've seen a lot of threads where someone submitted their secondary within the past week or so and got an II shortly after submission. You never know where you're the perfect fit until they let you know!! I hope you got it done today!

• Care
Same here! Submitted 11pm

• Love
I was complete Sep 10 and my portal says application screening still…anyone know if Duke only updates it if you get an interview?

Last edited:
I was complete Sep 10 and my portal says application screening still…anyone know if Duke only updates it if you get an interview?
I was complete early Aug and same. I think portal only changes if you get an interview invite.

They pretty much ghost you until the very end of the cycle, they state on the portal they will not update you with any news unless you have an interview.

Anyone complete on 9/6 still not hear anything yet?

Complete Mid August and also haven't heard anything. Expecting this to be an R, but could be surprised

has anyone submitted an update letter? do you think we should email or submit on the portal? (havent gotten an II)

Are we still allowed to submit LOR via AMCAS or is it past the deadline? I don’t see anything about this on Duke website. I interviewed in early Oct so not sure if my application has already been “decided on”

Anyone else having trouble uploading to the portal? The box for the file is a text box rather than one that lets me select a file. Help?? TIA
It sounds like you're looking at the Further Information section under Additional Considerations. You're able to upload a PDF update letter in the Upload Files section (also under Additional Considerations):
DCBA1D0B-4249-4249-81CE-7BB46A0F2EAA.jpeg

It sounds like you're looking at the Further Information section under Additional Considerations. You're able to upload a PDF update letter in the Upload Files section (also under Additional Considerations):
View attachment 362473
Hmmm, it just keeps telling me to type in the File field. I can't drag and drop a file into it. Did you drag and drop?
1669416309354.png

Hmmm, it just keeps telling me to type in the File field. I can't drag and drop a file into it. Did you drag and drop?View attachment 362474
Oh that's weird. When I click on it it gives me the option to select a file (not drag and drop). My best guess is to:
  • Try using private browsing/incognito mode, or a different browser
  • Try using a different device
If neither of those work you may need to email them because that would sound like a tech issue

IS II Monday, submitted just before labor day!

View attachment 362473
Just want to make sure; we're only supposed to update with "publications that have been accepted, elections to honorary societies, service or travel awards, any updates to your application that were not submitted in your original application including academic or social infraction that would adversely affect your application" right? According to their website? So an update not related to these shouldn't be added.

Just want to make sure; we're only supposed to update with "publications that have been accepted, elections to honorary societies, service or travel awards, any updates to your application that were not submitted in your original application including academic or social infraction that would adversely affect your application" right? According to their website? So an update not related to these shouldn't be added.
Correct

OOS II just now! LM 82, complete 8/7. Super stoked and grateful now that I pushed through on that secondary haha!

• Love